40 PPG?

Negative; that's off season wishful thinking with the O-line and RB play we've seen here, and its most of the same guys. But, miracles happen, I'm hoping for one!

Advertisement
For context comparing 2020 Bama (🤮🤮🤮🤮) vs 2020 Hurricanes regular season...

Bama vs Opponents full average: 50-17
Bama vs Opponents modified average*: 49-15

Miami vs Opponents full average: 34-26
Miami vs Opponents modified average*: 34-25

What does the above tell you? Bama dominated, on average, any caliber of opponent they faced. Miami did not dominate, on average, any caliber of opponent they faced and quite frankly, relied on a "bounce here, bounce there" to get Ws that very well could have been Ls (to be fair vice versa). This alone indicates Bama was an elite team and our Canes were at best an inconsistent (against all calibers) middle of the road (yes, yes, yes thank you Capt Obvious).

What is very telling as an implication of the above is Miami's inability to use sustained offense as the best defense. In today's CFB rule sets, a team's ability to keep the ball has now become essentially the most important part of their defensive capability.

*Omits high and low score for smoothing
In CFB, Past year performance isn’t always an indicator of present performance. Bama averaged that 50/49 PPG with the Davey O’Brian winner, the Heisman winner; the Doak Walker winner, the Remington winner, and a few others not on this years team. Not to say they haven’t reloaded, but if history has proven one thing in CFB, it’s that this years teams aren’t necessarily indicative of what last years team may or may not have been.

6C5EA6F2-93B5-48F6-BA50-1F056DFB7614.gif

This matters for Bama
In CFB, Past year performance isn’t always an indicator of present performance. Bama averaged that 50/49 PPG with the Davey O’Brian winner, the Heisman winner; the Doak Walker winner, the Remington winner, and a few others not on this years team. Not to say they haven’t reloaded, but if history has proven one thing in CFB, it’s that this years teams aren’t necessarily indicative of what last years team may or may not have been.

This matters for them:

Advertisement
This matters for Bama

This matters for them:

Yeah, I’m not sold on our DE’s yet. I do think the interior will improve so that should help.

For context comparing 2020 Bama (🤮🤮🤮🤮) vs 2020 Hurricanes regular season...

Bama vs Opponents full average: 50-17
Bama vs Opponents modified average*: 49-15

Miami vs Opponents full average: 34-26
Miami vs Opponents modified average*: 34-25

What does the above tell you? Bama dominated, on average, any caliber of opponent they faced. Miami did not dominate, on average, any caliber of opponent they faced and quite frankly, relied on a "bounce here, bounce there" to get Ws that very well could have been Ls (to be fair vice versa). This alone indicates Bama was an elite team and our Canes were at best an inconsistent (against all calibers) middle of the road (yes, yes, yes thank you Capt Obvious) squad (even worse when you think it was against ACC teams).

What is very telling as an implication of the above is Miami's inability to use sustained offense as the best defense. In today's CFB rule sets, a team's ability to keep the ball has now become essentially the most important part of their defensive capability.

*Omits high and low score for smoothing

Don't know why you quoted me, and none of what you posted is relevant with this thread.
Can we score 40 a game that's the question.
Other than our game vs them, they have nothing to do with it.

Advertisement
This will determine how good the season is. I think we hit 40ppg but can we hit 45+ that's when you've reached elite air. An offense that can put up close to 45 a game has a chance to win every game.

Advertisement
Back