The Svengali

Sophomore
Is he living up to the billing or is he a JAG?

From my perspective, his overall play has been incredibly “concerning,” for lack of a better word.

But it’s not just his overall play, it’s what I’m seeing physically. He doesn’t have the feet to play tackle, and seems to have enough power or quickness to play guard. Namely, he can’t get to blocking assignments quick enough when asked to pull, and saw him pancaked on the blocked PAT

Advertisement

From my perspective, his overall play has been incredibly “concerning,” for lack of a better word.

But it’s not just his overall play, it’s what I’m seeing physically. He doesn’t have the feet to play tackle, and seems to have enough power or quickness to play guard. Namely, he can’t get to blocking assignments quick enough when asked to pull, and saw him pancaked on the blocked PAT
In the UNC game I saw him pull to block the backside end twice and get absolutely beat. I have no idea why Enos thought he could do that.

Advertisement
Lets remember he was an Average Al recruit.

Great kid who will be a great contributor to society but not a typical Miami MLB.

Im talking about Navaughn Donaldson....our starting left guard.

3rd year starter and we still haven’t seen him make the jump. At what point is he a JAG?

Last edited:
In the UNC game I saw him pull to block the backside end twice and get absolutely beat. I have no idea why Enos thought he could do that.

He wasn’t just beat on those two occasions, he was physically incapable of getting there. He was moving as fast as he could, but was still 2 steps too slow

Advertisement
Jag imo

Dude is too slow to even play guard and doesnt maul anyone on the running game. Dude is always unbalanced

Advertisement
He's our best offensive linemen and it's not even close. Watch the film and see who's the most consistent player on our line.

Enos asked a 340lbs behemoth to pull and beat a backside blitzer to the edge. That's a coach asking too much of his players and not best utilizing his personnel. I don't fault Donaldson on that, I fault Enos.

On the missed kick, Donaldson never anchored down and was put on skates by two UNC defenders. I still expect him to make the block though.

in game one he allowed zero QB pressures against a **** good line. Are you basing this on one play where he slipped on a kick or are you watching him play after play? He definitely isn't a tackle but seems decent on the inside. He hasn't been as good as expected but he's been moved around all over and had to play next to ****** lines so its hard to judge him.

Advertisement

#55 is not a jag...

He hasn't lived up to the hype (has a south Florida OL ever?) but he's been a solid starter. He's not a tackle so the previous staff wasted a year of his development forcing him to play outside but he's generally solid at guard. I guess the whole idea of getting him to slim down a little has gone out the window because he's still pushing 350.

This is the downside of recruiting an offensive lineman who is already maxed out his size by high school. Was he really a great lineman or was he just bigger and stronger than 99% of the guys he was going against?

Gotta love our fans. Dude is asked to pull block against a quick DE across the line and now he's a JAG. **** the fact that he was a Freshman All-American. Not All-Conference...ALL-AMERICAN. He was literally one of the only bright spots last year (when the staff wasn't playing him at RT).

Lets remember he was an Average Al recruit.

Great kid who will be a great contributor to society but not a typical Miami MLB.

On the note of Shaq, go fck yourself. "Average AI recruit"? Dude was ranked as one of the top 50 recruits in the nation at one point. Finished as a top 5 ILB and a high 4*. Half of the big dogs wanted him and he blew em all off including going up to UF in Cane gear and giving them the biggest of smirks. Dude had commit-able offers from Georgia, UF, OSU, Clemson, Auburn, Michigan, and Penn St. All 3 of them cats(Pinckney and McCloud had the ACC scared for the future after their freshman year and you can go back and read the interviews from coaches on that sht.

Advertisement
Back