8/1/26

That makes total sense now. I was wondering why Miami didn't recruit Yodelkis.

I tagged Jonathan in Goeke stuff, and he followed Goeke back.
Jonathan has watched Goeke pitch full games in back to back tournaments now (Hoover and Auburndale). He’s been on Sid from the beginning. Great kid, originally from Iowa. Great family, great character kid.
 
Jonathan has watched Goeke pitch full games in back to back tournaments now (Hoover and Auburndale). He’s been in Sid from the beginning. Great kid, originally from Iowa. Great family, great character kid.
I like our chances then; the kid followed me and our Instagram instantly.
 
lol... there's also several kids on that Matter team that look like gatorade aint the only "juice" they drinking...
barry bonds baseball GIF by South Park
 
We have the same opinion on Mesa. He has the potential to be ranked that high. But he hasn’t done enough on the HS circuit locally in my opinion to warrant that ranking.

You can ask @Canesfreak about Cabrera. His family was in full Miami gear when they saw him.

You also have a better idea than me because you are actually at these games. I’m watching them on a screen.

Pitching wise, there’s some options but my best guess is they will target. LHP Jessie Feast and RHP Caleb Paul from Chaminade, I believe Paul is step brothers or cousins with the Moten family. I don’t think both are front line guys, but just options that I can see us taking
This is true. I went to the St. John Paul v. Kings Academy game in Boca when they played in districts. I was actually on the SJP side because I know the coaches (even though my son will likely end up at Kings and a former Cane is their HC). Anyway, there was a guy decked out in all Canes gear along the fence and I went over and started BSing with him. Turns out it was Cabrera’s uncle and he said the whole family is all Canes fans. Btw - Cabrera was the best player on the field for either team.
 
We are 23 days away from the start of the 2028 recruiting class. I want to highlight some guys I know we will be calling on 8/1.

Bryan Mesa, INF - Mater Academy


Caleb Hernandez INF - Doral Academy


Alec Cabrera INF - The Kings Academy

Has it been discussed the potential impact of the Score Act for baseball since I believe it would start/be in effect for the 2028 class?
 
I still don’t know what it means. That’s why I am asking. Not sure who it will benefit the most.
Just briefly read up on it, sounds like a whole bunch of nothing. Most of it seems to already exist. NIL will still be king.

The bigger impact ruling would be the HS kids having to spend 1 year in college. But we better get our baseball NIL in order if/when that passes, cuz all these top kids that give UM a hometown honorary commitment would start going to highest bidders with guaranteed starting spots and best programs to get them to pros.
 
Just briefly read up on it, sounds like a whole bunch of nothing. Most of it seems to already exist. NIL will still be king.

The bigger impact ruling would be the HS kids having to spend 1 year in college. But we better get our baseball NIL in order if/when that passes, cuz all these top kids that give UM a hometown honorary commitment would start going to highest bidders with guaranteed starting spots and best programs to get them to pros.
I'm no lawyer, but I don't interpret it that way. It would create a federal standard for NIL contracts to, supposedly, protect athletes and can void deals or prohibit booster-led collectives, if it's determined to be pay-for-play (which, of course, they all are already).

So, who makes that determination? My money's on the NCAA, because it's a federal law and enforcement goes back to the schools and the NCAA. I'd be amazed if we weren't disadvantaged significantly, seeing as we were one of the first to take advantage of NIL in football and had dotted our i's and crossed our t's to be in compliance w the FL and contract law. And does anyone think the NCAA enforcement division will ever treat us fairly.

And all you really had to know was that it's our 15% approval rating Congress doing it, so, what could possibly go wrong? The good news is that it will probably be tied up in the courts for years, even if it became law.
 
I'm no lawyer, but I don't interpret it that way. It would create a federal standard for NIL contracts to, supposedly, protect athletes and can void deals or prohibit booster-led collectives, if it's determined to be pay-for-play (which, of course, they all are already).

So, who makes that determination? My money's on the NCAA, because it's a federal law and enforcement goes back to the schools and the NCAA. I'd be amazed if we weren't disadvantaged significantly, seeing as we were one of the first to take advantage of NIL in football and had dotted our i's and crossed our t's to be in compliance w the FL and contract law. And does anyone think the NCAA enforcement division will ever treat us fairly.

And all you really had to know was that it's our 15% approval rating Congress doing it, so, what could possibly go wrong? The good news is that it will probably be tied up in the courts for years, even if it became law.
I get your point but at the same time, every court has been siding with players for last 3years that you cant in essence stump a players wages or freedom to move to a different school. Like you said. Should be held up in court for a long time. And will then push the power 2 to do their own thing and ncaa doesnt exist.
 
Showtime, Coaches have for sure reached out to some kids, majority of the elite 2028 kids were on the West Coast for area codes this weekend. So all of them were awake at 12 am EST / 9 pm PCT.

After watching yesterday’s East Coast Pro event and seeing what one of our lower-rated commits, Jack Franklin, did yesterday. I’m very confident in our staff's ability to find us players who can play at Miami. Franklin was sitting mostly 92 yesterday and just straight dealing.

Now to then develop them is an entirely different combo, as we all know and constantly argue and discuss in this forum. As someone who doesn’t have any control, all I can do is put my faith in our coaches to hopefully get the most out of our of 2026 and 2027 classes.
 
Back
Top