5 star Linebacker enters the portal: USC LB Palaie Gaoteote (now w/ 90% more inevitable whining over LB recruiting)

These r highlights. EVERYONE LOOKS GOOD IN HIGHLIGHTS! Lol. ****, Lonzo Ball looked like the next coming of Magic Johnson in his highlights! Lol.

And The B Gorman kids r going to try get all their friends. Lol. Don’t hold ur breath on this one. Personally, I hope he comes simply b/c I want some door cracked to my usos to come here, but don’t hold ur breath. Really, REALLY good chance he stays out West.
Tell you ma dawg but c’mon man!! Where are McCloud’s highlights show me those.. steeds? And Jennings? None of the guys we have look like this dude. The bishop guys and their friends are our best players btw. But my question to you is why do you say there’s no chance he comes here?

Advertisement
It is very weird to me that huff hasn’t received any snaps yet but cave has. Throw the no spring excuse out the window. He’s probably a transfer candidate
What's weird about it?.

Hes a rs freshman. And he has received defensive snaps earlier in the season.
Cave is starting to come along at a good rate though. Cave literally only has 3 more tackles than him. I think alot of yall dont pay attention during the games much.

Tell you ma dawg but c’mon man!! Where are McCloud’s highlights show me those.. steeds? And Jennings? None of the guys we have look like this dude. The bishop guys and their friends are our best players btw. But my question to you is why do you say there’s no chance he comes here?
Polynesian community, my g. I grew up around them; very close knit community. It’s why I’ve advocated that we get a coach on staff who’s either Polynesian or have had success recruiting players that are Polynesian.

It’s also why I do want him so we can open some sort of door to this community.

Last edited:
This dude is PERFECT for our attacking defense!!! At worst (if he is healthy, he’s had injuries) he would be a faster, quicker SHAQ! We can take him out or have him spy/blitz on third downs. But for two downs he will lay fools out! He’s better than anyone we have right now. You can see on film his talent.
Meh... I will say if he comes here he’s going to have to clean up that tackling of his.

I mean just look at how we reviving the transfers careers.. so far so good.. everyone needs a restart and our university happens to be the place. That's why I want Mckenzie Milton here it's time Miami takes advantage of this sports media once and for all..

Advertisement
Polynesian community, my g. I grew up around them; very close & love community. It’s why I’ve advocated that we get a coach on staff who’s either Polynesian or have had success recruiting players that are Polynesian.

Hopefully we get him to open that door to the community.

Polynesian community, my g. I grew up around them; very close & love community. It’s why I’ve advocated that we get a coach on staff who’s either Polynesian or have had success recruiting players that are Polynesian.

I lived in Hawaii for the last 10+ years (the Tagaviolas lived a couple blocks away from me in Ewa Beach). Agree completely. It's not like normal recruiting where you just have to sell a kid on the program or show how many draft picks you've sent to the NFL. A lot of polynesian players won't think twice about going to some nowhere school like Washington State U over much higher profile programs like UF or UM if WSU has a polynesian staff member or if there are bunch of other polynesian players there already.

It's an interesting culture. I did some work in American Samoa and most mainlanders won't believe that they still have a rigid hierarchical system with village chiefs (matai). And it's not in name only- the chiefs still call the shots. Even in the military it can cause issues- you may have a low ranking enlisted dude that is related to the matai, and a higher ranking military member has to tread carefully because it is a matter of respect. All it takes is one dude on staff to get things rolling.

I did too. I played at unlv with a bunch of them. I used to date one for years. They stay close, I get that. But he is not staying on the west coast if he wants a good team. They all trash rn. But his brother is leaning MSU out of nowhere.. I just feel like since his boys are here, they’re like family too. And seeing the success these guys had had him looking. And that can make a difference here.

Advertisement
He's a phenomenally talented LB. I was a little worried about Phillip's concussion history, but thought that playing DE might be a little less dangerous for his brain matter than LB, since there should be fewer high speed collisions between two players running at each other full speed. I think there is little chance that Gaoteote could play DE at 6'2". I think if the roster gets expanded because of COVID, he's a take 100%. He would give the DC a lot of flexibility to switch from a 4-2-5 to a 4-3 as the situation dictates.
True
He is an athlete for sure

Advertisement

Since we're talking about polynesian linebackers go get this dude. Sure he'll be in the portal soon

Miami's a long way from Polynesia!

Advertisement

Since we're talking about polynesian linebackers go get this dude. Sure he'll be in the portal soon

Man, I’ve been wanting my usos to be on this team for a minute. Definition of tough, and not w the b.s. Crazy & loyal.....if u got their back. But we have not made them a priority in the recruiting scene, haven’t hired any coaches w/ familiarly in their community, and last checked, Miami don’t have a Polynesian community like the West, Northwest & now TX & VA.

Mich St have a shot at the Gaoteote brothers b/c they have, if not mistaken, two coaches on staff familiar w/ recruiting Polynesian kids at previous stops, plus they have an uso from Bishop Gorman who played w Gaoteote already on the squad.

I just want the door to be opened here, whether it’s Gaoteote or To’oto’o (if he becomes available).

I did too. I played at unlv with a bunch of them. I used to date one for years. They stay close, I get that. But he is not staying on the west coast if he wants a good team. They all trash rn. But his brother is leaning MSU out of nowhere.. I just feel like since his boys are here, they’re like family too. And seeing the success these guys had had him looking. And that can make a difference here.

MSU have a former teammate from Gorman that’s also Polynesian on their squad; and two coaches familiar w the scene. That’s how MSU came out of no where.

My thing is, will BJ or/& Bolden even be here next season???

And oh; u mention highlights. Lol. Well, if this guy don’t get u juiced to dawn the orange & green......

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back