2024 5* DL Justin Scott visiting this weekend [commits to OSU then flips to Miami!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Ds message about “communications went well” after a visit that went sideways due to distance.

Scott commits to OSU and says Michigan and oSu were his final 2.

How did the staff interprete good communication when Miami was out after the visit?
Good communication means the kid was responsive and receptive to me....
BUT let's say the staff didn't feel great even if they were having good communication after the visit....what is it that you want them to do? Stop recruiting him? You throw this "got played" term around like they needed to stop recruiting him.
We lost the kid. It was a miss. This "got played" bullllll**** means nothing.

Advertisement
Last year Crib was in every thread.

This year, haven’t seen sh*t from him. This alone let me know where things were going.

He pretty much explained it in last post though.

Read the crib notes, fellas. Hopefully we end up cracking the top 25.

Lol so they should not try to convince mom they would take care of her child? Y'all take this **** too serious. If Miami quits recruiting him after his mom's concerns, it's the same result. Him not coming to Miami lol Who gives a **** if they continued to recruit him or not. It's their job.
You have 8,300 posts on a canes message board and are telling another poster they take it too seriously lol. My point was they should have a feel on where they stand not that they should necessarily cut off communication. Hopefully they recognized this issue and didn’t leave all their eggs in his basket.

Fong just dropped a CB for Stewart to OSU as well.
Lol smh

gEFErA2a.gif

You have 8,300 posts on a canes message board and are telling another poster they take it too seriously lol. My point was they should have a feel on where they stand not that they should necessarily cut off communication. Hopefully they recognized this issue and didn’t leave all their eggs in his basket.
What makes you think they didn't have an idea were they stood? They definitely didn't leave all their eggs in his basket given the number of DL they offered

Advertisement
So just to make sure I’m up to speed here on our nations best DL Class.

Scott- committed to OSU
Simmons- trending Texas/LSU
Stewart- trending OSU
Lightfoot- trending OSU
Stone- trending OU
Jackson- trending OU
Breeland- trending Oregon
Franklin- trending Tenn
Jones- no one has a read on him
Daylen Russell- committed to Miami…..

We’re never getting out of the basement are we?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dude we’re not getting Stone. This is trending all kinds of wrong. At this point, we’re going to be grasping with hope for Jackson from Gainesville and Sling Blade Billy’s in a better position to stuff us.
Not trying to give false hope bc it’s bleak. But the $ figure we have is the same ($x) that were going to be there for each player (including scott) so assume that we have more room to move now as it pertains to stone. And we’re desperate lmfao

So just to make sure I. Up to speed here on our nations best DL Class.

Scott- committed to OSU
Stewart- trending OSU
Lightfoot- trending OSU
Stone- trending OU
Jackson- trending OU
Franklin- trending Tenn

Question is… what are we going to do with all the left over money?? (What ever money we have)

This hurts. Someone shared with me they are not buying the things being told to us but still. Rough weekend for our staff. I’ll take a L, too. I thought we had a good shot at this one.
It’s not any of your faults. You’re simply relaying what you’re learning for good reasons. This is one I expected as well for good reason.

Well they told our insiders they felt confident where they stood days after he almost committed to Michigan according to him. We didn’t even finish second in this race.
Splitting hairs. Being confident were you stand doesn't mean you are misreading the situation. To me it means they did everything they can to land the kid and they feel they have a chance. It doesn't matter. The result is the same.

Also
They definitely didn't leave all their eggs in his basket given the number of DL they offered

Advertisement
So just to make sure I. Up to speed here on our nations best DL Class.

Scott- committed to OSU
Stewart- trending OSU
Lightfoot- trending OSU
Stone- trending OU
Jackson- trending OU
Franklin- trending Tenn

Franklin- trending Tenn

Where did you see that?

Well between Scott and some of the others that is a ton of money set free. Hopefully someone wants to take it.
ppl been saying that since Rashada n Cormani but I'm starting to think donors gave all the leftover $ to TVD when he was using bama to get a pay bump

Splitting hairs. Being confident were you stand doesn't mean you are misreading the situation. You me it means they dome everything they can to land the kid and they feel they have a chance. It doesn't matter. The result is the same.

Also
They definitely didn't leave all their eggs in his basket given the number of DL they offered
I’ll agree to disagree on the first part. The second part I hope we can use his funds to make better offers for the other big guys.

Advertisement
Not trying to give false hope bc it’s bleak. But the $ figure we have is the same ($x) that were going to be there for each player (including scott) so assume that we have more room to move now as it pertains to stone. And we’re desperate lmfao
I wish it were that simple but I’m not sure it works like that. Lol. They can use it to pay another guy but I don’t think they’ll go above what they had for Scott to get Stone. We’ll see b

At this point, I expect this class to turn to ****.

[Deleted by Maude’s]

Reading that article from On3, I see that he wasn’t even considering Miami. He was ready to commit to ******* Michigan.

Coaches and the collectives alike where sky high on this kid, considering that he hadn’t even bucked at what was offered. Not one negative word on any aspect of the program.

Either the coaches are idiots, or these camps are playing Miami like a 2-string fiddle.

Unreal. Just unreal.
If what you say is true [Deleted by Maude’s] then what’re we doing here?
Mario’s best quality is recruiting, how many coaches succeed if they fail at their “bread and butter”?

This upcoming season really is the biggest season in Mario’s coaching career. Here’s to hoping TVD is that dude or else….

Last edited by a moderator:
This hurts. Someone shared with me they are not buying the things being told to us but still. Rough weekend for our staff. I’ll take a L, too. I thought we had a good shot at this one.
I don’t blame our insiders here at all. Y’all are sharing what you’re being told. It’s on our staff to not get standing at the alter with their ****s in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back