Booker T. RB Mark Walton says he has reclassified to 2015

View as article

Nash Williams

Freshman
For months now, there has been speculation that Booker T. Washington running back Mark Walton has been attempting to reclassify from class 2016 to class 2015.

After working hard and taking extra classes, Walton says he has picked up the necessary credits to re-join his original graduating class, the class of 2015.

Walton has been committed to Miami since September of 2013. Now with his reclassification, the Hurricanes are expecting him to be a part of their 2015 recruiting class.

"(The Miami coaches) told me that they were happy for me and and the sooner they can get me on campus, that would be great. It's just great news for both of us," said Walton.

Walton, who stands in at 5-foot-11, 188-pounds, says he really isn't recruiting any of his teammates to come with him, like wide receiver Antonio Calloway or defensive back Davante Davis, but he is trying to see where they are looking at.***

"I just want to see where their heads are at and see what they want to do in the future. We would really like to play with each other throughout college also," Walton added.

For Walton, the future is bright. There is no doubt about that. Walton can potentially be a part of one of the biggest running back classes in recent recruiting history, but what should 'Canes fans expect when this stud steps on campus?

"I'm trying to be on the top freshman ever on campus. Also, I want to bring the swagger back. I just want to do what I can to bring the team success," said Walton.

Now that Walton has put the stress of reclassifying behind him, he is focused in on still getting better. He does that by attending events such as the Miami Dolphins Academy 7-on-7 where he and the Booker T. Washington Tornadoes were putting on a clinic.

"7-on-7 is great for us. It helps us with our route running and it's also great conditioning, you know. For us though, we have to attack the mental side of it as we try and get used to a new quarterback, Maurice Alexander," said Walton.

"Our ultimate goal is a three-peat state championship. I've got to stick to my role like I have the last two years and just do whatever my team needs from me."

*** 2015 DB Davante Davis and 2015 WR Antonio Calloway both have Miami offers amongst a slew of others.

Advertisement
Walton, who stands in at 5-foot-11, 188-pounds, says he really isn't recruiting any of his teammates to come with him, like wide receiver Antonio Calloway or defensive back Davante Davis, but he is trying to see where they are looking at.***

"I just want to see where their heads are at and see what they want to do in the future. We would really like to play with each other throughout college also," Walton added.

well thats some wack ****.....

Seems like Booker T kids dont care to help recruit (which is there own decision to do). Chad didnt want anythingg to do with recruiting others last yr. bethel flaked out and d jax was all over the place with his own recruitment. Obviously the yr before we wont talk about.

Advertisement
Seems like Booker T kids dont care to help recruit (which is there own decision to do). Chad didnt want anythingg to do with recruiting others last yr. bethel flaked out and d jax was all over the place with his own recruitment. Obviously the yr before we wont talk about.

Yeah, but his communication is more like:

I'm not gonna recruit them, but pending where they go.... I might have interest in joining them.

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!
Nash Williams challenges Peter Ariz at Traz Powell Stadium for the CIS world heavyweight championship!
Watchya gonna do Pete, When Nash's sources runs wild all ova you!?!?!

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!
Nash Williams challenges Peter Ariz at Traz Powell Stadium for the CIS world heavyweight championship!
Watchya gonna do Pete, When Nash's sources runs wild all ova you!?!?!

Nash better watch out for Genron with the money sack from behind.

Advertisement
For anyone thinking this is a bad thing, it's not. In fact it's great news, the sooner we can get studs on campus the better. Just remember how big of an impact one player can make in year one. If Cronk or Williams want to leave because of this then so be it. Competition is what makes Miami, Miami.

So, where does Walton stand amongst the '15 running back class?

He was top 50-60 for 2016...top 3 RB...now he reclassified, expect him to be a top 250 with a top 100 outside shot....he's invited to The Opening... if he shines like I expect...high 4* recruit

Maybe he is one of those people that keeps to himself & tries to stay out of other people business, everyone is different.

Advertisement
I don't get the whole reclassification thing. Is he graduating early or something?

He failed a grade in elementary. He took extra classes throughout the end of his sophomore year so he could make the jump back to his original grade level and graduate with the class of 2015. He is not enrolling early.

We need Walton to help us get devante Davis. Kid is a long and fast corner would love to land him.

Out of the fifty 4 and 5 star recruits we have in the Miami area Miami will get maybe 5 of them this year. How in the world is Golden doing a good job recruting? Miami should be getting 15 at the least.

Advertisement
Good news since the kid been committed to us since 2013 and worked his *** off to get here early. If other backs back off because of that, what is the staff suppose to do? Snatch his offer? His coming to Miami, Chad, Jackson and Ice, gives us as much support as you need to sway the other guys (D. Davis and Calloway). As far as all the other 4 and 5 star players, we on them like everybody else. I think there are several issues why more don't commit to the hometown Canes:

1. Belief they'll win more and possible title elsewhere
2. Canes inconsistent on the field and have not wowed local recruits with on field performances
3. More impressed by packed on campus stadiums and a collegiate feel at other schools
4. Feel they will have a better chance against OOS players than homeboys
5. Some animosity and dislike between some local SoFl commits and prospects.

Advertisement
Back