5 Year 247comp Rolling Average Chart

Advertisement
Great to see we are trending in the right direction despite some of the major recruiting misses. Hopefully we can put it together SOONER rather than later and make one of these playoffs. Felt like we really let a great opportunity slip thru our fingers last year with that disaster at Pitt....

The committee would have had a difficult time overlooking us without that loss

This season:
- Win the Coastal/ACC Championship game
- Top 8 recruiting class

Next season:
- Undefeated regular reason
- Lose ACC championship game to Clemson (much closer this year)
- Shafted for a playoff spot
- Top 5 recruiting class

2019-2020 season:
- #1 recruiting class

Seeing where Clemson is ranked makes what they've done the last two years all the more impressive.

I also think this is LOL worthy: F$U (5.2), L$U (6.4), Tenne$$ee (12.4), A-2-M (12.8), and fLorida (13.4) all ahead of Miami (16.2). Not to say any of us would argue UM's 15 & 16 classes should have been rated higher, but with the combination of poor coaching and under-performance those teams are in disarray while Richt and his staff have coached'em up and gotten our 15/16 boys to help lay the foundation.

As mentioned above, Richt's combined avg between Georgia and UM is 8.4. If you are averaging top 10 over any consecutive 5 year span, you should absolutely be able to contend. We are moving in the right direction. 2017 we got ahead of schedule. 2018 we prob hold the line at 10 wins, maybe 11. 2019 and beyond WE BACK.

Advertisement
I wish somebody would make an "after the fact" list ranking classes after they've played 4 (or 3) years of college. It's all great and good to have a class that's ranked highly before a single player ever takes the field but if your class bombs *cough fsu* there should be a post career class ranking too.

Great to see we are trending in the right direction despite some of the major recruiting misses. Hopefully we can put it together SOONER rather than later and make one of these playoffs. Felt like we really let a great opportunity slip thru our fingers last year with that disaster at Pitt....

The committee would have had a difficult time overlooking us without that loss

What?

There is a zero percent chance we would have gotten in as a 11-1 team over an 11-1 Alabama. Zero, especially the way the Clemson game turned out.

And getting more talent makes making the Playoff more likely. We were like 20th in recruiting talent last year, and CIS thinks its a disaster we didn't make the Playoff. We're getting better, and as long as that continues we'll be a perennial contender

What?

There is a zero percent chance we would have gotten in as a 11-1 team over an 11-1 Alabama. Zero, especially the way the Clemson game turned out.

And getting more talent makes making the Playoff more likely. We were like 20th in recruiting talent last year, and CIS thinks its a disaster we didn't make the Playoff. We're getting better, and as long as that continues we'll be a perennial contender

I agree that Bama would have eventually gotten the nod. I think it would have been a lot more interesting debate than the one they were having over Ohio State and others. I mean it's all hindsight now, but with the way the Clemson game went and how our "close wins" happened throughout the season the committee would have had Bama in at the end of the day. Can't lose by 30+ in a conference title game and claim you are a legitimate playoff team at the end of the day.

Advertisement
the interesting thing is this list is completely consistent with the current product on the field. a couple more solid top 10 recruiting classes and we will be in the playoff conversation on a regular basis.

I agree we are trending positive but please check your math. Thx

What am I missing?

2014-2016 UGA 8,6,7
2017,2018 UM 13,8

(8+6+7+13+8)/5 = 8.4

If I got this wrong do I get partial credit since I showed my work? Don't we all get passing grades and trophies just for participating now?

String together a few years of top 10 classes, and you’re pretty much on equal footing with anyone. I doubt these fake recruiting gurus are so dialed in that they can differentiate between a bunch of 7th rated classes and 3rd ranked.

The absolute key after you build up your talent base with 4 or 5 consecutive top 10 classes is to get yourself a transcendent QB like Clemson and FSU did. Once you’re loaded with top 10 talent you can beat anyone if you have a great QBs.

What am I missing?

2014-2016 UGA 8,6,7
2017,2018 UM 13,8

(8+6+7+13+8)/5 = 8.4

If I got this wrong do I get partial credit since I showed my work? Don't we all get passing grades and trophies just for participating now?

Yeah you get partial credit showing your math but that’s not the problem. You must have did this equation with your homer glasses on. The 2016 UM class has to be Richt’s, so that changes the numbers a bit.

So yes to your credit we are trending upwards, but not in the top 10 average just yet.

Advertisement
I think recruiting is almost where it needs to be.

We need to be getting 1-2 5 Star guys each year vs. 1 5 Star guy every 3 years.

Surtain, Campbell, Jeudy, Bosa, McFadden, Cook, Michel - I know we can't get them all, but we have to start getting some of them.

Just 1 or 2 truly elite playmakers on both sides of the ball can get us over the top.

Yeah you get partial credit showing your math but that’s not the problem. You must have did this equation with your homer glasses on. The 2016 UM class has to be Richt’s, so that changes the numbers a bit.

So yes to your credit we are trending upwards, but not in the top 10 average just yet.

I dont think that 2016 UM class is fair to give credit to Richt for and I dont think the 2016 UGA is fair to give credit to him or Smart. I think the best thing to do would be to throw out the 2016 classe from the equation and instead use:

2014-2015 UGA 8,6,
2016 - Incomplete
2017,2018 UM 13,8

(8+6+13+8)/4= 8.75

So a slight increase

Advertisement
Not worth reading who cares about numbers of players that are not on the team. ...They don't take player attrition, player development, transfers or other factors into consideration...

Not worth reading who cares about numbers of players that are not on the team. ...They don't take player attrition, player development, transfers or other factors into consideration...

Sure and those are certainly variables, but do you not think that teams that start with more players can better weather the negatives (or boost the positives) of those factors?

Last edited:
I dont think that 2016 UM class is fair to give credit to Richt for and I dont think the 2016 UGA is fair to give credit to him or Smart. I think the best thing to do would be to throw out the 2016 classe from the equation and instead use:

2014-2015 UGA 8,6,
2016 - Incomplete
2017,2018 UM 13,8

(8+6+13+8)/4= 8.75

So a slight increase

Agreed and we’ll done A+ lol

Which has to be by design when you think about it. e.g.,...you're arguing for a 5 star that wont make it past a couple semesters and I'm arguing for the 4 star that has legit potential to finish college. If these #s accounted for attrition, they'd be giving you a pass for going with the dropout.

Advertisement
Back