6'9 335 Iran Bennett Basketball kid But what if.

Advertisement
Tell me the amount of OT that are playing at this height and are playing well right now.

Unless you are gifted with insane athletic ability like Trent Brown, forget it.

I went out and checked his height and weight. Dude is 6'10, 322 lbs. There are no 6'10 OTs in the league right now and for good reason. Kid went to EKU and is a redshirt junior averaging six minutes a game.
Or you could look at it this way.... There are not a lot of 6-9 OTs in the league not because they cant play but because 6'-9" human beings who weight 325lbs plus, are strong and still athletic rarely walk the face of this earth.

He is probably closer to 6-7 anyway, that guy could get a football scholarship to just about anywhere in america based on just his basketball film alone.

Tell me the amount of OT that are playing at this height and are playing well right now.

Unless you are gifted with insane athletic ability like Trent Brown, forget it.

I went out and checked his height and weight. Dude is 6'10, 322 lbs. There are no 6'10 OTs in the league right now and for good reason. Kid went to EKU and is a redshirt junior averaging six minutes a game.
Think, dude. You wanna know why there’s not many examples of 6’9 guys playing football? Because MOST dudes that are that tall, stick to playing basketball. Basketball players are generally better athletes than most football players, so one can surmise that basketball players can definitely play SOMEWHERE on a football field. EVEN at 6’9”. The proof is or has been in the league, for years dude. Different positions as well. DT/DE Calais Campbell, Ed “Too Tall” Jones, OT Ogden, even TE Jimmy Graham. All are 6’8+. You gave one example of a big kid that wasn’t good and couldn’t play. And use it as the holy grail of your ENTIRE argument. But ask yourself….Did he have a basketball background? If he did and wasn’t that good at it…. then there’s your answer. Not because he was too tall to play football. but because he wasn’t athletically gifted enough to play his position. Didn’t have enough “bend” to succeed at that height. This kid can play basketball, so **** yeah he can play SOMEWHERE on a football field. And probably be pretty **** good at it, too. There’s not a lot of 6’10” baseball players around either….. know why? Cause most athletes that height are usually busy running up and down on somebody’s basketball court. Not because they can’t play baseball.

Or you could look at it this way.... There are not a lot of 6-9 OTs in the league not because they cant play but because 6'-9" human beings who weight 325lbs plus, are strong and still athletic rarely walk the face of this earth.

He is probably closer to 6-7 anyway, that guy could get a football scholarship to just about anywhere in america based on just his basketball film alone.
This!!!

Think, dude. You wanna know why there’s not many examples of 6’9 guys playing football? Because MOST dudes that are that tall, stick to playing basketball. Basketball players are generally better athletes than most football players, so one can surmise that basketball players can definitely play SOMEWHERE on a football field. EVEN at 6’9”. The proof is or has been in the league, for years dude. Different positions as well. DT/DE Calais Campbell, Ed “Too Tall” Jones, OT Ogden, even TE Jimmy Graham. All are 6’8+. You gave one example of a big kid that wasn’t good and couldn’t play. And use it as the holy grail of your ENTIRE argument. But ask yourself….Did he have a basketball background? If he did and wasn’t that good at it…. then there’s your answer. Not because he was too tall to play football. but because he wasn’t athletically gifted enough to play his position. Didn’t have enough “bend” to succeed at that height. This kid can play basketball, so **** yeah he can play SOMEWHERE on a football field. And probably be pretty **** good at it, too. There’s not a lot of 6’10” baseball players around either….. know why? Cause most athletes that height are usually busy running up and down on somebody’s basketball court. Not because they can’t play baseball.
Guess why most people above 6'7 play basketball and not football? Or any other sport, for that matter?

They lack bend, quickness in their hips, quickness on their feet and their overall athletic profile supports basketball the most considering everyone in basketball is really tall. If you are tall in basketball, you are fairly likely to succeed. Outside of the fact that people with that height usually start developing knee or back injuries and considering the fact that most people with that size are sent to the Offensive Line and not somewhere else should tell you this as well. You'd be an idiot to say "I am 6'10 and I am going to start playing soccer/baseball instead of basketball."

Listing Jonathan Ogden as an example of tall players making it to the NFL and succeeding should make it obvious that being extremely tall and succeeding in football is not the rule, its the exception. Most tall people who play football fall through, either because they dont fit the athletic profile to fit the position (not enough bend, for example), they are simply better somewhere else (basketball) or its because they get hurt in areas that are vulnerable (knee and back).

And unless y'all have a measuring stick, the kids at the height that was officially listed. And that is 6'9-6'10, according to EKU. Tall people are an exception in football, not the rule. Being just tall does not fit the athletic profile of football.

We are not even disagreeing here, we simply add reasons as to why tall people rarely play football lol

Advertisement
This is just a little fun post about What if.

LCE have you seen this kids tape. This kid has some sick feet for being such a large human. He also has great endurance on the basket ball court. If he were to play football I would probably say he would be a combination of Warren Sapp and Big Vince.

If you guys havnt seen him go to you tube and look him up. Its pretty incredible how agile he is. I would dare to say if he were to try and make a go at it as far as a football prospect he would lead a defense to a national title. He would eliminate the run game.
I'm no coach but a guy that size would have to move to OL. He couldn't get low enough to be a DT.

WTF do I know though. haha

Advertisement
Basketball heights are done in shoes. Football are done without.

Ex: 6ft6in basketball player is a 6ft4in football player.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back