Shaq addresses fan negativity

Advertisement
Can someone or maybe shaqs dad summarize this for us without the subscription.

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/LB-Shaquille-Quarterman-Addresses-Fan-Negativity-35849673

- About hearing negativity; “I hear it, people always have something to say about Miami,” Quarterman said. “It really doesn’t matter to me what the fans think because they’re not in the coach’s offices. They don’t make the gameplan, they watch and complain about what’s happening. They’re entitled to their opinion but it’s usually negative when things aren’t going right. I bet when it turns back around this season, they’ll be happy enough not to say the same stuff. You won’t be hearing all that ‘Fire Al Golden’ talk.”
- View of program; “It’s still the same to me, they had some coaching changes but not at my position,” Quarterman said. “They keep talking about our great class and how this will be a great year moving towards that. Being a middle linebacker, they expect me to be the general of the defense and the voice to go with it. After watching my film, they feel I’m really a perfect fit for that position and I would represent well.”
- On other LB commits; “I’ve talked to those guys and we’re all excited about what our position could be,” Quarterman said. “They’re good guys and good football players. But you know how the recruiting process goes, coaches usually offer more than they can take just in case anybody decommits. We’ll see but I don’t expect them to stop going after linebackers.”
- On 2016 class; “I feel like our 2016 group is a big class and a big part of Miami coming back,”

Intelligent and level-headed responses. Credit to you, UKnowWhat. Well done with your son.

Advertisement
Everything to this point leads me to believe he's an intelligent kid and assuming he EEs then l I believe Shaq's career path is as follows: immediately see's the field frosh year, team leader and leading tackler sophomore year, team captain and accolade-worthy season junior year followed by entry to NFL draft with a chance to be an early round selection. Kid is a monster and I'm praying he has a healthy football career. Can't wait to see him rep the orange and green in the league.

Everything to this point leads me to believe he's an intelligent kid and assuming he EEs then l I believe Shaq's career path is as follows: immediately see's the field frosh year, team leader and leading tackler sophomore year, team captain and accolade-worthy season junior year followed by entry to NFL draft with a chance to be an early round selection. Kid is a monster and I'm praying he has a healthy football career. Can't wait to see him rep the orange and green in the league.

Canton bound.

yea we need more guys to get ****ed off that's what Miami been missing is that attitude that chip on there shoulders, hopefully this kid brings some of that to the team.

Advertisement
Can someone or maybe shaqs dad summarize this for us without the subscription.

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/LB-Shaquille-Quarterman-Addresses-Fan-Negativity-35849673

I use to try and filter for him when he first started taking interviews, but here lately
I hear his commits after the fact...He's growing up... As a parent I sometimes play the devils
advocate to force him into understanding... He OFTEN accuses me of hating on Miami and the coaching
when I'm not... What I'm doin is making him think, analyze and make educated choices. He is fully confident
that the staff knows alot more about football than me in which I agreed...but I let him know that
I know alot more about you than the staff and he agreed... All of that to say this.. I asked what if the (HS)coach
have you do something that you feel is wrong. His reply was I will do it.. because he is the coach.. I would tell
him what I think would work better, but if he decides that we do it his way, I do it his way... If everybody did it
their own way then things would be even worse than his bad way... (I think we were talking about one of his team mates Spilling)

IF YOU DONT LOVE SHAQ -- YOU SUPPORT TERRORISM.

I REALLY LIKE THIS KID'S MINDSET. REFRESHING AS F!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Really like this kid and 99% of what he said. I hope he becomes more like Mark Walton about us fans though.

"It's time for the University of Miami to be back. Let's bring more energy. Let's start winning, get all the negativity out, make our fans happy. Do it the right way, win."
Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2015/01/booker-t-washington-star-running-back-mark-walton-looking-forward-to-becoming-a-hurricane.html#storylink=

You and I both know that's not going to happen with the fan base until something drastic changes. We either need a new staff after the season or Golden has taken us to the playoff and has finally figured out this coaching thing.

Really like this kid and 99% of what he said. I hope he becomes more like Mark Walton about us fans though.

"It's time for the University of Miami to be back. Let's bring more energy. Let's start winning, get all the negativity out, make our fans happy. Do it the right way, win."
Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2015/01/booker-t-washington-star-running-back-mark-walton-looking-forward-to-becoming-a-hurricane.html#storylink=

You and I both know that's not going to happen with the fan base until something drastic changes. We either need a new staff after the season or Golden has taken us to the playoff and has finally figured out this coaching thing.

that sad part is the stuff he is saying is what Golden should be saying but is too scared to say because he doesn't want everyone expectations to be high. instead of "Canceling the noise" Golden should be saying our fans deserve better and they deserve to be happy. If there were no fans, they would not be playing football. we are the customers you have the product. if the customers not happy then its going to be bad.

Shaq don't pay attention to us we're never gonna be 100% happy. Just do what you do homie don't sweat the rest.

For Gods sake keep him away from this site. There is a thread going on the football board where some "fans" actually would rather see us go 5-8 then 11-2 next year because they hate Golden that much. 5-8!! Smh. If im a recruit and saw that I would really be scratching my head as to what kind of fan base is this?

Advertisement
Back