Denzel Perryman DESERVES to be drafted in the first round

Shiiiittttt, Im hoping GB takes him in the first rd. He would be a got **** monster in our defense with Peppers and Matthews.

Advertisement
The game was a little different when Zach Thomas played.

And height, or length rather, becomes an issue in pass coverage.

I love him but I don't think Perryman is anything more than a 2-down thumper.

I think Perryman will look a lot better in coverage if he loses weight. His length will still be a problem but he will move better.

Several plugged-in people believe Green Bay is an option in Round 1.

Advertisement
I think Perryman will look a lot better in coverage if he loses weight. His length will still be a problem but he will move better.

Several plugged-in people believe Green Bay is an option in Round 1.

Alonso Highsmith loves picking up former Miami players on sale thanks to Al Golden and Randy Shannon, Green Bay has landed a few over the last years.

Go Canes

Coach M, Denzel says thump this, I can play coach!

[video=youtube;7tdIrCNR1Ec]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tdIrCNR1Ec[/video]

Coach M, Denzel says oh you think I am just a thumper I will show you a thumping!

[video=youtube;8NZbhgf33sg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NZbhgf33sg[/video]

Would love to see him in GB! Would be a great pick for them in the 1st. Let's see how much pull Highsmith has

Advertisement
He isn't tall enough and has an injury history.

What injury history? Guy may not be a 1st rounder but he's still going to be a really good pro LB. I remember him hurting an ankle once, that's about it on the injury front.

He is going to play in the NFL for a LONG time. Can't teach what he has...

Perryman arrived about 20 years too late. His 'skillset' is almost obsolete in the contemporary NFL.

If you want to see what a 1st round LB is these days watch Eric Kendricks.

Huge fan of Kendricks - especially as a complement to the Dolphins' front 4. Teams are going to try to counter that brutal front with the short and intermediate passing game. The type of passing game you destroy with LBs like Jenkins and Kendricks. If the Dolphins move back from #14 , he'd be my likely target.

Advertisement
boy oh boy are you idiots gonna be proven wrong. kid is going to be a SUPERSTAR. Denzel Perryman. Sounds like a 15 year, all-pro, hall of fame name to me.

Huge fan of Kendricks - especially as a complement to the Dolphins' front 4. Teams are going to try to counter that brutal front with the short and intermediate passing game. The type of passing game you destroy with LBs like Jenkins and Kendricks. If the Dolphins move back from #14 , he'd be my likely target.

I think there's more than a decent chance he drops to the 2nd round, possibly because of medical concerns or the standard "too small" that cost Lavonte David.

I read a report that Green Bay is fixated on Perryman with their 1st round pick. I'd love to be proven wrong and I wish him a great career. The GB scouting staff is one of the best but they have missed on 1st round defensive players (Justin Harrell, Nick Perry).

If I were a GM and needed a Perryman type I'd wait until the later rounds to draft an old friend of this board: Jeff Luc.

boy oh boy are you idiots gonna be proven wrong. kid is going to be a SUPERSTAR. Denzel Perryman. Sounds like a 15 year, all-pro, hall of fame name to me.

Yeah!
Ray Lewis is Denzel Perryman's floor as an NFL player.

Advertisement
Yall forget this man stood out in a defense that was nearly impossible to make impact plays in it seemed.... Think about what he will do with a better defense around him and more and most importantly NFL coaches.... Will be considered one of the best linebackers soon in the league....

So he's basically Zach Thomas?

College career
Thomas attended Texas Tech University, where he was a three-year starter at linebacker for the Texas Tech Red Raiders football team. As a junior in 1994, he was a first-team All-American. As a senior in 1995, he was a unanimous first-team All-American, the Southwest Conference Defensive Player of the Year, and a finalist for the Butkus Award. Thomas is one of 5 Red Raiders to be named a Unanimous All-American along with Mark Bounds, Byron Hanspard, Michael Crabtree, and Jace Amaro.[2] He recorded 390 tackles, including a career-high 131 tackles and a school-record 20 tackles against Missouri in his senior season. During the 1995 game against Texas A&M, Thomas returned an interception to gain a 14–7 win for Tech.[3] Thomas and his brother Bart were the only pair of brothers to be named first-team All-Southwest Conference selections in the same year.

Thomas was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2015.[4]

College awards and honors
Second-team Houston Chronicle All-SWC (1993)
Second-team Houston Post All-SWC (1993)
First-team UPI All-American (1994)
Second-team Football News All-American (1994)
Second-team Sporting News All-American (1994)
2× SWC Defensive Player of the Year (1994, 1995)
Unanimous first-team All-American (1995)
First-team All-SWC (1995)
College Football Hall of Fame

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back