#7- Phil Steele Pre-season Poll

Advertisement
and they would have upset Clemson in the ACC Title Game. Anyone with an ounce of common sense sees what he is saying. He is saying that we where 1 game away from the playoffs which is a big accomplishment from being ranked 18th. He is saying we have 0 chance of winning because the offense was banged up, but if the offense was not banged up and we somehow upset Clemson we would have made the playoffs.

You can assume that's what he's saying, I'll assume he meant what he wrote.

It is a poorly written sentence subject to at least two interpretations because of the author's awkward use of two modal verb phrases in the same sentence.

You can assume that's what he's saying, I'll assume he meant what he wrote.

I am taking it for how it is worded. You are the one that is unable to comprehend a simple(albeit poorly worded) sentence. I can guarantee you did not go to Miami. I can't imagine you getting a high enough score on the reading section of the SAT.

Advertisement
I am taking it for how it is worded. You are the one that is unable to comprehend a simple(albeit poorly worded) sentence. I can guarantee you did not go to Miami. I can't imagine you getting a high enough score on the reading section of the SAT.

And your debating skills of not adding anything additional to the discussion except more insults is clearly Miami caliber. Please teach me more.

And your debating skills of not adding anything additional to the discussion except more insults is clearly Miami caliber. Please teach me more.

I will teach you one more thing and this is only because I feel bad for an autistic fool like yourself. When a writer states that C would have occurred if A AND B occured then that means A AND B need to occur for C to take place. Not that if A occurs then B would also occur which would then force C to occur.

I will teach you one more thing and this is only because I feel bad for an autistic fool like yourself. When a writer states that C would have occurred if A AND B occured then that means A AND B need to occur for C to take place. Not that if A occurs then B would also occur which would then force C to occur.

He didn’t say that. This is really boring arguing with a 16 year old, I have real **** to read.

This is what happens when journalistic standards decline and public schools stop teaching grammar.

Advertisement
He didn’t say that. This is really boring arguing with a 16 year old, I have real **** to read.

Yes he did. they would have made the playoffs if their offense was not banged up at the end and they would have upset Clemson in the ACC Title Game. Enjoy reading those popup books.

It's clear that he's asserting an opinion that we would have upset Clemson if our offense was not banged up. You should hold off on questioning the reading comprehension of others.
"they would have made the playoffs if their offense was not banged up at the end"

This is not correct, that is not where the period ends the sentence.
IF we were healthy AND we had upset Clemson...

not

If we were healthy we WOULD HAVE upset Clemson.

Refrain from calling people out on this. He does mean what he wrote, you and a couple others cannot interpret it correctly.

Advertisement
We really only lost 1 guy. Norton was constantly on the sideline because he'd get exhausted every 4-5 plays.
You do realize that DEs are part of the DL as well right? Not to mention we lost the backup DT that came in for Norton when he needed a break

Advertisement
Lost in this this discussion is the fact that even if he did mean to say we would have beat Clemson if the offense was healthy (he didn’t), then we should lose respect for his opinion and question his judgment. A few missing dudes on offense wouldn’t have made up 35 points.

Phil has us at #7 in his pre-season poll. There are way to many websites, magazines, and reporters that release pre-season polls. However, of them all, I have personally liked Phil Steele's the most. His analysis does not seem to be laced with heavy bias towards the SEC. Also, he has always shown Miami love, which is more than what I can say for about 95% of the other publications.

Here's what Phil had to say about us.....
"The Hurricanes were my #2 surprise team last year. Despite entering No. 18 in the AP Poll, they would have made the playoffs if their offense was not banged up at the end and they would have upset Clemson in the ACC Title Game. Miami moves up from No. 73 to No. 49 on my experience chart and they now have a veteran quarterback, my No. 20 running back group, No. 17 receiver group, No. 25 offensive line group, No. 14 defensive line group, No. 7 linebacker group, and No. 9 defensive back group. They open with LSU in Arlington and do have Boston College, Georgia Tech, and Virginia Tech on the road, but none of those will be preseason ranked teams, so they have a great shot at running the table and an ACC Title win would put them in the playoffs.”

It's interesting to see his take on us beating Clemson last year, had we remained healthy. Not saying that I agree or not, but not to many people think we would have won that game, regardless of our health status. However, I fully disagree with him regarding where he ranks our WR group. There are not 5 programs that have a better WR group, let alone 16.
Dey bout to learn.

Advertisement
Back