9-3 a Good Season?

13-2 means making the play-offs at 11-2. One team has made it with 2 losses.
Oh No Omg GIF by The Office

Advertisement
9-4 was my preseason hope with a good bowl win. 1 **** loss (Gtech fits that) and the other 3 are hard fought non blowouts and where we say “man if….” UNc 3rd quarter fits that.

**** that GT game is gonna haunt us forever... such a stupid way to lose....we'd feel a lot better 7-1 right now, and I know 95% of this board thought there was no way we were going 7-1. #BendtheKnee

**** that GT game is gonna haunt us forever... such a stupid way to lose....we'd feel a lot better 7-1 right now, and I know 95% of this board thought there was no way we were going 7-1. #BendtheKnee
Probably would have lost another game along the way somewhere (A&M, Clemson, UVA). I get the revisionist history but our record is about right.

Advertisement
In fall camp i would have said **** yeah and it still should be a good season where this program has been since 2005 and coming off of 5-7. But 9-3 feels very meh. The offense has become predictable and TVD is forcing throws as a result. Hopefully Dawson & TVD can get their **** together and get some wins against NC State, Louisville, and BC. However, even we get these wins, it will have felt like we didn't maximize our talent potential; again. Georgia Tech should have been a win, if the TVD/Dawson that showed out from the TAMU game show up from at chapel hill we are undefeated at this point and probably finish 11-. Thoughts?
NO WAY this team goes 9-3

they will be lucky as @#$@# to get to 8-4.

Probably would have lost another game along the way somewhere (A&M, Clemson, UVA). I get the revisionist history but our record is about right.
Naw.... we literally won the game... it was over... just knee.. but nope.. that game was a donkey punch in the gut to the team and fans.. Could of change the course of the UNC game as well, going in undefeated...

Welp 95.8% of this board said how amazing Tyler is as a QB and blamed everyone and anyone else for our failures. If who y'all believe he is shows up and corrects what's going on with him we'll have something to say about those games. He's the x(pun intended)factor in whether or not we can even compete in those games let alone win.
Do you have faith he shows up? What's up with him? It's alarming

Advertisement
Bruh certain people on here I'm willing to concede they know atleast a lil bit about foosball. U were one of those people. But by saying things like this I'm sorry but I may have to reconsider that applying to you... You tell me (since you're clearly stating poo is a playoff level team) are you not willing to admit how often they've struggled this year? How easily they have 3 or 4 losses RIGHT THIS SECOND? Is Boston college a playoff worthy team READY TO COMPETE RIGHT NOW? Is Clemson a playoff ready team? Etc etc. I get that wins are all that matters. But there's such a thing as an eye test too and I'm sorry but poo DOES NOT pass that test. They've struggled heavily all throughout the season at various moments and we're able to pull out games that the other team gave away. Maybe you feel that shows character of a team etc. Because to me I look at them and I see **** near a carbon copy of us. They don't impress me at all and win or lose that won't change my opinion of them. Would we really be that much more impressive of a team if we would've taken a knee against an inferior team(who whooped Carolina)or would we still have learned something regardless of the outcome about where we are as a squad RIGHT NOW? Does us eaking out this game against uva make us that much more impressive? Cause if it does than all these crying *** hoe *** fans should simply shut the **** up. For me as I can only speak for myself, I know exactly what this team is and I'm seeing MOST THINGS I need to see. I'm not concerned about who we are RIGHT NOW. I'm concerned about us growing together as a team now FOR OUR FUTURE. That's all I need to see. How we respond to adversity. As a team we're fighting. Part of our adversity right this second is in the form of our veteran leader. But we still ain't quitting and that's what I wanna see.

& To clarify before people waste both our time going back and forth on it. When I say I see them as a carbon copy of us and I'm impressed by things with us while nothing about them outside of grittiness catches my attention. Than context has to be applied. We're in the second year of a complete rebuild and we're a team NOTHING was expected of. No matter what this stupid *** thread is about VEGAS which is pretty accurate with setting a bar had us at either 7 or 7.5 wins depending on what book you went to. Poo on the other hand has been a top 10 team rankings wise all season and is considered a playoff worthy top 5 squad now. So to see similarities in both our games shouldn't be their bar. It should be ours. We're not a upperclassmen led team while they are. Etc etc. So while we should be encouraged by seeing us fight through adversity and come together as a team well they went through this the last two seasons. No excuse for mediocrity out of them.

I’m not saying it would suck or that 10-2 is a negative for the program. It would be the best thing to happen to it actually.

That being said, it would absolutely cast the loss to GT in an unflattering light for the school.

I’m not saying it would suck or that 10-2 is a negative for the program. It would be the best thing to happen to it actually.

That being said, it would absolutely cast the loss to GT in an unflattering light for the school.
Being real that's not exactly true. Whether we win OR lose that gt game cast an unflattering light on us. That's already happened and results from here on out don't change that view atleast for us. Them beating NC and whatever else they do can only help us with that viewpoint. But for us it won't change. The results for us right now matter far less than the optics. You look at this team and it's easily identifiable were on the right path. Crazy **** is the kids we recruit are far less frugal than our fan base.

Welp 95.8% of this board said how amazing Tyler is as a QB and blamed everyone and anyone else for our failures. If who y'all believe he is shows up and corrects what's going on with him we'll have something to say about those games. He's the x(pun intended)factor in whether or not we can even compete in those games let alone win.

Tyler had his coming out party vs NCS after giving them some bulletin board material about 'being the same team we beat last season'. He backed it up with a win.

He's been doing too much lately, but let's hope he settles down and gets his mojo back.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Being real that's not exactly true. Whether we win OR lose that gt game cast an unflattering light on us. That's already happened and results from here on out don't change that view atleast for us. Them beating NC and whatever else they do can only help us with that viewpoint. But for us it won't change. The results for us right now matter far less than the optics. You look at this team and it's easily identifiable were on the right path. Crazy **** is the kids we recruit are far less frugal than our fan base.

I agree it’s already happened and it should be water under the bridge.

I agree we’re on the right path, since the young boys are starting to take a more prominent role and making plays.

record always depends on how you win said games. If all our wins look like strugglefests like Clemson/ UVA were, its not good because the record is deceiving. If we can have quality wins against NCST and Louisville than its a great yearr given all the other struggles.

Advertisement
9-3 is absolutely a success. in true fairness, we likely are closer to a 6-7 win team in terms of on field play (we could have easily been 4-3 to this point), but I have the expectation now to finish 9-3 (L to FSU) and build into next year. fake it till you make it bc no one is gonna jump on for a 5-7 win team. you gotta rove you can win even if you dont pass the smell test

9-3 is absolutely a success. in true fairness, we likely are closer to a 6-7 win team in terms of on field play (we could have easily been 4-3 to this point), but I have the expectation now to finish 9-3 (L to FSU) and build into next year. fake it till you make it bc no one is gonna jump on for a 5-7 win team. you gotta rove you can win even if you dont pass the smell test

9-3 absolutely passes the smell test. If we finish 9-3, it would definitively put to rest (at least for me) the criticism that Cristobal is a coach who isn't capable of winning without exceptional talent. Winning games is hard. "Style" is only important to pimps, hairdressers, and the playoff committee.

Last time we had 9 wins was in 2017.

Yes. 9-3, with a chance at 10-3 in the bowl game would be a huge accomplishment. Finishing 9-3 also means we upset a really good UL or FSU team. I'll take it happily.

Last time we had 9 wins was in 2017.

Yes. 9-3, with a chance at 10-3 in the bowl game would be a huge accomplishment. Finishing 9-3 also means we upset a really good UL or FSU team. I'll take it happily.
This would be a monstrous undertaking, we’d have to have our QB play lights out like TAM game.

Like I said before the first series at NCST will tell us all how it will be the rest of the way , we’ll be as good as our QB is.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back