6 drafted players tied for 5th most

The weird part is it seemed all 7 of NC State's draft picks came off the D-line. In truth is was only 4, but that d-line is gonna be green next season.

At least their coach got a contract extension and some $$$. Curious to see how Kevin Patrick does with that d line this year.

Advertisement
Remember when we evaluated our performance in the NFL draft based on how many first rounders we had?
Don’t post facts and reality here if it ruffles the feathers of the “homer” herd. A realistic evaluation of Canes in draft vs other colleges would have been to rank and compare by how many first rounders, second rounders, third rounders etc. For instance a college that had 4 chosen in draft but 2 were first rounders and 2 were second rounders is more impressive than a school that had 7 in draft but no first rounders and most in 3- 5 rounds.

I think it’s a good look for the U to see how many people we’ve put in the draft that no one ever thought would be in the nfl. Any school can put a dude like that cause you never know about development of a player. But we do that sh.t on the reg.

Advertisement
Bad year TBH. Fruits of Golden recruiting. If RJ and Norton hadn't been misled by Ariz and Co. and stayed in school, we'd have had only 4 picks this year, coming off a season where we won the ACC coastal and at one point were ranked #2 in the country :****::****::****:

We have a lot of underclassmen on the roster, the loss of scholarship and attrition from the coaching change have our numbers a tad skewed. We should be back to higher picks and multiple guys drafted in the next two years which is direct reflection of hiring Richt and firing golden. RJ and Norton leaving early actully hurt next years numbers.

Peter ariz is an agent piece of **** and his going from fan to agent and talking to these kids is a huge conflict of interest that cost these kids a lot of money. Everyone knows RJ and Norton should have stayed one more year and selling then on this go pro early to get to your second contract faster crap and that they COULD be third round picks is terrible. His company won’t last long when Kendrick almost went undrsfted and rj went in the fifth round(I know they didn’t sign both but you better belive he tried). Peter does not have these kids best interest in mind and the well of kids he knew from highschool connections and relationships will dry up soon. Should have stuck with journalism, have to be a shark in that industry and not a fanboy from high school.

Happy they got drafted and will get an opputunity but enjoying one more free year of college and refining your imperfection would have made you a lot more money over a 4 year contract(Willis coming back could have played a part but don’t see either being afraid of competition).

I think the telling thing there is that NC State and UGA had a huge senior class. Also the more successful QBs play 4 years in college. Don't think this stuff is coincidental.

I think the telling thing there is that NC State and UGA had a huge senior class. Also the more successful QBs play 4 years in college. Don't think this stuff is coincidental.

4 out of the 5 QBs drafted in the first round where in college for only 3 years. So this draft definitely goes against your theory.

We have a lot of underclassmen on the roster, the loss of scholarship and attrition from the coaching change have our numbers a tad skewed. We should be back to higher picks and multiple guys drafted in the next two years which is direct reflection of hiring Richt and firing golden. RJ and Norton leaving early actully hurt next years numbers.

Peter ariz is an agent piece of **** and his going from fan to agent and talking to these kids is a huge conflict of interest that cost these kids a lot of money. Everyone knows RJ and Norton should have stayed one more year and selling then on this go pro early to get to your second contract faster crap and that they COULD be third round picks is terrible. His company won’t last long when Kendrick almost went undrsfted and rj went in the fifth round(I know they didn’t sign both but you better belive he tried). Peter does not have these kids best interest in mind and the well of kids he knew from highschool connections and relationships will dry up soon. Should have stuck with journalism, have to be a shark in that industry and not a fanboy from high school.

Happy they got drafted and will get an opputunity but enjoying one more free year of college and refining your imperfection would have made you a lot more money over a 4 year contract(Willis coming back could have played a part but don’t see either being afraid of competition).

RJ wasn't a client associated with Pete's company (he's just the communications director, not an agent). Norton is a client of the company Pete's with.

Advertisement
4 out of the 5 QBs drafted in the first round where in college for only 3 years. So this draft definitely goes against your theory.
Funny how I said more successful QBs. Play 4 years. Brady, Peyton, Ryan, Eli, Rivers, Brees. and whoever else. Played 4 years of college ball.

Last edited:
Funny how I said more successful QBs. Play 4 years. Brady, Peyton, Ryan, Eli, Rivers, Brees. and whoever else. Played 4 years of college ball.

You said it directly after a statement about the draft so it seemed like you where saying this draft somehow proves that point. What about Cam Newton, Stafford, and Luck. Just some recent names. Montana only played 3 years of college as well. I would love to see a statistic of all the QBs that stay in college for four years and then compare the success to the QBs that declare after three years. I bet the massive amount of 4 year busts would weigh down the average.

You said it directly after a statement about the draft so it seemed like you where saying this draft somehow proves that point. What about Cam Newton, Stafford, and Luck. Just some recent names. Montana only played 3 years of college as well. I would love to see a statistic of all the QBs that stay in college for four years and then compare the success to the QBs that declare after three years. I bet the massive amount of 4 year busts would weigh down the average.
Naw you assumed that because they got drafted high they were successful. I said played 4 years. Doesn't matter where you get drafted. Luck played 4 years at Stanford. Not nearly as many QBs who leave early turn out as good as qbs who leave after their senior year.

Naw you assumed that because they got drafted high they were successful. I said played 4 years. Doesn't matter where you get drafted. Luck played 4 years at Stanford. Not nearly as many QBs who leave early turn out as good as qbs who leave after their senior year.

No. Because you are in a thread about the draft so one would assume you are referring to this draft class. Otherwise you could bring that point up in any thread. Luck didn't play 4 years he redshirted his first year. That stat is wrong. Think about how many QBs stay all 4 years and compare that to the player who jump early. You have a much bigger selection pool. There are obviously more busts that played 4 years than busts who played 3 years as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back