6 Games Left

Consigliere

All-American
We’re 16-9 (6-6) and we’ve been playing terrible basketball. In case you forgot, before today, we were 2-4 in our last 6 and 3 of those losses were to the bottom 5 in the conference.

Before BC, our RPI was 62, BPI was 54 and our SOS was 55.

As repeated 1000 times during the game, an unbiased party (Joe Lunardi) has us in the “first 4 out”. He also has 2 teams that we beat (Illinois and NC State) as the “last four in”. Now we all know that Lunardi is just giving an opinion and that opinion is worth ___________. I think the general consensus is we’re on the outside right now probably around where Lunardi has us.

I think everyone on the site could agree that we’ve lost our edge and we can’t get any momentum. The truth is we’re in “contention” yet we’re playing terrible.

There are two positive things out there:

1. We have 6 games left (+ ACC Tourney) and plenty of time to get into the tourney.

2. We’re capable of playing much better. If this terrible team is just on the outside, a decent or better team is probably in the tourney.

Who is left on the schedule?

VT

FSU

UNC

@UL

@VT

@PITT

4 of those teams have sub .500 records in the ACC. If we can get some rhythm and momentum we could win 4 of 6. Maybe it starts with a spark (like Burnett) and some consistent play. Perhaps Angel will shoot better.

I continue believe that the teams sitting around 20-35 (overall) are weak and interchangeable. Those teams are constantly moving around. If we could hit 10 ACC games, I like our chances of making the tourney without needing a lot of help in the ACC Tourney.

With all that said, I put our chances of winning 4 of 6 at 30%. It starts with VT on Wednesday. We haven't won two in a row since Sept 22 and 24.

Advertisement
Can't see us beating UNC, UL or Pitt for starters.

We could very well lose another or two.

Team is just frustrating and erratic to watch.

It all starts on the defensive end. I dont know if its all the lineup shuffling but we seem lost and unorganized so often. We cant continue to give up easy layups and open 3's. Angel was the heart of the team 1st half of the season but since losing his tough lots of different scorers have emerged but it usually takes us being down to start hitting shots. If we can find a lineup that plays well together we can get some momentum and make some noise if not it will be NIT bound.

Can't see us beating UNC, UL or Pitt for starters.

We could very well lose another or two.

Team is just frustrating and erratic to watch.

UNC and Pitt and very beatable. UL is just so tough because of the bigs they can play against us. All starts beating VT/FSU games at home. 4-2 and a game or 2 in ACC tourney should be enough to dance.

Advertisement
ijustwannadance-the-avengers-dance-it-out-in-this-parody-video.gif

Advertisement
I'd say 1-5 or 2-4.

Gotta go at least 4-2 to be in contention, and need some wins in the ACC tourney.

FSU will be the end, if we beat VT first.

I'd say 1-5 or 2-4.

Gotta go at least 4-2 to be in contention, and need some wins in the ACC tourney.

FSU will be the end, if we beat VT first.

FSU will be the end? We lost by one possession to them on their hold floor. Home court is worth more than a possession in college basketball no matter how many fans go show up at our games. I understand this team is inconsistent and can lose to anyone. But everyone should assume we will beat both FSU and VT at home. As for North Carolina, we are at home and that game is a toss up. We will have a good crowd and this team is talented enough to win that game. Louisville is obviously our toughest game but they just lost by double digits at home. We are capable of winning big on the road but this game is even tougher because of their length and size. Then there is at VT and at Pitt. We have been within a few possessions for every road game this year. You play two on the road to medicore teams and odds are we would win one of those games. In the end, this team will win at least 3. That's simply going off what this team has done in the ACC this year. And we know they are more talented than what they have shown.

Im afraid we only win 1 more the rest of the reg season.

Wow... stick to the football board!

HAHA right, the ridiculous negativty has crepted in the Hoops forums now?

Ha check my previous post. I'm not negative but I am a realist and we have lost 4 of 6 and the two wins were over the last place team in the conf in 2x overtime and a very overrated Clemson team.

We have lost to every bad team in conf and we are playing terrible basketball right now. I just can't see us Turing it around because it is no longer an aberration, angel has lost whatever he had and he is pulling the entire team down and they don't know how to move forward without him scoring 14/game.

I hope I'm wrong and I'll be at the ACC tourney regardless but time will tell.

Im afraid we only win 1 more the rest of the reg season.

Wow... stick to the football board!

HAHA right, the ridiculous negativty has crepted in the Hoops forums now?

Ha check my previous post. I'm not negative but I am a realist and we have lost 4 of 6 and the two wins were over the last place team in the conf in 2x overtime and a very overrated Clemson team.

We have lost to every bad team in conf and we are playing terrible basketball right now. I just can't see us Turing it around because it is no longer an aberration, angel has lost whatever he had and he is pulling the entire team down and they don't know how to move forward without him scoring 14/game.

I hope I'm wrong and I'll be at the ACC tourney regardless but time will tell.

If you are a realist, how do you only see us winning one game out of six? We have been competitive in every ACC game this year except one(GT). Four out of six of our games are against average to below average teams. We are guaranteed to be favorites in our two home games against VT and FSU and will probably be favored on the road against VT.

We've played some awful basketball. And I understand there is plenty of reason to be pessimistic. But this team has talent and they play hard. They are in every game and have played .500 basketball so far. Odds are they will win 3 out of 6 and the ACC tourney will decide their postseason fate.

Advertisement
Free Shoes will be the end, I predict. A bunch of big men, including that ***, retarded 7 foot kid ("Ferigno? Cologino? Whatever) who scored at will against us the first time.

We had a huge lead, and from then on, no Cane wanted anything to do with FSU. We make Hamilton look like Bob Knight, the way he outcoached us that second half.

That is if we show up at home and beat VT.

I was pretty confident about beating FSU and VA tech at home and after the boards clown prognosticator's prediction I am even more confident.

Advertisement
I think anybody who believes they have a solid read on this team, is absolutely full of ****.

The only thing we know is that we have no idea which team will show up on any given night. I'm hoping for a great stretch run, but won't be expecting it.

I think most are confused about our schedule. The games listed in the first post aren't in correct order. We play at Louisville saturday after our home game against vtech tonight. Favorite by 11 tonight.

Advertisement
Back