9-3 a Good Season?

Advertisement
The hive mind had aTm, UNC, Clemson, and FSU as losses to begin with.

Work from there.

In fall camp i would have said **** yeah and it still should be a good season where this program has been since 2005 and coming off of 5-7. But 9-3 feels very meh. Hopefully TVD can get his **** together and get wins against NC State, Louisville, and BC. However, even we get these wins, it will have felt like we didn't maximize our talent potential; again. Thoughts?
Unless you are a preseason top 10 team, in the hunt for a Natty, 9-3 is always good. Some of our fans are delusional.

First 3 year record of coaches since Coker

Shannon: 5-7, 7-6, 9-4
Golden: 6-6, 7-5, 9-4
Richt: 9-4, 10-3, 7-6 (resigned)
Diaz: 6-7, 8-3 (2 less games. 8-2 regular season), 7-5 (fired)

Advertisement
Where are those 3 wins on our remaining schedule? FSU? Louisville? NC State? Maybe BC but who knows what team shows up. Throwing picks against FSU is going to be much easier for TVD in Tally than at home to GT and UVA! I would love to see 9-3 at this point because it just seems like an impossibility with how we seem to regress on offense from A&M to now.

Of course. I think that’s pretty unlikely at this point but that would be **** good. 9 wins does wonders for our portal recruiting. If we can win the bowl game and get to double digits in the W column, I might not say anything negative about Mario all off season. Long way to go though and as of now I expect 2 more L’s.
Zero chance of that .. I will bring up the GT loss at least once a month. And that's being kind.

Advertisement
In fall camp i would have said **** yeah and it still should be a good season where this program has been since 2005 and coming off of 5-7. But 9-3 feels very meh. Hopefully TVD can get his **** together and get wins against NC State, Louisville, and BC. However, even we get these wins, it will have felt like we didn't maximize our talent potential; again. Thoughts?

This entire board fellated FSU over going 9-3 last year. All I saw were posts talking about how great of a year they had and how it set them up for the future.

So yeah, 9-3 (a missed kneel down from 10-2) would be a very good season. And its beyond hypocritical to say otherwise after the way CIS talked up 2022 FSU

9-3 is a really good season and would boost recruiting. Beating Texas AM and Clemson are still good wins as far as direction of the program even though they are unranked.
I think we would all feel good with that record going for the 10th win in the bowl game.
You would feel good with that, and I would feel good with that, but do you really think we ALL would feel good with it?

Could have been 7-1 going to NC St. Would have given breathing room to go 2-2 (probably losses to FSU and Louisville), assuming wins over NC St and BC. Bowl game win to get to 10 would have been an exceptional season.

[BGCOLOR=initial]Cristobal can still make up for the GT debacle by going 3-1. IMO, that would put us right where we would have been even with the win. Basically he's eliminated his margin for error. Now let's see if he can coach. [/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]BTW If one of those 3 wins is over FSU, I'll say it's the best season since the Coker era and Cristobal will have earned every penny of his exorbitant salary despite what looking like a less than stellar recruiting class. [/BGCOLOR]

Advertisement
This entire board fellated FSU over going 9-3 last year. All I saw were posts talking about how great of a year they had and how it set them up for the future.

So yeah, 9-3 (a missed kneel down from 10-2) would be a very good season. And its beyond hypocritical to say otherwise after the way CIS talked up 2022 FSU
I’m not saying it’s not a good season. We’ve seen many improvements all over the field. The disappointment comes from the fact this is an 11-1 team if the tvd from the tamu game showed up for all our games. I’ll take 9-3 I’ll take 8-4 he’ll I’ll take 7-5 given the last 20 years

Go canes! 15-0

Last edited:
Yes - I thought 8-4 with no embarrassing losses would be a good season. GT was embarrassing because the coach snatched defeat from the jaws of victory; but, nothing like watching Middle Tennessee getting repeated long TDs or a million turnovers against Duke. 9-3 would require beating at least one of FSU and Louisville...

9-3 would be an amazing season , but we’re not going 9-3 we’re gonna finish 6-6 this is a 6-6 team

Advertisement
Absolutely 9-3 is a good year. I thought 8-4 would have been a good season. Have a friendly wager with my buddy we will get 8 wins prior to the bowl game

Advertisement
Back