4 Star SG Austin Swartz to Miami

Advertisement
How hiring a coach who won at every place he coached and took a mid major to the final four could be seen as giving up???
That's what I'm trying to figure out. When news broke about the L hire, my thought process was like, "Aye, ain't this the dude that took GW to a F4? **** Yea! Finally, this school has gotten serious about winning basketball!"

“I believe Miami and coach [Jim] Larranaga can help reach my goal of making the NBA,” Swartz told ESPN. “They have had success with guards who can shoot and score, recently with Isaiah Wong, who has the same type of size and frame as me. They had Shane Larkin, who could really shoot it deep. “They play a five-out offense and allow their guards to make decisions and play in space. They also play a lot of pick-and-roll. It all fits what I am looking for.” He said Larranaga’s relationship with his players was a big factor in him picking Miami, which is coming off its first Final Four in school history and reached the Elite Eight the previous year. “They laid out a plan for me, and I feel Coach L is a player’s coach,” Swartz said. “He is fun to be around and gives off good vibes. Speaking with the players, they said he is in your corner, both in the good and bad times. He helps his players through their tough times. He tries to build confidence in his players. That’s important to me.”

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-of-miami/article278993059.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
🤣🤣🤣

Talk about not having a clue about who coach L is lol.

We got so lucky to get a coach who spends ALL his time and energy on building his team and program… instead of self promotion and chasing bigger bags.
In fairness, his Miami resume is what makes him HOF

Advertisement
Back