4-star TE Rogers pops up on Field's, UM's radar

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
2020 4-star TE DJ Rogers helped Eastside Catholic (WA) to a state title last season, when the Crusaders defeated O’Dea High 31-13. In addition to team success, a big junior year individually put Rogers on the radars of many colleges across the country; he recorded 42 catches, 599 yards, and 9 TD’s in 2018.

“My junior season went well, I added onto my game,” Rogers said. “My team did well, we were state champions and Geico Bowl champs as well. I feel like I performed pretty well on the field.”

Offers have since come in from the blue bloods of college football, including Alabama, Georgia, USC, Ohio State, and Texas. Most recently, one of those verbal scholarship bids came from the Miami Hurricanes and TE coach Stephen Field late last month.

“Man, getting an offer from ‘the U’ was a huge honor,” Rogers said. “Coach Field and I were talking and he told me I had an offer from Miami. My interest in Miami will definitely be high and I plan to visit.”

As one of the best programs for tight end prospects in the nation, the Canes would have a lot to offer a guy like Rogers, and he is well aware of the history of the position at UM.

“I know a lot about the TE tradition at the University of Miami,” Rogers said. “Miami is TEU and for them to see that ability in me to play at such a school is a blessing. It’s known and proven that they produce TE’s that last in the NFL, but I also know that the University of Miami is a good school academically.”

While he doesn’t have any visits scheduled to schools as of right now, Rogers maintains he is very open and wants to find out more about the programs that have offered him, including Miami.

“I don’t really have a top group right now. I’m learning more about each university and how I would be used there,” Rogers said. “Almost every school that has offered me is coming after me pretty hard.”

The 6-3 230 pound prospect isn’t in a rush to make a decision any time soon, so a school like Miami that has come in recently will have time to make up ground.

“I don’t really have a time frame right now, but that will change the more I start to narrow down my list,” Rogers said. “What I am looking for in a school is that they have good academics and I can make an impact right away on the field. Distance is not a problem.”

Over the offseason, Rogers has been training hard to repeat as Washington state champs and take his game to the next level.

“What I am most looking forward to in my senior year is to have the most dominant season and win another state championship and even possibly a national championship.”

Advertisement

2020 4-star TE DJ Rogers helped Eastside Catholic (WA) to a state title last season, when the Crusaders defeated O’Dea High 31-13. In addition to team success, a big junior year individually put Rogers on the radars of many colleges across the country; he recorded 42 catches 599 yards, and 9 TD’s in 2018.

“My junior season went well, I added onto my game,” Rogers said. “My team did well, we were state champions and Geico Bowl champs as well. I feel like I performed pretty well on the field.”

Offers have since come in from the blue bloods of college football, including Alabama, Georgia, USC, Ohio State, and Texas. Most recently, one of those verbal scholarship bids came from the Miami Hurricanes and TE coach Stephen Field late last month.

“Man, getting an offer from ‘the U’ was a huge honor,” Rogers said. “Coach Field and I were talking and he told me I had an offer from Miami. My interest in Miami will definitely be high and I plan to visit.”

As one of the best programs for tight end prospects in the nation, the Canes would have a lot to offer a guy like Rogers, and he is well aware of the history of the position at UM.

“I know a lot about the TE tradition at the University of Miami,” Rogers said. “Miami is TEU and for them to see that ability in me to play at such a school is a blessing. It’s known and proven that they produce TE’s that last in the NFL, but I also know that the University of Miami is a good school academically.”

While he doesn’t have any visits scheduled to schools as of right now, Rogers maintains he is very open and wants to find out more about the programs that have offered him, including Miami.

“I don’t really have a top group right now. I’m learning more about each university and how I would be used there,” Rogers said. “Almost every school that has offered me is coming after me pretty hard.”

The 6-3 230 pound prospect isn’t in a rush to make a decision any time soon, so a school like Miami that has come in recently will have time to make up ground.

“I don’t really have a time frame right now, but that will change the more I start to narrow down my list,” Rogers said. “What I am looking for in a school is that they have good academics and I can make an impact right away on the field. Distance is not a problem.”

Over the offseason, Rogers has been training hard to repeat as Washington state champs and take his game to the next level.

“What I am most looking forward to in my senior year is to have the most dominant season and win another state championship and even possibly a national championship.”

Thank you for the overview Stefan! I appreciate it.

Advertisement
...As one of the best programs for tight end prospects in the nation, the Canes would have a lot to offer a guy like Rogers, and he is well aware of the history of the position at UM.

“I know a lot about the TE tradition at the University of Miami,” Rogers said. “Miami is TEU and for them to see that ability in me to play at such a school is a blessing. It’s known and proven that they produce TE’s that last in the NFL...”

We are the best program in the nation for TE’s.

Advertisement
Advertisement
**** effin yeah we are THE BLUEBLOOD TE U
and any b! Tch with half a brain k ows this is where you go to get to NFL.

Kid has the goods! Nice to pull him and Washington. Don't think we take 3 TEs since we have one on board already.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back