#7 player in the country DT Justin Scott flips to MIAMI

View as article
Advertisement
Talk about coming out of left field…..also, I would suppose that it’s safe to say that Big Joe is an integral member of our staff….

Advertisement
Still cannot believe we flipped this kid. Got him from ND, OSU and Michigan country too. There were exactly two super whales at DT in this class and we got 1 of them. (Stone was the other) This kid is it. And he will attract other DL to want to play with him over the next few years.

I said many times in the Football chat that I couldnt fathom why we couldnt convince not ONE elite DT to want to play with Bain for the next 2 years. It blew my mind. Not ONE? And were they seeing how well this kid was playing?? Well, looks like Mr Scott was! Congrats kid! And THANK YOU!

Great get by Mario and Co. No one questions his ability to recruit, it’s his game day coaching. Both can be true…

Threesome GIF

Advertisement
His NIL offer was significant back at the time of the initial decision as I understood it then. He picked Ohio State for whatever reason - I think the mom wanted him closer to home. I don’t think their NIL offer was more than ours.

Would this be the correct time to at @Tony4Canes to ask him if all those Ohio Taint NIL fund-raisers have failed to bring in enough money to buy a Top 10 recruit?

I kid, @Tony4Canes , I kid, you know I love ya. But the Miami and Taint collectives do things a bit differently, is all.

I guess I just disagree with some of the people you guys rail against for being mopes myself included. We made a ton of progress this year but 7-5 was still worse than it should’ve been. I think we can win a bowl game and make it 8-5 which is a much better year so hopefully that happens

I think this post illustrates the main problem. Sure, 7-5 could've been better, but in the end, the record isn't what matters most during a complete rebuild. I don't think anyone really gives a **** whether we win the bowl game, if we (and our opponent) can even field a team for it. If you're not in the CFP, then the bowls are pretty much worthless except for the extra practice time you get. 8-5 with a win in the Toilet Bowl fielding a depleted roster with no QB isn't a 'much better year'. 8-4 in the regular season with a 'scraped by' win over an overmatched GT team isn't a 'much better year' than 7-5 with a boneheaded loss to GT. Obsessing over W/L at this stage of a total program overhaul diminishes the obvious changes for the better that anyone with a brain can see (if they're willing to put down the Madden controller for 2 minutes). Recruits seem to be seeing it. Many of our fans either just hate Mario and want him to fail or are so pathetically impatient that they can't see the forest for the trees....

I think this post illustrates the main problem. Sure, 7-5 could've been better, but in the end, the record isn't what matters most during a complete rebuild. I don't think anyone really gives a **** whether we win the bowl game, if we (and our opponent) can even field a team for it. If you're not in the CFP, then the bowls are pretty much worthless except for the extra practice time you get. 8-5 with a win in the Toilet Bowl fielding a depleted roster with no QB isn't a 'much better year'. 8-4 in the regular season with a 'scraped by' win over an overmatched GT team isn't a 'much better year' than 7-5 with a boneheaded loss to GT. Obsessing over W/L at this stage of a total program overhaul diminishes the obvious changes for the better that anyone with a brain can see (if they're willing to put down the Madden controller for 2 minutes). Recruits seem to be seeing it. Many of our fans either just hate Mario and want him to fail or are so pathetically impatient that they can't see the forest for the trees....
I think some don’t believe we needed a complete overhaul/rebuild. I think Mario was even quoted as saying it wasn’t a rebuild. Also, some think we should be further along especially given the ability to flip rosters quickly and having guys like Brohm in year one take their team to the conference championship game. Also, people have a right to be concerned about Mario’s game day decision making which in the long run could keep us from getting #6 even if we do have a stacked roster at some point.

Advertisement
Not gonna talk **** to the people that were melting down. I get it.

But it’s still Mario and it wasn’t December yet

Just talked to an OSU buddy of mine (I know I know) and they want Larry Johnson to retire

Sucks for him I pulled the receipt of them kissing his ring when they landed Scott in the first place

Pussies
Nah. Talk your ****. Cause you know if this weren’t happening

Discovery Sharks GIF by Shark Week

Advertisement
it says here that we will finish ahead of our two little brothers in recruiting for 2024. both will have the expected tantrum when older bro cleans up during the next few weeks.

Advertisement
Back