9 game ACC schedule

Caneman2

Banned
Banned
I’m in favor of it. I’m tired of playing the teams in the Atlantic Division (except for FSU) once every 6 years.

Advertisement
I’m in favor of it. I’m tired of playing the teams in the Atlantic Division (except for FSU) once every 6 years.
It's the result of the 14 team conference hysteria. We got two long term mediocre programs in Syracuse and Pitt and lessoned our cross division games by one. We play Florida more than Clemson in the regular season the next 7 years.

It's not going to happen, at all, but I'd rather tell BC, Wake, Pitt and Syracuse to **** off, move the conference back to 12 after we chip away two solid teams from the Big 12. This conference is just so god **** boring right now.

The ACC was planning on going to 9 conference games before adding Pitt and Syracuse. That would have meant we would have played the Atlantic teams (other than FSU) 3 times every 5 years. Somehow they cancelled the 9 game idea after adding Pitt and Cuse.

Anyway, we could try out this roommate switch idea. This would guarantee we’d play every team 2 times every 4 years. (Even with just 8 conference games.)

IDK exactly what pods you’d form with ACC teams.

I think every conference needs to go to nine games. Too many cupcake/blowout games in college football. Especially at the beginning of the year.

Advertisement
It's the result of the 14 team conference hysteria. We got two long term mediocre programs in Syracuse and Pitt and lessoned our cross division games by one. We play Florida more than Clemson in the regular season the next 7 years.

It's not going to happen, at all, but I'd rather tell BC, Wake, Pitt and Syracuse to **** off, move the conference back to 12 after we chip away two solid teams from the Big 12. This conference is just so god **** boring right now.
Syracuse is considered better than us this year so why would we kick Syracuse out? They are the 2nd best team in the Atlantic. All for getting Wake out, we have enough North Carolina teams. Keep Pitt and Cuse. Boston is a solid media market, would make zero sense to kick them out.

Be
Syracuse is considered better than us this year so why would we kick Syracuse out? They are the 2nd best team in the Atlantic. All for getting Wake out, we have enough North Carolina teams. Keep Pitt and Cuse. Boston is a solid media market, would make zero sense to kick them out.
it’s potential. Syracuse is back in the dumps once Barbers is gone. Look how they’re recruiting with Barbers right now even with relative success. And for BC... The SEC doesn’t have media markets but are still bringing in the cash. This conference eventually has to make a move if it wants to be competitive and make these regular season schedules respectable.

Be

it’s potential. Syracuse is back in the dumps once Barbers is gone. Look how they’re recruiting with Barbers right now even with relative success. And for BC... The SEC doesn’t have media markets but are still bringing in the cash. This conference eventually has to make a move.
ND is not going full membership anytime soon. Grabbing UT and another BIG 12 team would be great.

Anyway, we could try out this roommate switch idea. This would guarantee we’d play every team 2 times every 4 years. (Even with just 8 conference games.)

IDK exactly what pods you’d form with ACC teams.
You don’t even need to do pods. Just pick 3 rivals for each team to play every year. It doesn’t matter if they are geographically close.

But all these conferences have a thing for divisions for some reason, even the ACC despite our divisions being an obvious failure.

Advertisement
Clemson
Fsu
Louisville
N.C. State
Houston
Duke

Miami
Vt
Virginia
North carolina
GT
West Virginia

Can’t tell me that VT, Virginia, UNC, GT, WVU then 3 alternating Atlantic games without wake, bc or Syracuse being one of them wouldn’t make this conference more exciting going forward.

Instead, we lose a chance to play Clemson and get ****** Pitt annually.

Clemson
Fsu
Louisville
N.C. State
Houston
Duke

Miami
Vt
Virginia
North carolina
GT
West Virginia

Can’t tell me that VT, Virginia, UNC, GT, WVU then 3 alternating Atlantic games without wake, bc or Syracuse being one of them wouldn’t make this conference more exciting going forward.

Instead, we lose a chance to play Clemson and get ****** Pitt annually.

Why the **** would you have Houston in the conference? They’re not geographically close and are notorious for having no fans, even when they do well. That’s why they got excluded from the Big 12 despite having done better than Texas Tech and Baylor in the SWC in both football and basketball.

I’m not even sure if the ACC would be that thrilled with WV in the conference. In addition to the academics, their fans are probably the worst behaved in college football. Plus there’s the stereotype of West Virginians as being inbred, hillbillies, toothless, etc.

Last edited:
Why the **** would you have Houston in the conference? They’re not geographically close and are notorious for having no fans, even when they do well. That’s why they got excluded from the Big 12 despite having done better than Texas Tech and Baylor in the SWC in both football and basketball.

I’m not even sure if the ACC would be that thrilled with WV in the conference. In addition to the academics, their fans are probably the worst in college football. Plus there’s the stereotype of West Virginians as being inbred, hillbillies, toothless, etc.

Wake and Pitt have fans? At least it gives them potential to grow in a talent rich area and at worst gives the conference Texas exposure. Plus, they’ve been spending a lot more on athletics and seem committed to winning. There’s plenty of other teams from the Big 12 I’d rather get but went a more realistic route.

And idgaf about hillbilly fans give me more important games in the regular season, period.

Wake and Pitt have fans? At least it gives them potential to grow in a talent rich area and at worst gives the conference Texas exposure. Plus, they’ve been spending a lot more on athletics and seem committed to winning. There’s plenty of other teams from the Big 12 I’d rather get but went a more realistic route.

And idgaf about hillbilly fans give me more important games in the regular season, period.

Read this, where WVU fans beat a pregnant LSU fan and her husband unconscious. https://www.herald-dispatch.com/spo...cle_ba73ec89-c2e0-5745-9448-84f82a5cadab.html

Their behavior when we visited there in 1996 was also unbelievably bad, and Randy Shannon (then the Miami LB coach) filed a lawsuit against WVU.

Advertisement
The ACC was planning on going to 9 conference games before adding Pitt and Syracuse. That would have meant we would have played the Atlantic teams (other than FSU) 3 times every 5 years. Somehow they cancelled the 9 game idea after adding Pitt and Cuse.
The reason for no 9 game schedule is Clemson, FSU, GT, and Louisville. They all play OOC in-state rivals on the last weekend of each season. They didn't want to be locked into 10 games each year. Personally, I think the other 10 schools should tell them "too bad" and move to a 9 game schedule. It is ridiculous to play almost half of the conference only once every 6 years.

Honestly im of the belief of demanding ND, bringing in WV from the Big 12 and then going to a North and South alignment.

North
BC
CUSE
PITT
WVU
LOUISVILLE
VT
UVA
ND

South
UNC
DUKE
NC STATE
WAKE
CLEMSON
GT
FSU
MIAMI

Play a 9 game schedule and place a ban on FCS teams

The reason for no 9 game schedule is Clemson, FSU, GT, and Louisville. They all play OOC in-state rivals on the last weekend of each season. They didn't want to be locked into 10 games each year. Personally, I think the other 10 schools should tell them "too bad" and move to a 9 game schedule. It is ridiculous to play almost half of the conference only once every 6 years.

Oh well

Advertisement

Because I see a scenario that the Texas Schools head to the Pac-12 and the Oklahoma schools heading to the SEC

Next realignment will more than likely look like this

ACC
BC, Cuse, Pitt, WVU, Louisville, ND, VT, UVA,

UNC, DUKE, WAKE, NC STATE, CLEMSON, GT, FSU, MIAMI

SEC
UK, UTK, VANDY, UGA, SOUTH CAROLINA, UF, BAMA, AUBURN

OL MISS, MS STATE, LSU, ARKANSAS, MISSOURI, TAMU, OU, OK STATE

PAC 12
WASH, WASH STATE, OREGON, OSU, CAL, STANFORD, UTAH, COLORADO

TEXAS, TEXAS TECH, TCU, BAYLOR, ARIZONA, ASU, USC, UCLA

BIG 10
RUTGERS, MARYLAND, PENN STATE, OHIO STATE, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN STATE, INDIANA, PURDUE

ILLINOIS, NORTHWESTERN, WISCONSIN, MINNESOTA, IOWA, IOWA STATE, KANSAS, NEBRASKA

9 game schedules and conference champions go to the CFP and then there would be no need to expand it

These no way Wake would be asked to go. They are a founding member of the ACC and a card carrying member of the Tobacco Road mafia.

ND is not going full membership anytime soon. Grabbing UT and another BIG 12 team would be great.

We can thank the morons on the BCS committee for that by giving them a free pass into the playoff system. Without that, their NBC contact would soon become worthless. You can see from the basketball tournament how quickly they'll join a conference if you force their hands.

I to also believe Houston would be a good grab. Top 5 largest city, huge Texas market, investing in their athletics (renovated basketball arena, recently-built On campus Stadium), east side of Texas so it isn't that far. Also what is this? 1999? Teams fly. The potential is there with a move to the P5. Also WVU has so many rivals here they are an ACC school from an athletics standpoint.

This would be sort of a dream idea (concept).

Add 2 teams (ie: WVU, Houston), scrap divisions, 9 conference games, and add 3 team rivals per school. (ie: Miami 3 Rivals teams would be FSU, VT, and GT - This is mainly to preserve in-conference rivalries / keep or create profitable games). Miami will play those 3 team every year.

Here is how the schedule could probably go. On the left are the 3 team rivals that you don't skip. On the left is an example of how a schedule might look for Miami from 2019-2022. With this you'd be playing every ACC team in 2 years or 3. In 4 years you will play every team in the ACC Home and Away.

accc vis.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back