5* FSU commit Derwin James(Edge's cousin), why no interest?

I'm Hurt Dawg

Thunderdome
The kid is a beast and is related Edge and Javarris James. Why in the world is going to FSU? Its like having an Moss, Irvin, or Lewis going to FSU. It seems like this kid has interest in Miami.

Last edited:
Advertisement
still early. One would think we should be involved...especially with Coley coming in from FSU. He did alot of recruiting for them.

Advertisement
[video=youtube;zRFOSWJpAKc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRFOSWJpAKc&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

SCOUT PROFILE
James is an outstanding athlete that will remind many of former Polk County star Karlos Williams. He has elite size and a long frame. There’s the possibility that he could grow and play linebacker. Then again, James just may be that big, physical and athletic safety that can do it all. You can play him in or near the box or deep as a centerfielder. This is an overall terrific player that excels in everything he does. Jamie Newberg

Is he legitimately his cousin or is it like that Florida HS thing where everybody is everyone's cousin?

Advertisement
Is he legitimately his cousin or is it like that Florida HS thing where everybody is everyone's cousin?

They have the same last name so they are obviously related.

So everybody with the last name "Johnson" is related as well? Didn't know Duke had a US President in his family.
The Lee's in China must have to book small countries to host their 500 million person family reunions.

Wow will ask about kid. I know a LOT of edges family and brothers and do not know any nole fans. And yes with the family, not that they would say anything, but it seems weird. Everyone looks up to edge, I will say this if Mia recruits and he decides fsu, someone will have to prove to me he is family. I do not believe it.

The kid is a beast and is related Edge and Javarris James. Why in the world is going to FSU? Its like having an Moss, Irvin, or Lewis going to FSU. It seems like this kid has interest in Miami.

How doo you know he is related to edge and Javarris, their from down in the muck area which is a 130 miles away, specifically Immokalee, FL, where as Dewin James is from Polk County specifically Haines City. This kid has a better chance of being related to UM former RB Mike James if anything, because he is from Haines City also. Either way UM should get on the young man and still may yet flip him in time with the help of mike James.

I could never imagine member of Edge James family going to FSU, after he cut UM a $1/4 million dollar check years ago and Donna knows it. He was the first former player to give back to UM.

http://edgerrinjamesfoundation.org/page/AboutUs.html

Dewin James 2015 Free Safety Story
http://www.polkpreps.com/news/article/46800/derwin-james-moves-from-auburndale-to-haines-city/

Last edited:
Advertisement

They have the same last name so they are obviously related.

So everybody with the last name "Johnson" is related as well? Didn't know Duke had a US President in his family.
The Lee's in China must have to book small countries to host their 500 million person family reunions.

563.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back