9-3 a Good Season?

In fall camp i would have said **** yeah and it still should be a good season where this program has been since 2005 and coming off of 5-7. But 9-3 feels very meh. The offense has become predictable and TVD is forcing throws as a result. Hopefully Dawson & TVD can get their **** together and get some wins against NC State, Louisville, and BC. However, even we get these wins, it will have felt like we didn't maximize our talent potential; again. Georgia Tech should have been a win, if the TVD/Dawson that showed out from the TAMU game show up from at chapel hill we are undefeated at this point and probably finish 11-. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Advertisement
What The Hell Just Happened Reaction GIF

9-3 is a really good season and would boost recruiting. Beating Texas AM and Clemson are still good wins as far as direction of the program even though they are unranked.
I think we would all feel good with that record going for the 10th win in the bowl game.

In fall camp i would have said **** yeah and it still should be a good season where this program has been since 2005 and coming off of 5-7. But 9-3 feels very meh. Hopefully TVD can get his **** together and get wins against NC State, Louisville, and BC. However, even we get these wins, it will have felt like we didn't maximize our talent potential; again. Thoughts?
Great season even if we end up 8-4 you starting to see the talent that Mario has been getting starting to get on field and what they could do Mario just need to keep stacking the talent

Advertisement
Advertisement
1 more win than last year already. Going bowling somewhere again.

If TVD heals, gets out of his own head, or corrects whatever else has been causing him to play like a **** over the past few weeks, they could even get to 10 regular season wins. You've seen most of the young players develop and in some cases, dominate. The OL and DL have gone from weaknesses to strengths. I don't know. Seems to be plenty to be optimistic about to me.

Advertisement
9 wins was what I predicted so I'd be good with that, especially in light of recent play. I'd be meh on 8. If we hit 4 losses I'll be mentally checked out.

I'd still watch the remainder of the season to stay informed.

But I guess I just don't care about the big picture stuff anymore. Can't control it anyway.

I know it all matters but I don't care about recruiting, perception or narratives. In season I just want all the wins. 8-4 gets you a basic *** bowl game that we're notorious for blowing anyway. I personally don't see that as progress, or care if it actually is.

As crazy & frustrating as the last 2 games have been, they've also been the most rewarding for me as an emotionally invested fan. To see the team fight through so much (often self-inflicted)
adversity & emerge victorious is somehow more rewarding than a blowout vs a team that was never really in it (Temple & Bethune).

It gives me confidence that, if the qb situation can work itself out, we can beat anyone left on our schedule. Hope. And to see that hope realized is all I care about in season. I'll worry about the other stuff in the off-season.

Last edited:
Is there a such thing as a disappointing good season ?

That's what 9-3 would be.

Unless one of those wins is FSU.

Idc. If we beat FSU and derail their cfp hopes, that's a successful season right there.

Advertisement
I have a hard time seeing us beat one of Louisville or fspoo. I think we can beat nc state but not how we played against Virginia. Heck we’d lose to bc if we bring our Virginia game level of play. Especially on the road in Boston after thanksgiving. It’ll be cold

9-3 regular season with a bowl win (10-3) and a knee/bs fumble away from 11-2 is a massive upgrade from last season. Anyone calling for 10–3 before the season was called out. This team definitely felt like they could have done more early on, but not thinking 9-10 wins is a successful season would be insanity.

Advertisement
Back