QB Francois Decommits from FSU!?!

Advertisement
Weinkes IMG to fsu train is about to be shady for the next few years. Messed up part about it is that I don't know if anything will be done. See Armwood to UF pipeline.
about? it already started. lots of stuff just with Francois, stuff that francois didn't even know was going on and ****ed him off when he found out. He started looking around and took the uf visit even though fsu staff asked to not make the visit.
This is very telling hmmm

@RagjUF: "he does not speak for the program" is what Weinke told me RT @Austin_Reier: @RagjUF what happened to the OL coach that confirmed?

i am such a ****** when it comes to twitter. Do you mind explaining what is going on there?

Apparently the oline coach at IMG confirmed that Francois did decommit from fsu and weinkle told the reporter that the oline coach does not speak for the program.

Yea Weinke is pushing him toward FSU, you can figure out why. He wasn't hacked. UF coaches visited him today and he was ready to pull the trigger, which he did. But he apparently didn't tell Weinke who lost his **** when FSU coaches contacted him wondering what was going on. This is all damage control.

Weinkes IMG to fsu train is about to be shady for the next few years. Messed up part about it is that I don't know if anything will be done. See Armwood to UF pipeline.
about? it already started. lots of stuff just with Francois, stuff that francois didn't even know was going on and ****ed him off when he found out. He started looking around and took the uf visit even though fsu staff asked to not make the visit.

@RagjUF: "he does not speak for the program" is what Weinke told me RT @Austin_Reier: @RagjUF what happened to the OL coach that confirmed?

i am such a ****** when it comes to twitter. Do you mind explaining what is going on there?

Apparently the oline coach at IMG confirmed that Francois did decommit from fsu and weinkle told the reporter that the oline coach does not speak for the program.
yep, weinke is trying to dictate what this kid does and he doesnt like it. I guess we will see if he grows a pair and tells him to **** off. Might happen on NSD so weinke cant do **** then.

yep, weinke is trying to dictate what this kid does and he doesnt like it. I guess we will see if he grows a pair and tells him to **** off. Might happen on NSD so weinke cant do **** then.

And I remember a poster giving me s*** last week when I said IMG was primed to become a blatantly obvious FSU pipeline.

I don't care either way where Francois ends up, but I hope for his sake he doesn't allow his agenda-driven HS coach to dictate his future. Weinke's gonna be fluffing Malik Henry for the next 12 months and doesn't give a s*** about this kid.

Advertisement
the situation is really ****ed up, and I am not trying to be a homer here because I would feel bad for this kid no matter what schools he was looking at.

when coaches (from every program not named fsu) would go to IMG to see Francois weinke would tell the coaches that he was either taking a test or left early and wasn't available. This was not at the direction of francois, he would have met with the coaches, and in fact francois did not know this was going on. He eventually found out and felt the fsu was involved with weinke. He asked them but they denied it. He didn't believe them (not sure if he does now or not), so decided to make a visit to a school that the fsu coaches specifically asked him not to (uf). he told this story among some other things he felt he was being lied to about to his hosts in gville.

judging by the interaction between weinke/ol coach it appears the relationship is still ****ed up.

the cog in the system for francois is that the mom doesn't seem to care or really understand that weinke undermined her son and is still telling him to honor his commitment.

so to your point, 01, your suspicions are absolutely correct. Weinke is a ******* dirtbag and is going to be a problem for any schools recruiting a kid at IMG that FSU also wants.

Yea that's insane. I have heard of and know of coaches that push kids to certain schools, but I've never heard of a situation where a coach blatantly tries to keep other schools from recruiting to or speaking to a kid. That's just completely irresponsible. What if FSU were to drop this kid around signing day? What would his options be then? At the very minimum you as a coach owe it to a recruit to make sure they're aware of all their options.

so to your point, 01, your suspicions are absolutely correct. Weinke is a ****ing dirtbag and is going to be a problem for any schools recruiting a kid at IMG that FSU also wants.

Yup. Believe it or not, some posters here were talking about IMG potentially becoming a pipeline for Miami because we pulled someone who was always going to come here no matter what (Patchan), a player with a grand total of 3 offers (Fines), and a legitimate stud who supposedly wasn't a take for UF when he announced his commitment (St. Louis) because Muschamp was a f***ing idiot. S*** was nutty.

That lengthy Shavar Manuel troll thread is a waste of time for a Miami board. It would certainly be a worthwhile thread to have on an FSU board, though, because there's no chance in **** he's coming here. Golden's the main reason why, but Weinke will make sure of it.

Advertisement
Yea that's insane. I have heard of and know of coaches that push kids to certain schools, but I've never heard of a situation where a coach blatantly tries to keep other schools from recruiting to or speaking to a kid. That's just completely irresponsible. What if FSU were to drop this kid around signing day? What would his options be then? At the very minimum you as a coach owe it to a recruit to make sure they're aware of all their options.
coaches absolutely do push kids to schools, right or wrong...but the "push" is a lot more light hearted than the word push would suggest. The HC might talk up a school more, might say he trusts the coaches at school A more, that he is a better fit at school A, etc..I've never seen a coach completely undermine a kid the way weinke has done with Francois. The fact he goes this far I have a very hard time believing this is an isolated case. This is what Weinke does and will do if it is a kid that FSU deems a priority.

image.jpg

well just a random hack on twitter wouldn't be stressful. Clearly the kid is in a ****** situation right now.

Advertisement
coaches absolutely do push kids to schools, right or wrong...but the "push" is a lot more light hearted than the word push would suggest. The HC might talk up a school more, might say he trusts the coaches at school A more, that he is a better fit at school A, etc..I've never seen a coach completely undermine a kid the way weinke has done with Francois. The fact he goes this far I have a very hard time believing this is an isolated case. This is what Weinke does and will do if it is a kid that FSU deems a priority.

Arrmwood and Serra send their big name kids only to UF and USC...

Advertisement

Arrmwood and Serra send their big name kids only to UF and USC...

true, but i am not sure the HC are undermining kids during their recruitment like what Weinke is doing. They might be, I don't know, but I have not heard of it happening.

No doubt. I really wish coaches wold stay out of it altogether, but since I know they won't I don't have much issue with a coach pushing a kid toward a certain school, **** we have and still do benefit from it from a few schools. I know Callahan's dad is trying to still push Cowart to UF. I hate when coaches do it, even when it benefits us, but that's understandable. This situation right here though, that's a whole other level. Taking fan loyalties out of it its just irresponsible as ****. Schools drop kids last minute all the time. For that reason alone you should keep lines of communication open. Particularly if a kid does want to explore other options, which apparently Francois has been wanting to do for a while.

Francois was supposedly told by FSU that he would be the only QB as the Johnson kid was coming as WR, same with Locksley. He wasn't pleased to learn he was in a 3-man QB class but really didn't know his options because of Weinke. It's pathetic and a complete disservice to the kid. Some are saying that Weinke is possibly going to be FSU's QB coach in the next year or two. If that happens, I guess you know the motive. **** what's best for the kid, let me send him to a school that has 2 other QB's in his class. Way to look out for your players Weinke.

Advertisement
Back