5 greatest defensive plyers in Miami history

Whoever is saying to replace Sean Taylor for Bennie blades is crazy, Sean Taylor is one of my all time favorite players but blades has a better career at Miami than him, blades has 19 ints to Taylors14,blades was a 2 time all American Taylor was a 1 time all American,Taylor dominated his junior year at Miami but overall blades had a better career at Miami
 
Wow, I know age is a big factor here. I saw amazing play from sapp, Kennedy, Maryland, wilfork and others and I never saw anyone like jerome Brown. Literally he could toy with you and rush thru you or go by you by you untouched. His choice. Again, your age influences what you know. Not an issue, I just couldn't let this go by without me mentioning jerome.
 
Jerome Brown was a beast! One of my favorite all-time Canes. Cortez Kennedy's up there too. Too many legendary players to name just 5. It'd be much easier to go by decade.
 
If I had to make a list, it'd probably be something like:

Ed Reed
Bennie Blades
Jerome Brown
Ray Lewis (Dan Morgan is 1B to Lewis's 1A... So hard to choose just one!)
Danny Stubbs

Even then, there are so many omissions... Sean Taylor, Ted Hendricks, Cortez Kennedy, etc.
 
IMG_0554.png

24 of the 37 were defensive players. ****, we had 2 kickers as AA’s.
 
I'm sure it's generational but Ted Hendricks must be included in any list. I saw the list above but he was a three time AA, our only one. Also all pro and Hall of gamer. Plus the DE award is named after him.
I tried to name another 4 players and got stuck around 10 additional names.
 
I'm sure it's generational but Ted Hendricks must be included in any list. I saw the list above but he was a three time AA, our only one. Also all pro and Hall of gamer. Plus the DE award is named after him.
I tried to name another 4 players and got stuck around 10 additional names.
26 interceptions as a DE in the NFL! Ridiculous.
 
impossible to come up with a top 5 all time.

But my favorite to watch is Lightfoot. I think he can be an absolute superstar. He can do everything. He rushes the passer; plays the run. He can cover. He runs. He tackles. He forces turnovers. An absolute superstar. He's going down as one of our best.
 
I'd do:

Pre '80's
Then '80's to '00
Lastly '01 to present

Even this way will prove difficult to finalize. So many legends have run through the tunnel for us.
 
If we are talking college only:

Ed Reed
Sean Taylor
Dan Morgan
Ted Hendricks
Ray Lewis

Honorable Mentions

Antrel Rolle
Jerome Brown
Warren Sapp
Russell Maryland
Micheal Barrow

But yeah, ST26 has to be on the list.
Like the list, but swap one of the DTs for Ray Lewis,
 
I'm sure it's generational but Ted Hendricks must be included in any list. I saw the list above but he was a three time AA, our only one. Also all pro and Hall of gamer. Plus the DE award is named after him.
I tried to name another 4 players and got stuck around 10 additional names.
Ted Hendricks would be a star today.
 
If we are talking college only:

Ed Reed
Sean Taylor
Dan Morgan
Ted Hendricks
Ray Lewis

Honorable Mentions

Antrel Rolle
Jerome Brown
Warren Sapp
Russell Maryland
Micheal Barrow

But yeah, ST26 has to be on the list.
Like the list, but swap one of the DTs for Ray Lewis,
Dan Morgan is the only person that is more college decorated on your list than Sspp....Warren had 1 of the most dominant single season in college football ever!!
 
Back
Top