8-0

407cane

All-ACC
We will beat wake forest and we will beat fsu. Im thinking VT in '05. Underdogs by everyone in the country and VT playing no real test that year leading up to the game at home on national TV

This board has too many mopes, the transitive property doesn't work in football every game is a new season. Morris got his worst game of his career out of the way and duke should be healthy by November 2nd.

Get your bodies ready fellas, top 5 is calling our name

Advertisement
If we're 8 and 0 going into Vt we won't be underdogs. At home.

Sorry my post is confusing when I re read it... I'm comparing the fsu game this year to the VT game in '05 where we were underdogs on the road against a top 5 (top 3 team if fsu wins today)

I didnt refer to our game against VT this year at all.

Beating fsu and wake has us at 8-0

Advertisement
FSU is good. I'm more concerned about our ability to stop them than our ability to score on them.

I think we should be able to move the ball on offense. But if we gave up almost 200 yards to Ebron and over 500 overall to UNC, I shudder to think what Jameis will do to us.

Last edited:
FSU is good. I'm more concerned about our ability to stop them than our ability to score on them.

I think we should be able to move the ball on offense. But if we gave up almost 200 yards to Ebron, I shudder to think what Jameis will do to us.
As long as we get pressure on fsu (which I think we will) it will come down to 4 zeros IMO.

Sorry i have no confidence in D No's defense stopping them. If we win it will have to be as high scoring shoot out. Even tho, the defense has played well against them both times we played them under Golden. Seeing UNC put up 500 yards on us, let the air out the balloon for me. Im just enjoying undefeated while it lasts and see where we at come seasons end.

I can't believe how are defense reverted back to the D of last year. Mind boggling. If I were an opposing team, I would use the TE to kill us. Reminds me of when we couldn't stop Wisc in the bowl game.

Advertisement

I think we should be able to move the ball on offense. But if we gave up almost 200 yards to Ebron, I shudder to think what Jameis will do to us.
As long as we get pressure on fsu (which I think we will) it will come down to 4 zeros IMO.

what worries me is that we couldn't get pressure on renner for the most part, how will we get pressure on winston? we have to blitz a linebacker more often

We didnt blitz enough against UNC. When we did we had good pressure, but our front four just couldnt get to him. If we want to beat FSU we are going to have to blitz more often and stop the crossing routes. Im not too worried about the deep balls but over the middle and crossing routes killed us against UNC. And no Turn Overs on Offense!

What I don`t understand is how in the last minute or so, we give up cheap score. You don`t let a team to go three quarters
of the field with only 16 seconds left. Even with only 3 seconds left, they almost won the game. Hope it doesn`t come back to haunt

I think we should be able to move the ball on offense. But if we gave up almost 200 yards to Ebron and over 500 overall to UNC, I shudder to think what Jameis will do to us.

I have no doubt we'll be able to move the ball on them. For me its those T.O. that get me worried

Advertisement
It all depends on Morris. If he gets his head out of his *** we've got a shot. If he plays with the intelligence of a sandwich, we're done.

So the UNC game happened because of the defense? Full ****** ahead bruh...

When your offense throws 4 INT's and keeps your defense on the field all night going three and out the other team tends to put up a **** ton of yards. How many points did all of those yards produce? Oh that's right, only 23. The defense was the only reason Miami won Thursday night.

Last edited:
What I don`t understand is how in the last minute or so, we give up cheap score. You don`t let a team to go three quarters
of the field with only 16 seconds left. Even with only 3 seconds left, they almost won the game. Hope it doesn`t come back to haunt

If they had squib kicked it the clock would have been moving, IMO this was a mistake, seconds were more important than yards. Also I could see Ebron catching the pass in the middle of the field, game over, letting them get to the sidelines was astonishing.

Advertisement

When your offense throws 4 INT's and keeps your defense on the field all night going three and out the other team tends to put up a **** ton of yards. How many points did all of those yards produce? Oh that's right, only 23. The defense was the only reason Miami won Thursday night.

23 points to UNC is the equivalent to 50 by a good team.

I couldn't disagree more. Only giving up 23 was amazing job by defense. The way our QB played we should have had no business even being in that game. Let alone winning. Our def with the exception of not covering TE in first half was amazing. When we needed stops or a fg instead of td they made the play. 1 bad tackle attempt and mis communication between corner and safety(which was a rotating door) were only td's given up.

Miami's defense held UNC to 23 points despite 4 turnovers and a **** ton of three and outs. Are some of you tards really suggesting that the defense didn't do it's job on Thursday night? The offense **** the bed Thursday night. The defense is the reason Miami came out of there with a W.

I think you guys get too high after wins, and too low after losses.

Lets worry about Wake Forest first.

Advertisement
Back