80 scholarship players...

561Cane

All ACC
Premium
Waiting on Chatman and another transfer or two...btw, landing Willis is huge. No expected this addition.

Strength of this class is in the trenches...like it

Advertisement
I love the Willis transfer as well kid is a straight up goon and we need an infusion of that for sure. Regardless of who our next coach is they will inherit some talent top to bottom especially if we can keep most of the current 16' kids. Even if its not Butch but Cristobal or Schiano instead we can rest easy knowing either will have us back to a Miami 4-3, 1 gap, man to man attacking D.

Waiting on Chatman and another transfer or two...btw, landing Willis is huge. No expected this addition.

Its going to take about 3 years for fans to realize how good the O line class is this year. Sooner if they choose to use Norton on the O line (which I hope they don't. I want him on the D line)

Its going to take about 3 years for fans to realize how good the O line class is this year. Sooner if they choose to use Norton on the O line (which I hope they don't. I want him on the D line)

If Willis can manage to stay out of trouble, there is a lot more flexibility on where to use Norton. Willis, Moten, Jenkins, McIntosh, there is some decent talent there. We should also be going hard after Dee Liner. If by some miracle we can snag him, then Norton should move to OL, because we would have some serious beef at DT.

Im also banking that the next staff will move back to more of a 4-3, or a flex, but at a minimum not have our DT's playing the crap they play now.

Advertisement
By my count, we are at 83 now with Willis, Shariffs, and Vogel now getting a full ride. Room for one more. Hopefully it's Chatman.

By my count, we are at 83 now with Willis, Shariffs, and Vogel now getting a full ride. Room for one more. Hopefully it's Chatman.

It's actually 84, which means we will lose five or six through attrition to get down to Al's projected 78-79 scholarship players this year.

QUARTERBACKS (4)
B.Kaaya
M.Rosier
E.Sherriffs
G.Crow

RUNNINGBACKS (5)
J.Yearby
M.Walton
G.Edwards
T.Gray
W.Tucker

WIDE RECEIVERS (10)
S.Coley
R.Scott
H.Waters
B.Berrios
M.Lewis
L.Cager
D.Langham
T.Brady
D.Jones
G.Kidd

TIGHT ENDS (5)
S.Dobard
J.Washington
C.Herndon
D.Njoku
J.O'Donnell

OLINEMAN (17)
K.McDermott
T.Darling
N.Linder
D.Isidora
T.Gadbois
J.Jones
A.Gall
B.Milo
T.St. Louis
H.Knighton
S.Odogwu
H.Wells
J.Brown
H.Mahoney
T.Gauthier
B.Loftus
T.Grimsley

DEFENSIVE ENDS (7)
A.Muhammad
C.Thomas
U.Kamalu
G.Willis III
D.Jackson
J.Hamilton
S.Patchan

PASS RUSHERS (3)
T.McCord
T.Harris
M.Smith

DEFENSIVE TACKLES (9)
C.Heurtelou
M.Wyche
A.Moten
C.Jenkins
K.Norton
E.Moore
C.King
R.McIntosh
R.Fines

LINEBACKERS (9)
J.Grace
R.Kirby
D.Owens
J.Young
T.McCray
M.Gayot
C.Perry
J.Gordinier
J.King

CORNERBACKS (7)
A.Burns
T.Howard
A.Crawford
C.Elder
M.Jackson
S.Redwine
R.Mayes

SAFETIES (6)
D.Bush
R.Jenkins
J.Carter
J.Johnson
D.Crawford
R.Knowles

KICKER/PUNTER (2)
M.Goudis
J.Vogel

Lol at this. Let them step on campus before you crown them as being "good".

Al Golden said during his interview this morning with WQAM's Jose Rose he wants UM to be at 12-15 Olinemen:
Hunter Wells will be encouraged to transfer
H.Knighton doesn't count he for all intents an purposes a walking medical scholarship

On the dline I could see
Corey King will be encouraged to transfer

I think at TE J.O'Donnell could be a roster management causality as well.

So that is 4 reclaimed spots right there dropping the total roster count to 80. An if Jelani Hamilton and Earl Moore can stay on schedule to graduate this summer then they should be safe from the roster management cuts.

An hopefully Miami can bring in bama transfer Dee Liner as a Blue Shirt transfer this summer, since he was already recruited by Miami he knows everything.

Article on Blue Shirting Transfers
http://www.athleticscholarships.net/2012/07/26/ncaa-rules-help-penn-state.htm

ESPN Article on Blue Shirting
http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/story?id=10431213

Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Every time he speaks of the D line he never talks about Cory king anymore who will be a fifth year senior that should be one. I fully expect 5th year senior Garrett Kidd to be another one. I'm Really surprised Dmauri Jones hasn't transferred yet.

Advertisement
An hopefully Miami can bring in bama transfer Dee Liner as a Blue Shirt transfer this summer, since he was already recruited by Miami he knows everything.

Article on Blue Shirting Transfers
http://www.athleticscholarships.net/2012/07/26/ncaa-rules-help-penn-state.htm

ESPN Article on Blue Shirting
http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/story?id=10431213

Go Canes

No way he pays his own way.

Read the fine print about boue shirting, the kid can be put on scholarship at the start of summer practice, the only thing is he doesn't have a guaranteed scholarship.

Go Canes

Grimsley does not have a scholarship. He may get one if Wells leaves but that's a hypothetical at this time.

It's actually 84, which means we will lose five or six through attrition to get down to Al's projected 78-79 scholarship players this year.

QUARTERBACKS (4)
B.Kaaya
M.Rosier
E.Sherriffs
G.Crow

RUNNINGBACKS (5)
J.Yearby
M.Walton
G.Edwards
T.Gray
W.Tucker

WIDE RECEIVERS (10)