OT: Hayden Mahoney, Tyree St. Louis, Brendan Loftus, Bar Milo
OG: Tyler Gauthier, Jahair Jones
DT: Ryan Fines, Kendrick Norton
DE: Scott Patchan, Jamie Gordinier, Richard McIntosh
OLB: Charles Perry, James King
CB: Michael Jackson-Kerr, Sheldrick Redwine, Terrance Henley
S: Jaquan Johnson, Robert Knowles

De-commits:

WR: Trevill Holcy (de-committed 3/26/2014)
DT: Quentez Johnson (de-committed 5/6/2014)
T: Kevin Feder (flipped to O$U 6/22/2014)
K: Drew Galitz (flipped to Baylor 8/26/2014)
RB: Jordan Cronkrite (de-committed 9/13/2014
TE: Bowman Archibald (flipped to Wake Forest 9/21/2014)
LB: Claude George (de-committed on 10/16/2014)
OG: Leeward Brown (flipped to West Virginia 10/28/2014)
OT: Geron Christian (de-committed on 11/26/2014)
WR: Emonee Spence (de-committed on 12/09/2014)
QB: Dwayne Lawson (de-committed on 12/18/2014)
RB: Dexter Williams (de-committed on 1/02/2015)
WR: Therrell Gosier (de-committed on 1/21/2015)
RB: Jordan Scarlett (de-committed on 2/01/2015)
WR: Terrell Chatman (flipped to Arizona St. on 2/09/2015)

2 questions:

1. Who's your favorite?

Jaquan Johnson. Sick athlete.

2. Who makes the biggest impact?

Mark Walton. Because there's really no one else.

Note:

When I created this thread the following players were already committed:

Charles Perry*
Kevin Feder
Emonee Spence
Ryan Fines*
Leeward Brown
Bowman Archibald
Trevill Holcy

*(12/09/2014) Only 2 left from when I started this thread

Last edited:
Advertisement
Charles Perry for both. I don't see any impact players on that list yet. I think Perry will develop into a nice player for us though.

Archibald and Perry are pretty **** good

The olineman aren't out of this world but they are solid

Fines is a fine pickup, got to have those guys at the nose

Holcy and Spence are interesting, get the fans upset

No Jaquan. That's all I read there. Life long Canes fan, throws up the []_[] in his senior photo. Still not committed. Staff is suspect.

Advertisement
Maybe slightly off topic, but I love that Spence and Holcy, who both hold SEC offers, have this board rustled. If Spence was committed to Auburn and Holcy to Ole Miss or Tennessee, everyone on here would be ****ED we were letting the SEC come down to the "State of Miami" and take kids.

As for my favorites: Bowman Archibald not only has the best name but also the highest ceiling...look at that offer list. Charles Perry is a playmaker on his tape and if he can stay explosive with added weight could do some big things here.

No Jaquan. That's all I read there. Life long Canes fan, throws up the []_[] in his senior photo. Still not committed. Staff is suspect.

Staff might be suspect, but this isn't the reason why. All these kids seem to be playing it extra coy in the public eye (I hate that there is such a ******* thing for high school juniors, but, alas), and yet people like Token, Pete and HG who are tapped in seem very very confident. Comes off as these kids just wanting their moment. Which, again, is stupid, but coming off that 2-4 finish and a decade of mediocrity we are in no position to begrudge.

Perry's my favorite 2015 commit we've landed thus far. Not only does he have very impressive tape and athleticism, but he recently mentioned in an interview that he's trying to get in Tevon Coney's ear to help recruit him to Miami. It would be a phenomenal haul if we were to land both standout Palm Beach linebackers, though it's worth noting that it sounds like Coney is an early UF lean.

The one who makes the biggest impact, though, may very well be Feder. That's purely projection since his highlights are of him playing defensive tackle. But he obviously has great size, comes from a big time program in Jersey, and has a wrestling background that should only help him understand the importance of leverage as a 6'9" lineman.

Perry, Feder, and Archibald are the three that stand out above the rest, IMO. We're still waiting on that first premier recruit to commit and truly get the ball rolling with this class.

Advertisement
I want our old TE play back, so now that we got some DTs and QBs, TE will be my favorites. Those were always the delta positions that made Miami different from everyone else. When we get back to having a top college QB and 1st round DTs and TEs then we will contend, until then we will only pretend. Of course we had great players at WR, RB, LB and DB, but so did many others. It was those three positions that made us the lead dog with Criminoles merely sniffing our rear.

Smh the kid is still in his junior year.. Just because he might be a life long cane fan it doesn't make him a cane lock.. Let the kid take his time and make the decision that's best for him when he decides to.

Advertisement

Staff is suspect because a kid hasn't yet committed, almost a year before signing day? How idiotic.

Advertisement
All will need time to develop.

I think Archibald is the most ready right now. Perry is the most versatile/talented IMO, but he'll need time to gain weight to play LB for us.

Maybe slightly off topic, but I love that Spence and Holcy, who both hold SEC offers, have this board rustled. If Spence was committed to Auburn and Holcy to Ole Miss or Tennessee, everyone on here would be ****ED we were letting the SEC come down to the "State of Miami" and take kids.

As for my favorites: Bowman Archibald not only has the best name but also the highest ceiling...look at that offer list. Charles Perry is a playmaker on his tape and if he can stay explosive with added weight could do some big things here.
Maybe thop post of the 2014 year, all these kids are talented as **** and maybe not 5* but all got really good upside and lets be real this staff has gotten on first with some elite talent so lets not act like they dont know good players when they see them

Advertisement
Back