4 Star WR Romello Brinson commits to Miami

I know it's been said (and argued) before, but he reminds me a lot of Ahmonn. He makes those catches look easy.
That’s a serious comparison. Does he have AR’s speed? Richards was a baller his freshman year playing opposite Coley.

Advertisement
1592146017723.png

I clearly said this decade and listed the years we were with Nike in this current decade. My point remains the same
Still no comparison...We were NIKE'S 1st CFB Signee....Nike still Shats on Adidas...and Russell Shats on NIKE....

Advertisement
Advertisement
I agree, but Ahmmon was faster/quicker. Playing style is similar. Physically (ht/wt/speed) Brinson is probably closer to Dee Wiggins. Which is fine.
Interesting to compare Richards to Brinson, having seen both players play live, this is my humble take. Brinson has better hands, but Richards is one of the fastest players to ever play for the Hurricanes. I don’t know what Richards 40 time was, but he was the only Canes WR that I have seen in the last 15 years who completely changed the opponents defense. Richards was a legitimate threat to score any time or anywhere he touched the ball on the fieled.

Brinson definitely has sprinter straight line speed. When Northwestern was 5-5, Brinson often made big plays on offense when his team needed it And they went on a roll to win the state championship. Brinson is a playmaker for sure.

Brinson was definitely a game-changer at Northwestern the last two seasons, playing against future FBS CBs, but Richards consistently did that against ACC CBs, and he was a game changer in the Camping World Bowl in Orlando, a much higher level of competition. It actually took Kaaya and CMR at least 4-5 games into the regular season for them to figure out that Richards, not Coley, was the game changer. If Richards had remained healthy, I believe he would have been the highest Canes WR drafted since André Johnson. Brinson has a lot of work to do to reach that level.

at this point, Brinson is making plays off of talent and being better than his competition. Brinson will need to put in the work with Lashlee and Likens, but this spread offense is very similar to what Brinson thrived in in high school. I think Brinson has the potential to be an elite receiver, but right now it’s only unrealized potential

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Well adidas actually had us bring this one back. Nike kept trying to reinvent the wheel every 6 years or so
Adidas apparel is absolute Trash...Cheap *** single ply Garbage...will not purchase...When at AllCanes or the Bookstore on campus I purchase either Hanes...Champion or DymeLyfe....

Did it help??...

That was not his point.

Remember when people thought our recruiting would suffer because we switched from Nike to adidas?

I would argue that, unless you dramatically upgrade or downgrade your apparel contracts, the primary demo clothing matters to are the fans and not the players. Young/new fans are much more likely to be attracted because of a specific brand, line of gear and team popularity.

No one is turning down Miami because they have unis made by Adidas. No one is going to UF because they have unis by Jumpman. It may factor into initial attraction, but after one conversation with one coach it evaporates like pregame energy.

What I do believe is that during the timeline Brock mentioned Adidas did a much better job representing Miami than Nike did during their stretch. I was fairly agnostic on the switch because Nike has been so bad, but also had heard for the better part of a decade how bad Tennessee’s deal and relationship with Adidas was. I’ve been impressed with both the effort and design of Adidas since the switch.

Brock’s point was that the switch has not hurt us in recruiting like some people thought it would, and I agree.

Interesting to compare Richards to Brinson, having seen both players play live, this is my humble take. Brinson has better hands, but Richards is one of the fastest players to ever play for the Hurricanes. I don’t know what Richards 40 time was, but he was the only Canes WR that I have seen in the last 15 years who completely changed the opponents defense. Richards was a legitimate threat to score any time or anywhere he touched the ball on the fieled.

Brinson definitely has sprinter straight line speed. When Northwestern was 5-5, Brinson often made big plays on offense when his team needed it And they went on a roll to win the state championship. Brinson is a playmaker for sure.

Brinson was definitely a game-changer at Northwestern the last two seasons, playing against future FBS CBs, but Richards consistently did that against ACC CBs, and he was a game changer in the Camping World Bowl in Orlando, a much higher level of competition. It actually took Kaaya and CMR at least 4-5 games into the regular season for them to figure out that Richards, not Coley, was the game changer. If Richards had remained healthy, I believe he would have been the highest Canes WR drafted since André Johnson. Brinson has a lot of work to do to reach that level.

at this point, Brinson is making plays off of talent and being better than his competition. Brinson will need to put in the work with Lashlee and Likens, but this spread offense is very similar to what Brinson thrived in in high school. I think Brinson has the potential to be an elite receiver, but right now it’s only unrealized potential
Richards isn't in the Top 25 Fastest Canes

Advertisement
Back