5-star CB Marshall has UM in top 7, talks Junior Day visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
Look at Clemson they have a Great DEF coach but don't really recruit DB'S that well. So, that tells you it's not the coach it's the wins. Kids are not stupid they want to go to schools that can take them to the NFL faster and make them more money period. Miami is not that school
I'd say for big schools like that, both talent AND coaching go hand-in-hand. Clemson actually has recruited DB's well. Out of the 8 that were drafted since 2016, five of them were 4 & 5* and most went on the first two days of the draft.

Advertisement
Just a question, because I often see whenever we don’t land a player, most posters on this site automatically bash the position coach... but is that the way Manny’s staff recruits?
I know in dealing with high school football most big universities give each coach an area. I’m here at Lakeland high now and was at Sebring high last year and I can tell you for a fact that the running backs coach at Clemson wasn’t Bowman’s lead recruiter and the backs coach at Auburn, who left that January, wasn’t Dj williams lead recruiter. Matter of fact I never saw them! They’d call the kid every once in a while but most times those schools had their ace recruiter and or a coach with ties to that area.
And with that said, I’ve dealt with rumph personally in recruiting. he wasn’t at my school recruiting corners fwiw.

True, but nothing impressive. They cannot even beat UGA, but they do not drop the ball against weaker opponents.

Its impressive that they were able to hang with LSU starting a backup QB. Where they messed up at was when Mullen put in their third string QB for one series late in the 3rd after only being down a score. Their offense was rolling LSU's defense with Trask but that one decision f*cked whatever chemistry that offense had going before.

Just a question, because I often see whenever we don’t land a player, most posters on this site automatically bash the position coach... but is that the way Manny’s staff recruits?
I know in dealing with high school football most big universities give each coach an area. I’m here at Lakeland high now and was at Sebring high last year and I can tell you for a fact that the running backs coach at Clemson wasn’t Bowman’s lead recruiter and the backs coach at Auburn, who left that January, wasn’t Dj williams lead recruiter. Matter of fact I never saw them! They’d call the kid every once in a while but most times those schools had their ace recruiter and or a coach with ties to that area.
And with that said, I’ve dealt with rumph personally in recruiting. he wasn’t at my school recruiting corners fwiw.

He doesnt recruit them at any school fwiw

“Whenever things open back up I’ll try to reschedule my visits,” Marshall said. “I also want to visit Clemson and Alabama.”

All of the above are among his 42 scholarship offers.

Marshall says the Canes are recruiting him as hard as anyone, with Mike Rumph, Demarcus Van Dyke and Manny Diaz all in regular communication.

“Coach Rumph is the main one, he talks about staying home, playing for Miami and playing for my city,” Marshall said.

Advertisement
This is not on Rump at all. Kid doesn't want to play for an unproven school. We not putting DB's in the NFL at the first round or second round since Artie Burns. We don't win We don't get recruits. Yeah it sucks but that's life and DIAZ has to change that period or leave.

Its funny how LSU WINS AND WINS EVERY SEASON ATLEAST 9 TO 10 GAMES EVERY YEAR AND ALWAYS GETS THE GUYS THEY WANT. We haven't had a great couple of season at all in years. We do the one year Miami is back then next year blow it all up.
You think Gators are pulling in recruits bc of there DB coach? **** NAAAA.... Its bc they win win win That's it..

Look at Clemson they have a Great DEF coach but don't really recruit DB'S that well. So, that tells you it's not the coach it's the wins. Kids are not stupid they want to go to schools that can take them to the NFL faster and make them more money period. Miami is not that school

Isn’t that Rumphs job?

Facts! And this is why I don’t even get in the arguments. Rumph will look like a better recruiter if our win totals were higher. At the end of the day, he’s still having to market at 6-8 yearly win program..

Chicken (winning) or egg (blue chip talent)? Which one do you need for the other to happen.
How do you really get the above cycle started? Bags, elite recruiters, top talent identifiers and/or great player developers?

NOOOOO. He cant recruit 5star athletes when were losing as bad as we do. This is All on Manny Diaz. He always says lets fix the culture well fix it and everyone can eat.

So only 5 star recruits can be 1st/2nd round picks?

Look, Manny sucks, worst head coach in Miami history, but placing blame on him for Rumphs lack of recruiting/developing is ridiculous. Now, if want to make the argument that it's Manny's fault because he continues to employ Rumph, then I agree with you.

Advertisement
Advertisement
something this kid did to make you guys so emotional?

not on here often and i was asking an honest question

something this kid did to make you guys so emotional?

not on here often and i was asking an honest question
I’m speculating, but I think it has something to do with him telling staff he was committing and then backing off his commitment and committing to the turds.

Separately it doesn’t help that we’re painfully thin at CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back