65 scholarship players available

We have 75 scholarship players.
We have 11 seniors.
We have 5 kids red shirting.
We have around ten kids out with injuries. (Sunny,Cager, gray, gordinier, Willis, Thomas,Djax off the top of head)
We can sign around 32 kids in the 2017. 7 would have to be EEs that would count toward '16.

We have around 15 kids that don't belong at Miami. IMO

Advertisement
Those schools all have good coaches dummy.

Those coaches don't win without players. And none of them need Dade players.

Louisville has four Miami players, all recruited by Texas' former coach. None recruited by Petrino.

Washington doesn't have anyone from the entire state of Florida.

But we get four stars from Miami, as though that means something.

Advertisement
We have 11 seniors.
We have around ten kids out with injuries. (Sunny,Cager, gray, gordinier, Willis, Thomas,Djax off the top of head)
We can sign around 32 kids in the 2017. 7 would have to be EEs that would count toward '16.

good stuff,i agree get rid of foldens dead luggage

How has that affected our offense so far? Has that been a factor in us averaging 18 points per game over the last 3 against ****** defenses?

You guys who think you're doing UM and Rick any favors by making all these dopey excuses are doing nothing but fueling people to point out facts to refute this nonsense.

Our defense is decimated by injuries right now, and that's an absolutely valid reason for us to struggle on D. Offense? No, sir.

Richt's play calling has been bad. BK has played poorly. The offensive line is absolutely a liability. So numbers wise we are stocked on the OL. They are bad, and as of right now many of them shouldn't be at Miami. That absolutely has impacted our offense. If I told you that in the middle of the second quarter on 2 and 2 that we were going to have BK drop back 5 steps, what would your initial thought be? I would be scared to death of a strip sack. That is a ****ty OL.

I guess I don't understand why the problem is ONLY Richt sucks? Why can't it be that our OL is a FBS OL outside of some guards. Sonny is only decent tackle imo. Rest of OL aren't quick enough to play OT from what I have seen. Why can't it be that BK has regressed some? Why can't it be that Richt still hasn't had but one off season work out program?

There are problems for sure.

You know there's more that goes into bad/good OL play than "talent" of the individual players right? You know that bad blocking schemes, bad technique, and poor play calling can affect the play of the OL.

I sure hope so since I played OL in college! I totally get that you can mask some OL weaknesses with play calling and schemes. The coach can assist the technique component. But remember Glenn Cook? He was the guy who was always in the right spot, had the best technique, and was a coach on the field? He just wasn't very good. Do you understand that our OL is so poor that we can't even run a 5 step drop without fear and trepidation? It is a mess. CMR inherited this group of OL. CMR made the OL coaching hire . . . now we think Searles can't coach? Ok

Why are all those 4 stars and a 5 star on our OL such inferior talents?

Remember how bad all of our highly rated defensive players played under Folden?

Remember all the UM fans who used to dog the **** out of our defensive players calling them overrated and busts and soft and everything else because they couldn't stop anyone?

Remember Chad Thomas being derided for caring too much about music and not about football?

Remember all the ridicule Tracy Howard, who is a rookie NFL starter, heard for being too slow and overhyped?

It's not just Searels responsibility. His job is inextricably intertwined with Rick's job as OC. Searels isn't working independently. Those two are doing an awful job working together.

And Rick's work with Kaaya has been an embarrassment. He's got him completely shell shocked and frozen on the field to the point where he's holding the ball too long and walking into sacks.

We are regressing as an offense, and that's clearly not all as a result of talent just like it wasn't when our defense was walking in quicksand the last 4 years.

Because every 4 or 5 star player pans out right? Remember Ermon Lane as a 5 star receiver and chief Keef a 4 star dt? How did they turn out?

It is a combination of everything. The OL sucks and Brad Kaaya isn't making their job any easier by being a statue. Everybody was calling for the tightends to get involved more and that's exactly what we did. Is it Richts fault Njoku is dropping passes constantly and tripping over nothing? And I'm not even saying Richt is free of blame because some the calls are bad, but some of his calls are good where players have a chance to make a play and they aren't.

Last edited:
The playcalling has been a problem but only having 65 scholarship athletes is a massive disadvantage. Sure we have talent at starter but we have absolutely nothing behind them.

I still think we should have beat fsu and unc but i cant really put much blame on richt till we have 85 guys. If we were losing like this with 85 then yeah we have a serious problem.

Advertisement
The problem is most of those 65 suck.

Exactly!!!
You only need 44 to 48 good ones to win consistently! We don't even have that!!

You guys are right. Almost all of our players suck. It's a horrific roster.

We have 1 Elite player. Name 25 Good players on this team.

Walton
Yearby
Kaaya
Coley
Richards
Herndon
Njoku
4 DL two deep plus 2= 10
3 frosh LBs
Elder
Caarter

The problem is most of those 65 suck.

Exactly!!!
You only need 44 to 48 good ones to win consistently! We don't even have that!!

You guys are right. Almost all of our players suck. It's a horrific roster.

We have 1 Elite player. Name 25 Good players on this team.

Walton
Yearby
Kaaya
Coley
Richards
Herndon
Njoku
4 DL two deep plus 2= 10
3 frosh LBs
Elder
Caarter

The fact that those are our "good" players is why we are 4-3.

Advertisement
We have 11 seniors.

We've always had about 10 to 15 guys who don't belong at Miami, as recruiting is never completely precise. Even in our heyday, we had Jim Wilson and Jim Sikora on the roster. It would be nice to process some of them like Saban does and replace them with more guys who wind up panning out.

Advertisement
Richt's play calling has been bad. BK has played poorly. The offensive line is absolutely a liability. So numbers wise we are stocked on the OL. They are bad, and as of right now many of them shouldn't be at Miami. That absolutely has impacted our offense. If I told you that in the middle of the second quarter on 2 and 2 that we were going to have BK drop back 5 steps, what would your initial thought be? I would be scared to death of a strip sack. That is a ****ty OL.

I guess I don't understand why the problem is ONLY Richt sucks? Why can't it be that our OL is a FBS OL outside of some guards. Sonny is only decent tackle imo. Rest of OL aren't quick enough to play OT from what I have seen. Why can't it be that BK has regressed some? Why can't it be that Richt still hasn't had but one off season work out program?

There are problems for sure.

You know there's more that goes into bad/good OL play than "talent" of the individual players right? You know that bad blocking schemes, bad technique, and poor play calling can affect the play of the OL.

I sure hope so since I played OL in college! I totally get that you can mask some OL weaknesses with play calling and schemes. The coach can assist the technique component. But remember Glenn Cook? He was the guy who was always in the right spot, had the best technique, and was a coach on the field? He just wasn't very good. Do you understand that our OL is so poor that we can't even run a 5 step drop without fear and trepidation? It is a mess. CMR inherited this group of OL. CMR made the OL coaching hire . . . now we think Searles can't coach? Ok

Why are all those 4 stars and a 5 star on our OL such inferior talents?

Remember how bad all of our highly rated defensive players played under Folden?

Remember all the UM fans who used to dog the **** out of our defensive players calling them overrated and busts and soft and everything else because they couldn't stop anyone?

Remember Chad Thomas being derided for caring too much about music and not about football?

Remember all the ridicule Tracy Howard, who is a rookie NFL starter, heard for being too slow and overhyped?

It's not just Searels responsibility. His job is inextricably intertwined with Rick's job as OC. Searels isn't working independently. Those two are doing an awful job working together.

And Rick's work with Kaaya has been an embarrassment. He's got him completely shell shocked and frozen on the field to the point where he's holding the ball too long and walking into sacks.

We are regressing as an offense, and that's clearly not all as a result of talent just like it wasn't when our defense was walking in quicksand the last 4 years.

Because every 4 or 5 star player pans out right? Remember Ermon Lane as a 5 star receiver and chief Keef a 4 star dt? How did they turn out?

It is a combination of everything. The OL sucks and Brad Kaaya isn't making their job any easier by being a statue. Everybody was calling for the tightends to get involved more and that's exactly what we did. Is it Richts fault Njoku is dropping passes constantly and tripping over nothing? And I'm not even saying Richt is free of blame because some the calls are bad, but some of his calls are good where players have a chance to make a play and they aren't.
You've convinced me. All our players on offense coincidentally busted this year and are worse than they were last year.

Are you smart enough to realize the difference between all of our 4 and 5 stars coincidentally sucking at the same time, and you pointing out one guy Erma Lame (who wasn't a 5 star by the way)?

Those schools all have good coaches dummy.

Those coaches don't win without players. And none of them need Dade players.

Louisville has four Miami players, all recruited by Texas' former coach. None recruited by Petrino.

Washington doesn't have anyone from the entire state of Florida.

But we get four stars from Miami, as though that means something.

We need to dominate the State of Miami because it is where we are located and it also is an excellent recruiting area. I wonder if Michigan, Washington, Bama and OSU have good chunks of players from their home areas even though 3 of them usually go looking nationally?

Advertisement
Back