7-1

AHURT12

Redshirt Freshman
We're growing and I see so much progress. 7-1 feels great but we have some things to clean up and I'm sure we will. We left alot point out there today but we buckled down and the defense stepped up. So proud of these guys they're learning to win but most importantly they have so much fight and they never give up. Silvera, Phillips, Couch and Frierson and so many other stepped up big.

Advertisement
We're growing and I see so much progress. 7-1 feels great but we have some things to clean up and I'm sure we will. We left alot point out there today but we buckled down and the defense stepped up. So proud of these guys they're learning to win but most importantly they have so much fight and they never give up. Silvera, Phillips, Couch and Frierson and so many other stepped up big.
Well said!

Advertisement
Most important is to get the wins and hold the class but there needs to be changes to the defensive staff in the off-season while we continue to improve on the OL and at WR. They’re not mutually exclusive.

I agree. I'm not a huge fan of the 3 down lineman rush on 3rd down. I'm not a fan of Rumph or Baker. I see some players really stepping there game up on defense though (Silvera, Phillips, Couch, Frierson)so that tells me they are getting coached up

Record looks great. Getting there looks like ****. His buddy calling the D is looking like those fat *** Ped st ****

The penalties are what **** me off the most. If we could just clean those up, I think it would make some of us feel a lot better.

But overall, yes the defense needs a rework.

Advertisement
I agree. I'm not a huge fan of the 3 down lineman rush on 3rd down. I'm not a fan of Rumph or Baker. I see some players really stepping there game up on defense though (Silvera, Phillips, Couch, Frierson)so that tells me they are getting coached up
I think Simpson was the best DL coach but I’m starting to see some strides made. Nesta is better this year.

Frierson has been great. I don’t know that 1 coach dedicated to strikers is smart but that position is out-performing the rest of the back 7 it seems.

No Bueno at LB and that’s also Baker I believe.

Couch is doing great... but I’m not happy with the back to the ball thing. Ivey was unfairly penalized when he was playing good aggressive press up close to the LOS.

If I had to pick 2 to go at the end of the season, it would by the DC and CB’s coaches. I think if the DC goes, Banda, Patke and possibly Stroud stay like Hickson and Field stayed for Lashlee so I’m not certain what type of DC we’d be getting. LCE has mentioned Marcus Freeman from Cincy, amongst others, as someone we should target.

Advertisement
Back