Playmaker JR rivals update

Plano Prestonwood Christian Academy wide receiver Michael Irvin may have been the most recognizable prospect at the opening day of last weekend's Texas State 7-on-7 Tournament. Not only is Irvin a terrific player, he's the son of former Dallas Cowboys and NFL Hall of Fame receiver Michael Irvin, making him a player that a lot of people were excited to see. After talking to Irving, it's clear that it's not just fans and media that are interested in his game, with college coaches also taking notice.

-Says "The recruiting process is going really well. Miami offered me. A lot of schools are looking at me - Michigan, Georgia, Texas Tech, Kansas State," "But really I just want to go through the whole process and see what's best for me, see what's best for me to go to. We'll see."

-college coaches have told him he could play a number of different positions at the next level.

-Says "Some people are recruiting me as a receiver, some receiver and tight end, some just tight end. Some people want me to play defense," "I really like playing receiver. That's my favorite. But tight end's all right. Defense is all right I guess. But I really like playing receiver."

-has visited Miami once and while he's not listing formal favorites, his father's alma matter is a school that will definitely be in the mix.

-Says "I love it. I love Miami, love coach (Al) Golden. I love all the coaches down there," "They always show me love and it's just a great atmosphere down there."

- taking the process at a slow pace and is in no rush to make a decision. Of the in-state schools, two programs are showing the most interest, including the Texas Longhorns.

-Says "Texas is recruiting me. Them and Texas Tech. That's pretty much it around Texas. Texas came to a couple of my spring practices and they talk to my coach all the time. They're pretty interested,"

-Says "Ever since I first started watching football I've seen Texas as a threat in the NCAA. So that's a good thing to me. I love a good team, I want to be able to win."

-Over the course of the summer he wants to trim off a little weight and work on his speed. He'll try to accomplish those goals with the help of his father, who is helping guide him with on-the-field training and some words of wisdom during the recruiting process.

-Says " I'm just always working hard. My dad always works me hard and I always try to work as hard as possible, always try to do something that someone else isn't doing," Irvin said. "That's what I love to do.

-Says "He just tells me to be patient and everything will come, everything will happen the way I need it to happen and everything will work out the way it needs to work out. I love having him in my life. He helps me so much. We study film together all the time. That's helped bring my game to another level, gives me a different type of IQ to the game.

-he'd like to visit Miami and Texas Tech at some point, possibly, this summer, but no trips have been set up yet.

https://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1658953

Advertisement
How good is he? There is no question he should be offered and brought in but I am curious how good as a receiver/TE he is.

Advertisement
“My exact words to Mike were this – ‘There are some choices God gives us and some He doesn’t.’ He can’t choose his mom, his dad, his brothers or sisters or what school he goes to. Everything else, he can choose. He WILL go to the University of Miami,” Irvin Sr. said laughing.

“My exact words to Mike were this – ‘There are some choices God gives us and some He doesn’t.’ He can’t choose his mom, his dad, his brothers or sisters or what school he goes to. Everything else, he can choose. He WILL go to the University of Miami,” Irvin Sr. said laughing.
Lol Best Quote of all time..

Advertisement
Not that it even matters - but does Michael Irvin (senior) currently live in Miami or does he live in TX? Obviously junior lives in TX. Senior seems to be in Miami an aweful lot which is why I ask.

Man with all the WR's, we'll we gone have to go to lots 4 receiver sets. Won't be long before we targeting 2017 guys.

How often did we run that last year? How often do we run trips? How often are 2 TEs on the field at the same time in our system?

Very puzzling.

Advertisement

When did he say that?

9.jpg:large

TE

Advertisement

When did he say that?

I think it was a year or two ago.

Advertisement
Back