4th Scrimmage 2/2/24

Advertisement
Sounds like Laz is going to have to work his magic on Scinta. We need his arm in the bullpen....
Our #1 and #2 starters are pretty much set, curious to see who #3 and the mid-week guys are going to be?

Ziehl is unfortunately following the path of others where we see a ton of upside as freshman but know there is room for improvement. Then sophomore year there is very little if any but we convince ourselves he is still a top flight Arm and will put it together in his money year. So here we are…still throwing 91-93 the majority of his innings, a slider that at times is pretty good and a change up that shows promise. Throws a lot of strikes which with his stuff means guys get real comfortable and know they are prob going to get 2-3 pitches per AB they can do something with. I’ll be interested to see his first few outings to see if he is either throwing a tick harder and just trying to put it together with the increase or all the sudden he is 88-91, the slider has less bite, and the change is being overthrown.

Advertisement
Ziehl is unfortunately following the path of others where we see a ton of upside as freshman but know there is room for improvement. Then sophomore year there is very little if any but we convince ourselves he is still a top flight Arm and will put it together in his money year. So here we are…still throwing 91-93 the majority of his innings, a slider that at times is pretty good and a change up that shows promise. Throws a lot of strikes which with his stuff means guys get real comfortable and know they are prob going to get 2-3 pitches per AB they can do something with. I’ll be interested to see his first few outings to see if he is either throwing a tick harder and just trying to put it together with the increase or all the sudden he is 88-91, the slider has less bite, and the change is being overthrown.

You're the same guy talking up NJIT's pitchers, so lol

I will say, Scenta was not good in the preseason last year

Advertisement
@HurricanePhilly you got us at 0-55, right?
Not even close. Check my history on Miami sports I’m am prob to optimistic and I’m trying with this baseball team but these scrimmage reports are not helping me. My hope is this team becomes super scrappy and just wins. Maybe 1-2 of these BP arms just flip the switch when the lights come on and we piece weekends together.

If I were to guess right now I’d say we are a 32-36 win team. And right around .500 in conference.

they are a decent team, if Penn state beat us opening night last year, anything can happen. NJIT made the tourney last year.
That’s really what I was eluding too. They are good enough to take one from us and make all 3 way to close for comfort.

But I’d love to see us smack them around iron out the defense a bit more (Fenster is the man I know we will be fine there over time). I’m hoping Cuvet has a Pat Burrell-Esque freshman year. (Obviously that’s asking a lot hence my “esque” addition). Hopefully they have been spinning balls at Carrier and he takes the next step as well. I love hearing we are bunting and using the whole field.

Advertisement
Back