6-0 4th and 2 punt

killacane

Sophomore
I looked my buddy when we decided to punt and said we will lose after that. They hadn't stopped us running at all until that point and coach Wannstedt decided to punt after settling for two FGs early. This conservative BS does not work.

Advertisement
There were multiple 4th and shorts all game we should have gone for. It is a bowl game and it gets the players excited. Golden's psychology degree did not help him out at all.

I agree.

That decision changed the momentum of the game.

And Al's philosophy to play not to lose - instead of trying to win - resonates with the players. Especially in a meaningless bowl game.

Despite all their bluster about toughness, grit, heart, determination, wanting it more and all the other dumbass cliches they throw out, most football coaches are world class pussies. Al Golden is no exception and in fact he is an exceptional *****. There are multiple times every game where Golden's nuts suck up to somewhere around his sternum. Nothing makes Golden's miniscule flaccid **** harden faster than the opportunity to kick a FG or go "by the book" when it comes to punting the ball away.

Because in a football coaches mind, it's better to lose by the book than try to win unconventionally and lose.

Terrible call. We are ****ed until Al is gone. Some think changing position coaches will help......LOL. I wish Big *** Al and Stupid **** Dorito would catch Ebola

Advertisement
Despite all their bluster about toughness, grit, heart, determination, wanting it more and all the other dumbass cliches they throw out, most football coaches are world class pussies. Al Golden is no exception and in fact he is an exceptional ****. There are multiple times every game where Golden's nuts suck up to somewhere around his sternum. Nothing makes Golden's miniscule flaccid **** harden faster than the opportunity to kick a FG or go "by the book" when it comes to punting the ball away.

Because in a football coaches mind, it's better to lose by the book than try to win unconventionally and lose.

This is why I loved Chip Kelly as a college coach. The funny thing is the numbers tend to show 4th and short is slight better than 50/50 but the so called book says to punt.

Belichick has made a career on going for it, the numbers are much better than people think and if running the ball is a strength on your team and a weakness on theirs.....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back