Just watched Adriene Talan

Wait so this kid, who is so good, is being missed by FSU, UF MIA and all the SEC (ARKY don't count)... Something smells wrong...!

Happens all the time.

He's a kid who played at a "under the radar" high school from 9th to 11th grade. He's never been to any camps except Miami. He's not highly ranked. The FSU's and UF's don't normally recruit kids like that. There's plenty of FLA kids going to the NFL that the Big-3 ignored.

FWIW...

TCU loves him and they'd beat the **** out of every school in Florida.

You guys always let this "Big-3" crap help sway your judgement on a recruit. Those schools miss plenty of kids. Talan is the kind of kid that FSU/UF miss on but Miami signs and sends to the NFL. Your stereotypical backyard stud.

Has TCU even offered him yet? If they did I missed it on 24/7. The crystal ball has him to Nebraska. It seems like no major schools have touched him really other than Nebraska, Iowa, Oregon State, and Cincy if you count them. He's also decommitted from two schools already (although one being Temple after getting a bigger offer). Are there any possible grade issues with him or was he just looking for greener grass at another program?

TCU offered a long time ago.

No grade issues. No character issues.

He backed away from Temple because he jumped the gun on them in the first place. It was his first offer and he got excited. He decommitted from Oregon State because their coach left and went to Nebraska.

He's just a young kid that's caught up in the recruiting process. He's not looking for greener grass. He wasn't even intrigued by the TCU offer until now.

Advertisement
Thing with Talan is...

He's an extremely freakish athlete. He's 6'1" 200+ pounds. Fast enough to play Corner, rangy enough to play Safety and enough led in his pencil to play Linebacker.

Show me another prospect like that. I'll wait.

I don't give a **** what his frame is. You sign that kid and you find him a spot. That's what true evaluaters do.

If he doesn't put on enough weight to play in your slow *** 2-gap defense then so what. You've got yourself a 6'1" 215lb Safety who runs a 4.4-4.5 and hits harder than all your Linebackers.

FYI - Scout.com is reporting a new 2016 offer to a Flanagan kid named Devin Gil.

Just thought I'd mention it here.

Advertisement
FYI - Scout.com is reporting a new 2016 offer to a Flanagan kid named Devin Gil.

Plays safety. 6'1" 205

It just made me wonder why our coaching staff was offering a 2016 kid during the stretch run of the 2015 class at a school where we are missing on a talent like Adrienne Talon.

FWIW no knock on Gil as I have not watched much on him but he has a Temple offer...

Still bugs me we have not extended out to a talent like Talan but choose to go out of state.

Plays safety. 6'1" 205

It just made me wonder why our coaching staff was offering a 2016 kid during the stretch run of the 2015 class at a school where we are missing on a talent like Adrienne Talon.

FWIW no knock on Gil as I have not watched much on him but he has a Temple offer...

Still bugs me we have not extended out to a talent like Talan but choose to go out of state.

Been campaigning since last spring for this kid to get an offer, has a natural nose for the ball, you can't teach that.

What bothers me is that we're going out of state for guys like Brightwell and Barry. Good players, but Talan is another level of twitch and play speed.

He's a mini-Ryan Shazier.

Best offers are from Nebraska, Oregon State, and TCU.
How does a talent like this go unnoticed by so many teams tho?

Gary Patterson has been the best defensive mind in college football over the past 10 to 15 years. I'll trust his evaluation over that of the lumps of **** occupying our HC and DC's offices.

Thing with Talan is...

He's an extremely freakish athlete. He's 6'1" 200+ pounds. Fast enough to play Corner, rangy enough to play Safety and enough led in his pencil to play Linebacker.

I don't give a **** what his frame is. You sign that kid and you find him a spot. That's what true evaluaters do.

If he doesn't put on enough weight to play in your slow *** 2-gap defense then so what. You've got yourself a 6'1" 215lb Safety who runs a 4.4-4.5 and hits harder than all your Linebackers.

Butch Davis would be frothing at the mouth over this dude. Butch loved the freak athletes whose bodies hadn't developed fully yet. He was the master of projecting them from scrawny HS kids with no nutrition and weight program to monsters in college.

Advertisement
Thing with Talan is...

I saw Darrion Owens drive Laremy Tunsil SEC Freshmen All American two yards of the LOS shed the block decleatel the running back sending him to the sideline for two series but you want me to believe that this kid hits harder... I'm gonna let you wait

Thing with Talan is...

Sounds like Grace

Thing with Talan is...

I saw Darrion Owens drive Laremy Tunsil SEC Freshmen All American two yards of the LOS shed the block decleatel the running back sending him to the sideline for two series but you want me to believe that this kid hits harder... I'm gonna let you wait

LOL. Dude, go watch the kid's Sophomore, Junior and Senior tape and tell me you've seen a harder hitter.

You took my comment too literal anyways. Who gives a **** if he hits harder than Darrion Owens or not? SMH

Advertisement
Thing with Talan is...

Butch Davis would be frothing at the mouth over this dude. Butch loved the freak athletes whose bodies hadn't developed fully yet. He was the master of projecting them from scrawny HS kids with no nutrition and weight program to monsters in college.

So true! Butch even said he prefers a Florida kid over a Texas kid because many of them come from programs with development programs that have almost maxed their potential. While Florida kids can be developed in your program and be far better players.

Thing with Talan is...

So true! Butch even said he prefers a Florida kid over a Texas kid because many of them come from programs with development programs that have almost maxed their potential. While Florida kids can be developed in your program and be far better players.

Exactly.

With Talan, his technique is pretty well polished. Both schools he attended coached him well. However, he hasn't always had the best home life and his nutrition is probably lacking. I can't wait to see what he looks like after a couple years under a D-1 S&C program.

220+ pound heat seeking missile.

Now that Brightwell committed to Pitt, not a done deal for flipping Berry from Kstate, and the known fact that we need at least 1 and preferably 2 LB in this class, does anyone else think we actually try to make a late push for Talan?

Just wishful thinking that this would even happen but even if it did anyone think it would be enough time? Would need to come for an OV this coming weekend and all that stuff? Thoughts..

Advertisement
Golden has boxed himself into a corner once again coming up short in numbers at critical depth positions. Randy was able to have his punter play WR when he recruited 1 WR over a two year period. Maybe we can have Goudis or Gray Crow take reps at LB.

The staff should be working the phones hard to get a couple LB prospects in here for next weekend. Our special teams were abysmal and we need help there right away.

Golden has boxed himself into a corner once again coming up short in numbers at critical depth positions. Randy was able to have his punter play WR when he recruited 1 WR over a two year period. Maybe we can have Goudis or Gray Crow take reps at LB.

The staff should be working the phones hard to get a couple LB prospects in here for next weekend. Our special teams were abysmal and we need help there right away.

Coker moved his punter(Brian Monroe) to WR because he poorly recruited that position. Randy was bad with the CBs which prompted AG's arrogant *** to say something about how is it possible to have so few corners at Miami.

Now 4 years later we're thin at LB and if an out of state player doesn't commit to us it appears we'll have only 6 CBs on the roster next season. Both CB commits would be from OOS. They appear to be good players but it is pathetic we have to wait for Lewis to make a decision to avoid complete disaster.

Advertisement
Back