Amir Rasual 247 Update "Special Delivery for Coaches'

Golden Era

i mean Richt Era
http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Miami-Coaches-Get-Special-Delivery-from-Amir-Rasul-36157173

- “I talked to Coach Baez and told him I’m solid as a die hard Cane,” Rasul said. “I knew he had been worried about it. He asked me on Twitter ‘I saw what you told some reporters, what’s up?’ I told him how I talked things over with my family and we researched some things. I saw what they have in store and it fits me.”
- “All these offers made it really tough but I’m a hard commit,” Rasul said. “I really admire the way Miami recruited me. I guess before I committed, they was on my trail a lot and some other schools didn’t even know who I was. Everyone thought I was a good athlete but I didn’t have the film to go with the word. I think that opened their eyes to why wouldn’t they offer someone with world class speed?”
- “I’m going to be honest, I loved Miami since I was a little kid,” Rasul said. “I saw Frank Gore, Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, and Alonzo Highsmith just to name some running backs. It means so much to have an offer and be committed to a school a block away. I really believe in everything they’re about to do and what Coach Coley has installed in the offense. I feel like they have what I’m looking for.”

Advertisement
Well, this is really welcomed news. I know some believe he has work to do as a RB, and I agree, but this kid has stuff you can't teach.

Sounds Good but after all that other stuff he has said. its hard to take him seriously honestly. he knows the history of the game so mentioning our RBs dont do much leverage for me. i hope he stick because he is my one favs but im not going to be too invested in him.

Advertisement
NOW that's what I'm talking about....!!! Way to go Kid... Can't wait to see you on Saturdays sporting the Orange and Green!

that article...probably boosted us up about 50% for him.

He is a kid you have to recruit, re -recruit, and recertify periodically. We have to still win and show improvement to land him.

Glad Coach Baez reached out to him. Got to keep guys like him in Miami....shows that we are still foreal.

As bad as we've been, Duke Johnson is about to get drafted in the top 3 rounds as a junior.Mike James is about to be in his 3rd season in nfl. Mike James signed a : Signed a four-year, $2,263,152 contract. He is set to make 585,000 if he makes the team this year. If im a rb and i see that im all in. If im UM i sell him on that...he obviously has knowledge of our history...keep selling it.

Advertisement
the kid said it himself, he's a block away from UM. This staff has no excuse whatsover to be on this kid as much as possible. It shouldn't have come down to baez messaging him on twitter, they shouldve sent someone directly to gables to see what's up with his commitment.

with that being said, im happy about these comments by him & and his current commitment status. im curious as to what specifically changed his mind

So is it safe to actually consider him as a part of SWAG16 now? Not sure if I believe all this sudden change of heart

Advertisement
[video=youtube_share;cTw6SHTj1Lg]http://youtu.be/cTw6SHTj1Lg[/video]

This kid knows more football history, specifically RB, than I bet most adults do who lived through those years. Gale Sayers reference? Wow.

the kid said it himself, he's a block away from UM. This staff has no excuse whatsover to be on this kid as much as possible. It shouldn't have come down to baez messaging him on twitter, they shouldve sent someone directly to gables to see what's up with his commitment.

with that being said, im happy about these comments by him & and his current commitment status. im curious as to what specifically changed his mind

U realize Miami still has restrictions on their recruiting....AND why not Baez? Better to send Golden??
And most kids would RATHER communicate thru text or tweet these days.
It worked.....for now.

Advertisement
Good job Coach Baez! Tell the Temple guys its ok to stalk a high schooler for the University of Miami and btw its called recruiting.

All comes down to winning games and giving a reason for the local kids to stay with Miami

If we win, they will come...and they will come in droves beating down the door. That's all we have to do, these kids (most of them) would rather stay home and eat mama's cookin' and have their little brothers and cousins come watch them. All we have to do is win.

Advertisement
Back