2014 NT Courtel Jenkins 6'2" 320lbs from NJ as UM Prospect

Paranos

All-ACC
2014 NT Courtel Jenkins 6'2" 320lbs from St. Anthony (Jersey City, NJ) is a naturally strong big body that is cat quick in a phone both, which is what you want from NT in a read and react system.

Jenkins doesn't come from a High School with a very developed S&C so future development will be key as he may be raw in that department, but again he has incredible functional strength on the field. His 40yd times are unimpressive to say the least but what is impressive is his initial burst which is what NT needs in that 5 - 10 yd LOS area. He is strong at holding the point of attack but also is equally adapt with disengaging from OL's using various moves. He has quick violent hands which is true equalizer when facing a stronger appoint in the trenches, this should allow him to win a few early battles in college against older players. But I am thinking a red-shirt year would do wonders for this young or Early Enrollment in order to go through a college S&C and spring practice.

Some have questioned St. Anthony's competition and lack of resources, in 4 years they have won 27 games but only beaten 2 teams with winning records. They have lost 3 of 4 playoff games by a score 112-20 and supposedly the playoff team they beat had a 2-7 record. But you can't penalize Jenkins to much for lack of competition because he dominates at camps, winning the 2012 NUC Camp DL MVP the state of New Jersey.

Jenkins currently holds 1 offer from Pitt and several schools have been heavily recruiting him but want him to camp on campus first or wait for SR season evaluations. Some heavy hitters have been down to see him such as - Michigan, Ohio State, Rutgers, Pitt, Florida State, and he has spoken to a couple of Alabama coaches. An that was from his sophomore year going into his JR year, an BAMA doesn't leave the south for their big boys unless they see something special.

Jenkins has a strong interest in UM, and considering his favorite player is RAY LEWIS and before every game he plays a video of Ray Lewis, I would say he would be a cane lock if offered by UM. I am hoping UM picks up their recruit of this Young New Jersey manchild to include him a DT class of Clark, Moten, and Jenkins would be a good haul of kids.

Go Canes

NUC Q&A with Jenkins
www.nationalunderclassmen.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23100&ATCLID=205694478

NUC Ranks Jenkins #2 DT in country
www.nationalunderclassmen.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23100&ATCLID=205427880

2012 New Jersey NUC Camp
[video=youtube;XtzWhYiaa-U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtzWhYiaa-U[/video]

2014 DT Courtel Jenkins (#70) Jr Year Highlights from 2012
[video=youtube;VHRNPyTEpbk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHRNPyTEpbk[/video]

Advertisement
Paranos found a DT?

31.gif

Advertisement
Didn't know St Anthony's played football...I'd be more impressed if he played power forward for St. Anthony's

looks like a fatter Darius Smith

This kid is a top 15 player in talent rich nj and if OSU, MICH, AND BAMA are all ready to offer him an just want put him through some drills that says a lot about his potential. Especially since they hardly ever leave SEC Country to recruit linemen.

Also this kid looks nothing like D. Smith who by the way had Zero offers coming out of high school in CT and the same coming out of juco. So that is weak comparison. Also NUC considers Jenkin's the 2nd best DT in the country behind K. Clark, both of whom would be killer in this UM class.

Go Canes

This kid is a top 15 player in talent rich nj and if OSU, MICH, AND BAMA are all ready to offer him an just want put him through some drills that says a lot about his potential. Especially since they hardly ever leave SEC Country to recruit linemen.

Also this kid looks nothing like D. Smith who by the way had Zero offers coming out of high school in CT and the same coming out of juco. So that is weak comparison. Also NUC considers Jenkin's the 2nd best DT in the country behind K. Clark, both of whom would be killer in this UM class.

Go Canes

Never discuss religion, politics or.... DT's with Paranos

Precious has nice hands but is slow as ****.
His 5.73 40 is almost as impressive as his offer list for someone that's considered the #2 DT by NUC yet only offered by Pitt. Not that ranking matter but he's not ranked by rivals, 247 or scout....

All this work to find us a player at a position we are deperte for and you barely have any rep. + rep my friend. Great work

Advertisement
Thanks for the analysis, Paranos. I agree that he has good explosion for a big guy who hasn't been developed. Do you know if he'll be camping this summer? I would expect him to get a lot of interest if he shows up to one of Golden's camps.

When it comes to obscure defensive tackles, nobody better in the recruiting game then Paranos. He spots that talent like no one else. He got Savon Jacobs to Wagner.

Last week Jenkins won NUC overall camp MVP for 2013. UM needs to get on this kid before its to late, especially after watching the spring game performance, there where a lot of massive wholes.

Go Canes.

http://www.nationalunderclassmen.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23100&ATCLID=207141461

This is video from the camp and makes me wonder about the competition at this camp the kid CJ is going against is listed as 6'3" 290lbs but is terrible. CJ definitely needs to hit some camps but I think the raw tools maybe there.
[video=youtube;HcL3d63PHXk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcL3d63PHXk[/video]

Go Canes

PS: for those that doubt my evaluation skills, last year I was jumping and down a 2013 NT tyrique Jarrett from Milford Prep who's only offer was from PITT. Well go watch the Pitt spring game on ESPN3 he is #54, and keep in mind he is playing against a PITT oline that took Notre Dames defense behind the wood shed at ND an almost won the game. They only played Jarrett in spot duty for the spring game because he was destroying the online, even the announcer commented on it.

Last edited:

Go Canes

Never discuss religion, politics or.... DT's with Paranos

Precious has nice hands but is slow as ****.
His 5.73 40 is almost as impressive as his offer list for someone that's considered the #2 DT by NUC yet only offered by Pitt. Not that ranking matter but he's not ranked by rivals, 247 or scout....

Using a 40 to critique a DT? That's pretty weak man

Advertisement
Dont remember if it was paranos, but someone kept raving about Brandon Ivory when nobody heard of him and he had no offers. Then he signed with bama.

Hey Paronas... have you scouted this guy? His stock is rising fast.

103.jpg

[video=youtube;4cu_iFH_r_A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cu_iFH_r_A&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Advertisement
Paranos: There are a lot of immature teenage **** sucking little pricks on this board. Just freaking ignore these pimple faced little *****. Thanks for your info. By the way. We have had a great DT haul the last 3 years and that is why these pricks don't give a fruck about any info on DTs. Keep the info flowing and ignore these scums.

Bigsonnyu,

You sir are a grade A world wide 5 star a-hole. Based on my scouting report of you.

At least that kid is following a dream, who are you crap on it.

Bigsonnyu,

You sir are a grade A world wide 5 star a-hole. Based on my scouting report of you.

At least that kid is following a dream, who are you crap on it.

Why bother with these jail bait gerbil loving asstunnels. Just press ignore on these soap bending pricksss.

Advertisement
Back