2023 4 Star Safety - Jayden Bonsu, NJ - Committing 08/14 @ 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
He was a huge playmaker I don't know what off field issues he had but he had some good speed with quick cuts. He was the only dude who showed up vs LSU I believe.

But I'm a show me in the NFL type....if he ain't do it there he probably wasn't as good as we think or thought.

The NFL is just a different beast. I don't need the NFL to validate a beast in college.

Someone said Rambo wasn't a true number one receiver and I say bs to that. They used the draft to validate that statement. What Rambo didn't have was NFL speed. He's an average or even below average guy in the league. College, he was fast enough, tall enough, and caught mostly everything thrown his way. The NFL, you're facing freakshows every week. The best of the best athletically. Those small separations he got in college they'll close down.

I think he'll stick around in the NFL because of his intangibles. I don't know if that'll be Carolina or elsewhere. Is he going to be a league 1 or even 2? I don't think so, but if he keeps working, he'll be in the right spot on the field when his number is called.

Advertisement
He was a huge playmaker I don't know what off field issues he had but he had some good speed with quick cuts. He was the only dude who showed up vs LSU I believe.

But I'm a show me in the NFL type....if he ain't do it there he probably wasn't as good as we think or thought.
Hey bro, take those manny Diaz evals elsewhere! We got Mario now lol

Why would you want to go to a school that thought of you as the second fiddle. What an insult that is and you want to go play for them. Not me.

Do you have any idea how many 2nd, 3rd, 4th,....options we've had on this team, even when we were good. No team lands all their top guys, you're lucky if you land a handful.

Guess who would take Downs over him? Pretty much every team in the land. That wouldn't leave him a landing spot would it if he had that attitude.

Yea he never lost speed out those cuts. He was a 4.5 guy he just looked faster cause them cuts were serious.
All I know is dude was always open. He always created separation. He was a knucklehead and had some drops, but if he had a qb who could hit him in stride instead of under throwing passes making everything a contested catch, his numbers would have been much much better.

If being a WR was just about speed, John Ross and Darrius Heyward-Bey would be going to Canton. I don’t know of a more overrated attribute our fan base circle jerks to than straight line speed at WR

Advertisement
Some really really interesting takes in here lol.

First of all, the initial comment was JT was dynamic as WR1 (an argument made to support that a smaller WR can be WR1 in college). Nobody said he deserves to be in the hall of fame or win awards.

2. He was by definition WR1 in 2018. Outplayed his classmate Harley by more than double the yards (and he didn't play after the VT game). But some in here claiming Harley was more talented.

3. Everyone glossing over the disaster of a QB situation and offensive scheme that year lol. Malik and Kosi combo was straight *** juice that year. And only 3 routes were called for the WRs.

4. Clearly the kid had mental issues and low work ethic, and the toxicity of the program at the time definitely made it worse. Which is why he never loved up to his potential. But that doesn't negate 1-3 above.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220805-192402_ESPN.jpg
    Screenshot_20220805-192402_ESPN.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Advertisement
Some really really interesting takes in here lol.

First of all, the initial comment was JT was dynamic as WR1 (an argument made to support that a smaller WR can be WR1 in college). Nobody said he deserves to be in the hall of fame or win awards.

2. He was by definition WR1 in 2018. Outplayed his classmate Harley by more than double the yards. But some in here claiming Harley was more talented.

3. Everyone glossing over the disaster of a QB situation and offensive scheme that year lol. Malik and Kosi combo was straight *** juice that year. And only 3 routes were called for the WRs.

4. Clearly the kid had mental issues and low work ethic, and the toxicity of the program at the time definitely made it worse. Which is why he never loved up to his potential. But that doesn't negate 1-3 above.
Naw.

Advertisement
Lol I understand the straight facts I posted are hard to dispute, but you didn't have to "naw" me.
Just because he had most catches doesn't make him a WR1. A WR1 is a lot more than who has the most yards.

I didn't see anyone say Harley was more talented. He was more reliable and I would prefer 1 Harley or 15 Jeff Thomas's.

Qb/Oc/Hc/ol and everything else were meh but even in the perfect system with the greatest Qb he would have struggled. My cousin was his roommate so I'm very aware of the full Jeff Thomas story.

Just because he had most catches doesn't make him a WR1. A WR1 is a lot more than who has the most yards.

I didn't see anyone say Harley was more talented. He was more reliable and I would prefer 1 Harley or 15 Jeff Thomas's.

Qb/Oc/Hc/ol and everything else were meh but even in the perfect system with the greatest Qb he would have struggled. My cousin was his roommate so I'm very aware of the full Jeff Thomas story.
Naw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back