49ers hiring Leonard Hankerson as WR coach

Advertisement
Amazing. How on earth did he get the gig with a SB contender after having been at umass and SFa! Great job!

He didn't have a great NFL career but quietly put in a few years under different coaches including the Shanahans at Washington. Connection to Mark Whipple didn't hurt either as his former coach got him the gig at UMASS and wanted to bring him to Pitt but Narduzzi chose another coach with strong ties to DC and Virginia area.

Last edited:
He's in on the best NFL coaching trees in the NFL.

Hanky could be a head coach in some years if he can master what Shannahan is teaching him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Amazing. How on earth did he get the gig with a SB contender after having been at umass and SFa! Great job!
Like the saying goes, all about who you know and not what u know.. it's great to see guys coming up and earning their stripes the right way.. congrats to him

Last edited:
Advertisement
1645327414545.jpeg

The thing that could allows for Hankerson to be a good coach is how he wasn't a natural. He was forced to work on his hands, his feet, his routes, etc. Hopefully everything that he learned can help guys like him that struggle. Pope and Wiggins needed him years ago.

Advertisement
Didn’t Duper coach him while here because of some drops?
I believe it was reported that he hired him as a private coach. I remember offseason articles and videos popping up in the summers of '09 & '10 seasons showing the drills he put him through. That YouTube channel has 9 videos of his workouts.

I believe it was reported that he hired him as a private coach. I remember offseason articles and videos popping up in the summers of '09 & '10 seasons showing the drills he put him through. That YouTube channel has 9 videos of his workouts.

What a cool story for Hank. It’s amazing the school never brought him in as a coach. Especially after all that went down with him and Hank.
What’s also crazy is how ****ed people would have been if Mario brought in Hank as WR coach with “no experience”! Lol
Heck I’ll admit I might be one of them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back