2024 5* DL Justin Scott visiting this weekend [commits to OSU then flips to Miami!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it relates to Scott, while Miami writers seem to have optimism, I haven’t spoken to a direct source connected to that staff that feels great about its chances of landing him. They absolutely believe they could eventually land him, no doubt about that, but I’m told Scott has played things close to the vest and isn’t giving anything away at this time.

Georgia hosted him and people thought he was going to Georgia. Michigan hosted him and people felt like he was trending that direction. The same now can be said for Miami. Again, the key will be for Notre Dame to get him back for an official visit when they host Ohio State, which remains the plan as of today. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

^^From ND 247.
This isn't close to what that one poster said earlier today.

Advertisement
As it relates to Scott, while Miami writers seem to have optimism, I haven’t spoken to a direct source connected to that staff that feels great about its chances of landing him. They absolutely believe they could eventually land him, no doubt about that, but I’m told Scott has played things close to the vest and isn’t giving anything away at this time.

Georgia hosted him and people thought he was going to Georgia. Michigan hosted him and people felt like he was trending that direction. The same now can be said for Miami. Again, the key will be for Notre Dame to get him back for an official visit when they host Ohio State, which remains the plan as of today. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

^^From ND 247.
Am I crazy or does that statement completely contradict itself?

^^From ND 247.
LOL Tom Loy doesn’t have any direct connections to the staff.

Advertisement
Are we wayyyyyy too overconfident when it comes to DL recruiting right now?

- We’ve been leading for Scott for quite some time and seems like the hope is we close this weekend but still no commitment timeline from Scott (still early I know)
- Breland now pushing his commitment date back to later in the year
- OSU feeling good about Stewart after their visit and reporters talking about putting in a CB for them
- OU feeling good about Stone after their visit
- Kamarion seems to be SEC bound
- Lightfoot also trending away

This was always going to be a dogfight for a lot of these guys. No surprises. But it just seems like there’s a lot of continued talk about this being a historic DL class when there is still a million miles to go.

Scott popping soon would certainly change that…but if he ends June with not commitment date set and a commitment timeline for later in the year, similar to Breland, idk man….

@Paranos, you hitting that?

Never that!!!!

But this is more my speed!! I am talking balls to the cervix wall, all day and twice on Saturday night after my Canes play.
giphy.gif

Go Canes

- We’ve been leading for Scott for quite some time and seems like the hope is we close this weekend but still no commitment timeline from Scott (still early I know)
- OSU feeling good about Stewart after their visit and reporters talking about putting in a CB for them

This was always going to be a dogfight for a lot of these guys. No surprises. But it just seems like there’s a lot of continued talk about this being a historic DL class when there is still a million miles to go.

Scott popping soon would certainly change that…but if he ends June with not commitment date set and a commitment timeline for later in the year, similar to Breland, idk man….
I start to feel this way and then I remember Okunlola had CBs early and we didn’t actually get a commitment until the week before ESD.

Advertisement

Seems all these other schools are very confident also with the DLs we're hearing we're leading for or in good shape for.Obviously these kids are telling these coaches what they want to hear.Most staffs are getting played,I'm hoping ours is not one of them.

^^From ND 247.
20230410_190508.jpg

What are you hearing, @LeedsCane ?? Give us some scoops, please

Advertisement

That's pretty much what I said earlier in the thread. Anyone counting 5* dlinemen as sure things is nuts. I get Mario is different but these guys are the most coveted prizes in the sport besides QB.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back