5 Star Challenge Thread (Updated Jun 9)

motorcitycane

Senior
5 Star Challenge weekend is here. For the top prospects to match up against each other. WR Ermon Lane against Adoree Jackson is one of many battle I'm interested in hearing about.

The camp is from today June 7-9.

KD Cannon announced a top 12 of Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, Ole Miss, Notre Dame, Miami, Texas A&M, Florida State and Florida, in no particular order.

Says he wants to be at an Academic school and thats the most important thing to him. He wants to attend a good business school.

Cannon also stated he will have a top 5 by the end of the summer.

- Top 10 receiver Malachi Dupre says he wants to visit UM and that we could make his top 5.

- Montae Nicholoson says the coaches talk to him on facebook all the time and that he will visit. He is a safety prospect.

- WR Jamil Kamara wants to visit UM this summer. Says Miami has made his top 7. Carroll talks to our TE coach a lot.

- WR Ermon Lane says he is wide open. His mother is going to play a HUGE role in his final selection. Will visit Alabama in July. Lane also mentioned that Barrow is a small factor because Barrow is always around his family.

- WR Travis Rudolph is wide open. He says everything regarding position at Miami is cleared up now. They want him strictly as a receiver and that there is no more DB talk.

- WR Artavis Scott says all the coaches are recruiting him hard. Not sure when he will visit Miami.

Cane Targets in attendance include WR Ermon Lane, WR Johnnie Dixon, DE Lorenzo Carter,RB Sony Michel, WR Malachi Dupre, DT Thomas Holley, OL Demetrius Knox, WR Speedy Noil, WR Artavis Scott, WR Travis Rudolph, DT Kentavious Street.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hate to say it, but if he's one of the rare kids who means it when he says academics are the key, it will be hard to beat out ND for this OOS kid. As good as UM's program is (and we can certainly push our "international" business bona fides) ND is one of the best b-schools in the country.

Hate to say it, but if he's one of the rare kids who means it when he says academics are the key, it will be hard to beat out ND for this OOS kid. As good as UM's program is (and we can certainly push our "international" business bona fides) ND is one of the best b-schools in the country.

I don't think we make his top 5 unless he visits. But 2014 is loaded with receiver's who may commit here. We looking at Lane, Dixon, Rudolph, Holmes, Brady, Scott. Thats a lot of guys.

Lol @ the top 12 as well I was just passing the info along from rivals.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who's this Sony Michel OP is referring to? Is he the "fan" that went to be a mercenary for corch Richt?

Advertisement
Come on Carter and Street! Jackson go home please. He teased me when he told Rivals that THE U definitely has a chance and then doesn't even list us in his 10! Don't bother man, go home!

Advertisement
Adoree Jackson?............. please stop

Who said we are or are not going to get him? He is considering the canes so he is listed. Is he not a cane target?

Florida, Florida State, Illinois, LSU, Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Tennessee, UCLA and USC all made the cut, Jackson told ESPN's RecruitingNation in a text message.

News to me. I stand corrected. It will still be an interesting weekend regardless. Im mad they didn't invite Yearby, Cook or even Jalen Hurd but hey. Its dumb *** rivals.

Branssuperpower aint nothing against you. I know there are some long shots here in this group. I'm just kind of on standby until they completely say No Miami's not in it.

Last edited:
Adoree Jackson?............. please stop

Who said we are or are not going to get him? He is considering the canes so he is listed. Is he not a cane target?

Florida, Florida State, Illinois, LSU, Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Tennessee, UCLA and USC all made the cut, Jackson told ESPN's RecruitingNation in a text message.

News to me. I stand corrected. It will still be an interesting weekend regardless. Im mad they didn't invite Yearby, Cook or even Jalen Hurd but hey. Its dumb *** rivals.

Branssuperpower aint nothing against you. I know there are some long shots here in this group. I'm just kind of on standby until they completely say No Miami's not in it.

none taken but it will be extremely hard to pull a top prospect in cali, kaaya is a diff story.

Advertisement
Back