Class of 2016: updated as of 1/21/18

Advertisement
I like Tony Jones out of IMG as our second back.

I would love to see
McArthur Burnett paired with Tony Jones

Anyone have Jones' highlight tape ?? I remember from a previous thread awhile back.

I like Jones and had mentioned him a long time ago at the RB position for 2016 as one we should target but I prefer Carlin Fils-Aime.

I like Burnett as an athlete and just figure his position when he gets here.

**** if Miami can keep Rasul and add Fils-Aime or trade one for the other I'm all for it. Burns and BenT in 2017 are studs, seen both live.

Just win man. Just win and kids will stay and come.

image.jpg
Sam Bruce, Deion Jackson, Cedrick Wright, Dionte Mullins

Advertisement
Dionte Mullins looks older everytime I see him! If he indeed will be 20 by the time he is a freshmen I expect him to be in our two deep off rip.

joshua_uche_850x560.jpg

hudl | 247Sports | Rivals | ESPN | Scout | Twitter

Joshua Uche
16 LB/DE
Columbus
Height: 6-1.5
Weight: 212
40: 4.59
SHUTTLE: 4.42
PB: 27
VERT:32.5
SPARQ: 78.72

Miami Hurricanes Recruiting: 2016 Defensive End Joshua Uche Commits to Miami
by Juan Toribio 37m ago FOLLOW @@INSIDETHEARC

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2016 class continues to grow as defensive end Joshua Uche commits to Miami on Tuesday afternoon.

Uche is a 6’2 210 pound defensive end from Christopher Columbus high school in Miami. Uche is a hybrid end/linebacker that Miami coaches covet for their respective scheme. Uche has a nice frame to add even more muscle once he hits a college weight room.

The Columbus star has ability to rush the quarterback and always seems to be around the ball. Uche was a big part of Columbus’ success in the 2014 high school season.

Joshua Uche’s commitment gives the Hurricanes 19 commits for the 2016 class, and still sit atop the recruiting rankings for that class.

Miami is making a priority to lock up their backyard, which is something people have harped on for years, and this is another solid pickup to continue building relationships with the top high school’s in Miami. Uche is unranked for the moment, but he’ll be a solid three-star acquisition once the recruiting services check out his tape.

Uche’s pickup won’t awe many people, but he’s a good player that will fill a need in terms of Miami’s scheme. Uche has offers from FAU, Bowling Green and Marshall, but that could pick up now with his commitment to the Hurricanes.

View attachment 29999
Mar 11, 2015 | 04:22 am

CHOOSING MIAMI WAS A 'NO-BRAINER' FOR UCHE
Corey BenderCorey Bender
Florida Recruiting Analyst
This story was originally published on ScoutFootball.com.

Joshua Uche, a 6-foot-2, 220-pound hybrid pass rusher out of Miami (Fla.) Columbus, reeled in a scholarship offer from the hometown Miami Hurricanes on Tuesday and committed on the spot.

Tuesday started off as just an ordinary day for Miami (Fla.) Columbus defensive end Joshua Uche, but that was prior to receiving maybe the biggest opportunity that's ever been thrown his direction.

The 6-foot-2, 220-pound rising senior lived out his childhood in the University of Miami's backyard, and quickly joined forces with their stellar 2016 recruiting class once the Hurricanes extended a scholarship offer on Tuesday afternoon.

In addition to Al Golden's program in nearby Coral Gables, Uche possesses offers from Bowling Green, Florida Atlantic and Marshall.

"It was crazy and I couldn't believe it at first," Uche said. "It was a dream come true and I grew up watching Miami with Sean Taylor and all of the greats. When they offered me, it was a no-brainer to commit right away."

Golden and his staff envision Uche in the opposing team's backfield on a consistent basis once he sets foot on campus a year from now. Uche, who's responsible for a time of 4.59 in the 40-yard dash, is explosive off the line of scrimmage and uses his speed and quickness to his advantage coming off the edge.

"They were excited when I told them," Uche said. "When I told the defensive line coach (Randy Melvin) that I was going to commit on the spot, he was happy. He told me I was the perfect fit and that I'd have a big impact on the team. They like me at rush end in the 3-4 scheme."

Uche hopes to attend junior days at each of the schools that have extended scholarship offers.

2016-5ef0df16d2fe414cfb262ba2f21a08ea.jpg

Removed - Isiah Johnson
Updated Scout and 247 Rankings

Last edited:
There are some goons in this class. Hopefully fat Al don't **** it up

Already lost Johnson, Snelson, Gardner, Camp. Hinson on the fence. No one can possibly believe Bruce will be here. Shaq, the most important guy on defense, is gone if we don't win. Gators gonna turn the heat up on Pinckney. FSU going to turn the heat up on McCloud.

Al always finds a way.

sigh....so true, unfortunately. the only way this class stay in tact is if Golden surprises all of us and go out and win 10 games and the ACCCG...or (which is the most realistic) Golden is fired and a top-notch replacement is on board immediately a couple of months before NSD.

Advertisement

Already lost Johnson, Snelson, Gardner, Camp. Hinson on the fence. No one can possibly believe Bruce will be here. Shaq, the most important guy on defense, is gone if we don't win. Gators gonna turn the heat up on Pinckney. FSU going to turn the heat up on McCloud.

Al always finds a way.

This is a dumbass post...

Snelson and Johnson are WRs... I would take Bruce, Mullins and Richards over either of them any day. We don't need 6 WRs, we need 3 good ones.

Gardner and Johnson already has 2 de-commits before their senior year. Not sure I would blame the staff for their lack of commitment (character).

Who said Hinson is on the fence? Some stupid fans here want him out so they can "upgrade" but I have not heard anything about him wavering.

It's a miracle that Bruce and Scarlett committed in the the first place. You don't turn down talent like Bruce regardless if he decommits in the future, just don't do what we did with Scarlett and keep recruiting other studs.

Shaq, Pinckney, and Mccloud have been nothing but committed to the Canes.

Al always finds a way.

Snelson and Johnson are WRs... I would take Bruce, Mullins and Richards over either of them any day. We don't need 6 WRs, we need 3 good ones.

Gardner and Johnson already has 2 de-commits before their senior year. Not sure I would blame the staff for their lack of commitment (character).

Who said Hinson is on the fence? Some stupid fans here want him out so they can "upgrade" but I have not heard anything about him wavering.

It's a miracle that Bruce and Scarlett committed in the the first place. You don't turn down talent like Bruce regardless if he decommits in the future, just don't do what we did with Scarlett and keep recruiting other studs.

All we ever get out of you and the rest of the CanesFanBros when we continually lose out on elite talent is excuses.

"Plenty of other fish in the sea at WR."

"Kid is a head case....committed a million places already."

"Was never coming here."

"Not a real Cane."

Also, Shaq Pinckney and Mccloud have been nothing but committed UP UNTIL NOW. Shaq's dad himself said it...we are in the 2nd quarter of recruiting. In other words, coming up on halftime.

Golden does all his best work before halftime...just watch the last 2 FSU games.

Serious question. Why do you even put yourself through the pain of following recruiting if you can't enjoy the commitments we have and just think we'll lose everyone? Save yourself some time and trouble and just check back in Feb. to see who we signed.

Al always finds a way.

All we ever get out of you and the rest of the CanesFanBros when we continually lose out on elite talent is excuses.

"Plenty of other fish in the sea at WR."

"Kid is a head case....committed a million places already."

"Was never coming here."

"Not a real Cane."

Also, Shaq Pinckney and Mccloud have been nothing but committed UP UNTIL NOW. Shaq's dad himself said it...we are in the 2nd quarter of recruiting. In other words, coming up on halftime.

Golden does all his best work before halftime...just watch the last 2 FSU games.

Serious question. Why do you even put yourself through the pain of following recruiting if you can't enjoy the commitments we have and just think we'll lose everyone? Save yourself some time and trouble and just check back in Feb. to see who we signed.

Yeah seriously. Not getting the point dedicating time when all you are going to say is no one is coming here. Especially when there is no proof backing up half the things he says.

Advertisement
2250742_b9101b1388c54bc2989de001e5de485a.jpg

hudl | 247Sports | Rivals | Scout | ESPN | Twitter | 3/22/15

DE: Jaquwan Nelson
#15 Junior DE
Fort Lauderdale Varsity Football, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 225lbs

Defensive lineman Jaquwan Nelson commits to Hurricanes
March 21, 2015
Matt Porter

CORAL GABLES — Another pass rusher committed to Miami.

The 19th commit in UM’s 2016 class is Jaquwan Nelson, a weak-side defensive end who plays for Fort Lauderdale High.

Other defensive ends in the Hurricanes’ upcoming recruiting class: four-star Joseph Jackson, of Miami-Gulliver Prep, four-star Deltona tight end/defensive end Evan Hinson and Miami-Columbus three-star Joshua Uche, who committed last week.

Nelson, listed at 6-foot-4 and 230 pounds, is not rated by 247Sports or Rivals. Miami became the second major-conference program to offer him; Oregon State was the first. He also has offers from Akron and Bowling Green.

Jaqwan_Nelson.jpg

CAtge5tUIAE7InY.jpg

Last edited:
Deion Jackson wears #24, just an FYI so you can add it into the next edit Warrior.

Advertisement
Pretty accurate Heights and Weights from official measuring at camps, in person and through parents or the recruit. That I gathered together.

QB:
Jack Allison - 6'5" 190

RB:
Amir Rasul - 5'11" 194

RB/FB:
Zack Moss - 5'10" 205

WR:
Sam Bruce - 5'8" 186
Dionte Mullins - 6'0" 183

DE:
JoJo Jackson a.k.a. Joseph Jackson - 6'5" 237
JaQuwan Nelson - 6'4" 230

DE/LB:
Joshua Uche - 6'2" 212

LB:
Zach McCloud - 6'2" 220
Mike Pinckney - 6'0" 215
Shaq Quarterman - 6'1" 239
Greg Simmons - 6'1" 221

LB/S:
Devin Gil - 6'1" 205

CB:
Tyler Byrd - 6'0" 194
Deion Jackson - 6'1" 183

CB/S:
James Wiggins - 5'11" 185

S:
Cedrick Wright - 5'9" 185

ATH:
McArthur Burnett - 6'0" 180 (RB/CB)
Evan Hinson - 6'5" 220 (TE/DE)
Ahmmon Richards - 6'2" 175 (WR/S)

Last edited:
Not sure which picture would be better or more clear for James Wiggins for the class edit picture.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Never realized before but I see the Rolle comment his coach made. Wiggins very physically impressive. Passes the eye test 100%, kid is CUT

Advertisement
Back