5 star Linebacker enters the portal: USC LB Palaie Gaoteote (now w/ 90% more inevitable whining over LB recruiting)

Advertisement
D Smith -bama
Greene- neb
Marshall - **** em
Hasselwood (ou)
Cooper ( bama)
Smith I always knew was gonna hurt...

He would have taken this offense to another level right now...

Curious as to how Hasselwood would have been here... but seems to be a bust as he seems to be getting lost in the wash with more kids coming in with equal talent... Portal watch?

Curious as to how Hasselwood would have been here... but seems to be a bust as he seems to be getting lost in the wash with more kids coming in with equal talent... Portal watch?
That catch D. Smith had the other day was amazing.

Thought he was good but he's better than I thought.

Wasn't a big fan of Haselwood - not explosive enough, IMO.

Advertisement

I was never big on JH, I never saw explosion or anything that separated him as a five star. His safety play intrigued me more.

Hope they can pull this kid he just screams a guy that can thrive in this defense and he is 100x the Lbs we got rn

No, he wasn’t. He’s been pretty pedestrian there. He had a total of 58 tackles last season w/ only 3 being TFL. He’s had a total of 5 TFLs in his entire career. He’s avg. 2 tackles/g this season.

Regardless, we have 0.1% chance of getting this kid. As I’ve told u all here for yrs, The Polynesian community is very close knit. Bishop Gorman connections have chit to do w him coming here. We need coaches who are familiar w that scene, a coach who is Polynesian or another Polynesian kid to be on the team. My guess is he stays out West.
He only played against arizona and got hurt against arizona st. So that's more like 4.5 tackles a game. 2019 he averaged 7 tackles a game. He has 7.5 tfls in in his first two years and some schemes the linebackers won't get alot of tfls. He could be good in the right system. He doesn't fit in our defense. Too big too slow and way too injury prone

Advertisement
It's a strange reaction on their board. People who knew him from HS or who watch HS film feel he is a better edge guy than ILB. They also feel like he never really came back to his freshman year form after injury . The majority just feel like he has never been properly developed by their defensive staff. Ironically, the posts about this kid sound alot like stuff said here about some of the Canes.
He did play end his freshman season for a few games

He’s had 100 tackles in 2.5 yrs champ. His Freshman yr he had 38 tackles & his Soph yr he had 58 tackles. This yr, he’s at 9 tackles in 4 games. He’s no where playing what his star level had him at. He was the #1 ILB in the class of ‘18 & hasn’t dominated like they had hoped.
He's only played a couple games this year. He got the 58 tackles in 8 games before injury. That's 7 a game. His freshman season was cut short also. Not saying he's great. I don't want him. I don't think he fits our scheme
Using those numbers to skew your argument there my friend lol he had 105 tackles in 17 games at USC, and he didn't start every game as a Freshman. he played 2 games this year.

This wouldn't be the first time Clancy Pendergast ruined a talented player's college career. That's been his specialty at USC
Was just about to say the same. The one thing I don't like is his injury history. He has missed time in every season.

I was never big on JH, I never saw explosion or anything that separated him as a five star. His safety play intrigued me more.
His ability to high point and hands were elite. We’ll see how the first looks post injury. He absolutely was a five star talent. He can’t be trusted. If he doesn’t mature emotionally, he won’t be more than another where are they now in seven years. Funny you remember that part of his game. He would have been a good one. I think he preferred the attention he received on offense more. Definitely had that dog in him.

The flip that annoyed me the most was Tyler Byrd, was throwing up the U at the all american game with Shaq, by NSD he was already flipped Tennessee then started saying we were trying to pay kids, while being **** near 20 years old, what weirdo. He ain't even sniff the nfl

Advertisement
He hasn’t been good at USC.
I heard
There’s only so many spots available and there’s going to be really good players available at this position and others. Like I’ve said it’s free agency like we’ve never seen. So we are going to fill up before the portal is unleashed? I’m just playing devils advocate.

Y’all are acting like the dude at the club wanting to f the first girl that walks through the door because she’s a solid six. If your patient there’ll be an eight.
youre missing the point of free agency. You work to try to get the biggest star in the free agency pool. He’s the highest rated TP eligible player.has connections here and manny is the Transfer Portal Gawd so you try to get him. Especially with slim hopes of getting JP15 back

He is decent but theres certainly the option to wait. Especially with the IC rules.

But if you all are concerned about injury histories, you wouldnt have taken Jaelan in the first place.

I heard

youre missing the point of free agency. You work to try to get the biggest star in the free agency pool. He’s the highest rated TP eligible player.has connections here and manny is the Transfer Portal Gawd so you try to get him. Especially with slim hopes of getting JP15 back

Some times the person who thinks the other is missing the point has actually missed the point himself. If you get my point?

Bigger fish will be coming. That's the point.

Advertisement
Just don’t think this guy is a fit in our defense. We don’t need him IMO.

Brooks, Flagg, Austin-Cave, Huff then the recruits like Johnson and Troutman maybe even Davis.

Need CB and DE in portal. Potentially a QB if King leaves.

The flip that annoyed me the most was Tyler Byrd, was throwing up the U at the all american game with Shaq, by NSD he was already flipped Tennessee then started saying we were trying to pay kids, while being **** near 20 years old, what weirdo. He ain't even sniff the nfl

His “announcement” video with that RB (Fils-Aime or something like that) was one of the most cringeworthy things I’ve seen.

Only way I turn this kid down completely is if we swing and miss on T2.

Folks we have Bama game 1..you can never have enough grown men when you are playing an elite level team. I know spots are limited and this kid probably doesnt come though.

That said, him going to Mich State..sheesh..talk about walking into a wasteland. Hes going to spend his last year in college cold as **** every day and getting his **** pushed in every week.

It is very weird to me that huff hasn’t received any snaps yet but cave has. Throw the no spring excuse out the window. He’s probably a transfer candidate

Advertisement
Back