#7 player in the country DT Justin Scott flips to MIAMI

View as article
Advertisement
You are correct. They hate Mario and enthusiastically root for us to lose because of that. These guys were ****ing down their legs when we had 1st and goal vs Louisville and could have tied the game and were super relieved when we didn't score. Against Georgia Tech they gave each other high fives when the refs said that Chaney had fumbled and then were screaming and hugging each other in jubilation when King hit Leary for the game winning TD as time expired!

They threw beer bottles at the TV in disgust when Fletcher scored that walk off TD vs UVA in OT and they celebrated when TVD got picked off to end the game against FSU when we were threatening to tie the game.

1701382359345.png

Yeah I remember that play. George had a TD for sure if Tyler hits him. All in all I agree with @DMoney post about the coach and the QB both failing to manage the game. Yes TVD is at the root of it but I think the debate centers on Mario continuing to roll Tyler out there even when it was clear that he didn't want to play and that Tyler couldn't make many of the throws required of him. I think Mario should have sat Tyler after the UNC game until he was able to play at an effective level which he obviously was vs Louisville and especially BC.

I have been extremely hard on Mario because he really ****es me off sometimes but believe it or not, I still support the man. Mario Cristobal is the head coach and I very much want him to succeed. What infuriates me is that he gets in his own way too many times. If he would stop over thinking everything and just let others do the job he hired them for he would be much better off. I know that Mario wants to succeed. His burning ambition is to bring us back to championship level. He has many great qualities and some not so great but I do think that he is capable of settling in and really finding his groove. When he got hired I said I would give him 4 years then reevaluate. That doesn't mean that I won't lose my patience in the meantime and give him grief when he earns it but it also doesn't mean I won't give credit where credit is due.

I'm well aware that the situation he inherited was much worse beneath the surface than many realize. When people say that this wasn't a rebuild they only point to the "talent level" he inherited which I think was quite overrated to begin with. Just look at the state of the WR, LB, OL, CB, DL, TE, QB and even the RB room. We needed serious infusions of speed and legit high end P5 talent. My point is that there were major institutional, systemic, cultural and infrastructure issues that were rotting away at the fabric of this program. The foundation was weak and on the verge of collapse due to decades of incompetence and neglect. He had to get a handle on all of that while he dealt with roster issues and staff hiring. Yeah I rip him sometimes and rip him hard, but I do respect the challenges he has had to deal with and overcome. Now if he could just get better on game day!
With the other staffs I felt impatient asf. Cause of what they were bringing in. I always wanted a HC to bring in true Miami talent and I would be patient. I am very patient with this staff cause I believe in this type of build. It happened at all the major powers now. It took awhile for some but it happened and we have to be patient. I think drinking the koolaid in the off season is why fans lose it. I for one was not expecting anything these first two seasons, next season I still expect some losses but we will look way better.

We are recruiting at a place where we can at least dominate the acc with ease yearly. I think once we do that there is no going back unless we lose Mario. Staff turnover will be nothing for him with what he’s bringing in.

Advertisement
Isn't that exactly what WeBallinBoyz is doing?

It seems to me that he is guilty of being impatient (no doubt), but he immediately praised Mario for the flip. What's wrong with that?

True mopes NEVER have anything good to say and ONLY come on here to post when things go bad. True mopes remain in hiding when there is good news to celebrate. That's not what he's doing (at least to me). Sure he's been critical of our recruiting and displayed a lack of faith in Mario's recruiting prowess (he's not the only one, BTW). But, he came back and took his medicine while acknowledging he was impatient and prematurely pronounced our class as mediocre. Nothing wrong with that...

This Board can be polarizing at times but we should all be more tolerant of opposing points of view.

Just my $.02.
This is 100% accurate. The MariBro slurpers attack ANYONE who sees things in a less optimistic and skeptical way than they do.

There are some **** on everything mopes and most of the skeptics aren’t that nor do they like that. There are a couple of skeptics/mopes who troll the MariBro slurpers on the flip side when we land one. I get why the trolls are gone at. But @WeBallinBoyz isnt a troll, he’s just ****ed at what’s transpired on the field and up until now, how we’ve whiffed in a number of areas of need in recruiting. We still need CB and OL upgrades plus a QB.

I love how they ignore the results on the field which is the bottom line that matters and are out peacocking on the recruiting side. Mario is a horrendous game day coRch until proven otherwise. He needs recruiting to be top tier just to compete.

If he was smart, which I haven’t seen evidence of, he would turn game day over to an OC with good decision making skills under time and pressure and act as a CEO.

This is 100% accurate. The MariBro slurpers attack ANYONE who sees things in a less optimistic and skeptical way than they do.

There are some **** on everything mopes and most of the skeptics aren’t that nor do they like that. There are a couple of skeptics/mopes who troll the MariBro slurpers on the flip side when we land one. I get why the trolls are gone at. But @WeBallinBoyz isnt a troll, he’s just ****ed at what’s transpired on the field and up until now, how we’ve whiffed in a number of areas of need in recruiting. We still need CB and OL upgrades plus a QB.

I love how they ignore the results on the field which is the bottom line that matters and are out peacocking on the recruiting side. Mario is a horrendous game day coRch until proven otherwise. He needs recruiting to be top tier just to compete.

If he was smart, which I haven’t seen evidence of, he would turn game day over to an OC with good decision making skills under time and pressure and act as a CEO.
Well said. You were able to articulate that 1000% better than I did earlier.

This is a lie as well.

I've already stated my expectations havent been met (8-4), that DT recruiting was **** poor and Marios gameday management was atrocious.

The difference is not entering every single thread and doing it.

If you don't believe this happened you're just willfully ignorant of it taking place. When it changes and keep in mind Moanin was VERY CLEAR about flips (like the one that just happened) wouldn't happen, we are all supposed to sing kumbaya and hold hands? Nope. Sorry.

So stop protecting him and other over the top crap behavior and let them ate crow.

Advertisement
This is a lie as well.

I've already stated my expectations havent been met (8-4), that DT recruiting was **** poor and Marios gameday management was atrocious.

The difference is not entering every single thread and doing it.

If you don't believe this happened you're just willfully ignorant of it taking place. When it changes and keep in mind Moanin was VERY CLEAR about flips (like the one that just happened) wouldn't happen, we are all supposed to sing kumbaya and hold hands? Nope. Sorry.

So stop protecting him and other over the top crap behavior and let them ate crow.
No, anyone who takes issue with Mario is gone at by you and the crew. Anyone.

I get the ones who troll you guys continually but not the ones who simply don’t tow the line the way you and the crew think. Meanwhile, Mario’s been a horrendous coRch on the field, which matters more than anything, and you guys didn’t eat any crow on that either.

I get the ones who troll you guys continually but not the ones who simply don’t toe the line the way you and the crew think. Meanwhile, Mario’s been a horrendous coRch on the field, which matters more than anything, and you guys didn’t eat any crow either.
I literally outlined my misgivings in the first portion of my response but naturally you gloss over it.

Wild stuff.

And @WeBallinBoyz praises where warranted and you glossed over that.

See how that works?
RVA is it that hard to grasp the part where he never typed "I was wrong" but inferred he was waiting all along for Mario to produce which is a total fabrication in his FIRST response?

Stop gaslighting. What you describe never happened.

Advertisement
RVA is it that hard to grasp the part where he never typed "I was wrong" but inferred he was waiting all along for Mario to produce which is a total fabrication in his FIRST response?

Stop gaslighting. What you describe never happened.
what is he supposed to say he was wrong about??? He gave the guy credit. As for this class:

We still don’t have a QB worth a ****.

We still don’t have CBs worth a ****.

We still haven’t landed a higher level OL.

We’ve done well at WR and DE. Now we’ve got some DTs.

And we still have the worst game day coRch in my cane watching life.

You guys are unbelievable peacocking around with this. 🤦🏻‍♂️

what is he supposed to say he was wrong about??? He gave the guy credit. As for this class:

We still don’t have a QB worth a ****.

We still don’t have CBs worth a ****.

We still haven’t landed a higher level OL.

We’ve done well at WR and DE. Now we’ve got some DTs.

And we still have the worst game day coRch in my cane watching life.
We landed the best JUCO OL in America fella. You sound very emotional. If that isn't "higher level" your expectations are absurd.

To your other points.

You think you can let Mario have the entire recruiting cycle before mashing your keyboard or was Scott not evidence enough?

Advertisement
We landed the best JUCO OL in America fella. You sound very emotional. If that isn't "higher level" your expectations are absurd.

To your other points.

You think you can let Mario have the entire recruiting cycle before mashing your keyboard or was Scott not evidence enough?
I think people can comment as they want when they want as things progress and where we stand. I don’t think people need to wait for your timetable. Are you kidding me? You think people should shut up during the cycle until December 21st? Stay off the board then. It’s a message board. People want to talk about where we stand.

I think people can comment as they want when they want as things progress and where we stand. I don’t think people need to wait for your timetable. Are you kidding me? You think people should shut up during the cycle until December 21st? Stay off the board then. It’s a message board. People want to talk about where we stand.
I love seeing you love your goalposts.

Where did I say they couldn't?

No backtracking on your blatantly wrong OL analysis?

Lol

The difference between me and you (subject as a whole) is I can comment while letting it play out until critiquing is appropriate. You apparently need to admin/white knight the guys who are emotionally required to type out their compliants bi-hourly.

It's all good man. It is what it is.

I get the ones who troll you guys continually but not the ones who simply don’t toe the line the way you and the crew think. Meanwhile, Mario’s been a horrendous coRch on the field, which matters more than anything, and you guys didn’t eat any crow on that either.
I wouldn't say they're trolling anyone in particular. They're just littering the board with hate and discontent.

Members who chastise Mario and Co. for his gameday failures are 100% in the right, and that topic deserves pages of discussion. But those who spent much of the summer and all fall droning on and on about recruiting (who know **** well Mario's record there) deserve to eat some ******* crow here (WeBallinBoyz included - who I don't really consider a mope, and he has come here like a man and done so).

I'm pretty down on Mario atm, but I'm not selling. 2 years in and his record is what it is, but I can only hope he turns it around, because what choice do I have for the next 2-4 years? Even though you think so, I'm not a slurper - I've just not crossed over the bridge of giving up hope on his tenure yet.

With the other staffs I felt impatient asf. Cause of what they were bringing in. I always wanted a HC to bring in true Miami talent and I would be patient. I am very patient with this staff cause I believe in this type of build. It happened at all the major powers now. It took awhile for some but it happened and we have to be patient. I think drinking the koolaid in the off season is why fans lose it. I for one was not expecting anything these first two seasons, next season I still expect some losses but we will look way better.

We are recruiting at a place where we can at least dominate the acc with ease yearly. I think once we do that there is no going back unless we lose Mario. Staff turnover will be nothing for him with what he’s bringing in.

I don't see a scenario where we "lose" Mario if he's successful. He doesn't seem like an NFL guy and I don't see a better job or fit for him in CFB. He may be our bobby bowden.

Advertisement
Back