6 Canes on 2024 HOF ballot

Still remember him missing a wide open Muhammad in the back of the EZ, & Moose was like WTF? We had a great def that yr, & a hella strong run game. HESTER GOT US STARTED ASAP, becoming the first ever to run back an opening K for a TD in SB History (til this day). And…..

Man, it’s tough being a Canes’ & Bears’ fan in the 21st century. Lol
If you’re not a cheesehead, a Miami/NFC North Combo makes for a terrible football season.

Advertisement
#4 to Canton....
CAM00028.jpg

Hester was the one return guy that you wanted to make sure you were in your seat or in front of your TV or back in your seat or back in front of of your TV after halftime before the KO came and you never got up early to go get food or a drink on 4th down until AFTER the fair catch had been given or the ball hit out of bounds which was often .

Guy was unreal and it’s a shame he didn’t have better hands or route running ability at WR or he’d of been unreal even though I don’t think coaches wanted to have him running pass patterns cause he was so important on returns.

Advertisement
That makes 10 with probably Wayne. Andre johnson, gore and maybe wilfork, calais campbell in the future. Would love to take the all time hof lead
I think your maybes probably have the best chance of making it in that group. At least Wilfork feels like a lock. He won too many rings and was integral to NE’s success on defense to not get in.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Best NT of all time??.....he's not even the best NT in UM History. (Nosetackle and DT are the same, except the NT aligns with the center) Vince isn't even a Top 5 DT in UM History.
Just because he was top 5 at Miami doesn’t mean he isn’t qualified to be a HOfmer. There are some cases where kids perform better in the pros than college. Wilfork will definetly be in it one day.

Advertisement
This is my favorite Tirico call ever. Every time I hear him on NBC I think of this game!
Without a doubt, the most electrifying return man in the history of the game. DH was must watch TV. The way he broke ankles and lost zero speed is legendary. He always looked like he was shot out of a cannon. We haven’t seen speed like this at the U in years.

Without a doubt, the most electrifying return man in the history of the game. DH was must watch TV. The way he broke ankles and lost zero speed is legendary. He always looked like he was shot out of a cannon. We haven’t seen speed like this at the U in years.

Generational speed. We WONT see that ever again unless we're dealing with another generational type player

Best NT of all time??.....he's not even the best NT in UM History. (Nosetackle and DT are the same, except the NT aligns with the center) Vince isn't even a Top 5 DT in UM History.
Yes, there are many players that outperformed Vince at the DT position, but I would argue there aren’t many players in the history of the NFL to outperform him at NT. Specifically, he was a beast against the run. Many players were better at producing sacks and getting upfield. Not too many that required a double team on any inside run for as long as he did. I don’t think the Patriots would have traded him straight up for Reggie Wayne. I also don’t think they would have traded him for many other DT during their run. They likely trade him for Haloti Ngata and Ndamukong Suh, but that’s it. No disrespect to Wayne, but I’m taking Vince first.

Advertisement
Back