5 star Linebacker enters the portal: USC LB Palaie Gaoteote (now w/ 90% more inevitable whining over LB recruiting)

Advertisement
Not gonna lie, always did want to start a Polynesian pipeline up at Miami. They are great in the trenches and at LB
I was gonna start a thread about that a couple weeks back. About if Tua has success as a Fin could that help the Canes get some Pacific islanders in here.

I mean a successful Pacific Islander QB in NFL in Miami has to be a beacon for some talent to come.

Advertisement
who has? No one has said we are getting Lewis.
True.

The last couple of months I haven’t said Lewis is coming or not coming . If anyone said he was coming before that they’re 100% full of **** or guessing. He didn’t have a commitable offer to recently.

But people have freedom of choice on who they want believe lol. I only speak on what I know and say when it’s just opinion.

Last edited:
Using those numbers to skew your argument there my friend lol he had 105 tackles in 17 games at USC, and he didn't start every game as a Freshman. he played 2 games this year.

This wouldn't be the first time Clancy Pendergast ruined a talented player's college career. That's been his specialty at USC
this is pretty much what is being said on their board.

Advertisement
From Rivals:

The Miami Hurricanes have a former 5-star transfer on the roster this season that is paying big dividends for the team: DE Jaelan Phillips.
Another transfer, former 4-star safety Bubba Bolden, is also now a big-time playmaker for UM.
Now one of Bolden’s former high school teammates from Las Vegas (Nev.) Bishop Gorman - separated by one year - is considering the Canes.
USC ILB Palaie Gaoteote, a 5-star in the Class of 2018, entered the transfer portal today.
And it didn’t take long for Bolden to tweet out where he thinks his buddy will wind up: “He coming” the safety tweeted along with a graphic of Gaoteote’s transfer decision.
Cane tight end Brevin Jordan, who is also good friends with Gaoteote and is a Bishop Gorman alum, sent out his own tweet: “@ ALL MY CANES get @PalaieGaoteote to the U!” and “see you soon fam.”
All the hubbub around Gaoteote to the U was a surprise to the standout linebacker when he spoke with CaneSport on Monday evening. He wasn’t aware his former high school friends were taking to social media to woo him to Miami.
“It’s just the first day, nothing’s done yet, I’m taking it day by day,” Gaoteote told CaneSport. “Those guys are my brothers for sure, but I’m just starting the process. Brevin and Bubba have been telling me about Miami’s interest, and I’m considering Miami, will consider everybody. It’s just super early in the process.”
Gaoteote is unsure if UM will have a spot for him and also isn’t saying the Canes are even in front right now.
“I’m considering Miami, will consider everybody,” he said. “I’m just super early in the process. It’s really early right now, I haven’t talked to coaches.”

He says he may report somewhere in January or else would be a summer enrollee at the school of his choice.
Something he says the Canes have going for it besides having friends there: The need for a playmaking inside linebacker and also the program’s recent history with turning transfers into success stories (aside from Phillips and Bolden you can point to D’Eriq King, Jarrid Williams, Jose Borregales and Quincy Roche).
“It definitely is a testament to Miami what they can do with transfers coming in,” Gaoteote said. “It’s also the players as well, I think guys like Bubba and Jaelan were these talented guys. A major part of it is on them as a players living up to their potential. But there’s some part of it that is coaches, too.”
Gaoteote had 105 tackles, 7.5 for losses, with two sacks in his USC career. As a freshman he had five starts and had 38 tackles, 4.5 for losses, with two sacks. As a sophomore he had 58 tackles, three for losses, but only started seven games due to ankle injuries. This year? He started the first two games, then was put in concussion protocol and hasn't played since Nov. 14.
He didn't want to get into the reasons for his transfer, but it's been reported USC didn't want him to leave.
As he moves forward in the transfer process, Gaoteote has simple goals for a new home.
“Just I want another home, another team to play with, I want to make a decision I’ll be happy with,” he says. “Hopefully I will have a bunch of schools to look at. Whatever comes, comes.”

Advertisement
gotcha. That dude shoots about 20% on his predictions so we will see
Just this week...

I said Collins would be dropped and he decommitted hours after I posted it. I posted there was a change and we could be taking a high school qb after all and 1-2 days later Garcia decommits , even though most said it was looking very unlikely. 1-2 days after I posted I don’t see how Payton is a take he commits to FSU. I mean I could be lucky.

I think some take for granted how much I put out over the years with very few misses. I’ll always take my percentage over anyone , anywhere. Just being honest.

If I’m wrong I’m cool taking the L.

Just this week...

I said Collins would be dropped and he decommitted hours after I posted it. I posted there was a change and we could be taking a high school qb after all and 1-2 days later Garcia decommits , even though most said it was looking very unlikely. 1-2 days after I posted I don’t see how Payton is a take he commits to FSU. I mean I could be lucky.

I think some take for granted how much I put out over the years with very few misses. I’ll always take my percentage over anyone , anywhere. Just being honest.

I’m talking about tdub dude being 20% not you. You’re are closer to 75% haha

Advertisement
my thoughts exactly.... Summer enrollee gives time to heal all the way. And maybe count him forward
This is the only way I could see it , especially if something changes with the ncaa in Feb and numbers (ic’s). As of now I’ll stick with my no, the spots just don’t allow it even though I was told portal lb is a no.

I’m talking about tdub dude being 20% not you. You’re are closer to 75% haha
I was more responding to your response to the other guy lol. Out of all the info I’ve put out over the years I’ll eat Tyrique and hasselwood even though those changed he last three days. I’ll even take the L on Marshall even though I never posted he was coming ( he was). I always said we were in it for him more than anyone thought. I was ahead of all the experts on his recruitment.

So you’re disrespecting me on that 75 percent but it’s all good lol. I’d say more 90 percentile and that’s with years of info.

Just this week...

my man pulled out the receipts lol

Advertisement
Back