2023 4 Star Safety - Jayden Bonsu, NJ - Committing 08/14 @ 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Siiiiiiiigh;

I know the wave had us thumping & pumping our chest, but this is still recruiting. U gotta keep that same energy & not get down when or “if” top priority kids choose other schools. We’re still dealing w/ bag schools, just b/c our bags got a little heavier w/ NIL doesn’t mean these bag schools mysteriously went away. We’re still dealing w/ three schools in particular, namely UGA, OSU, & Bama, who have been lacing the NFL for yrs.

There’s a couple of narratives that need to stop immediately on here:

1. These kids rarely care about what city they r playing in. 3-4 yrs is a small price to pay to make it to the league.

2. Bag schools will always be bag schools, & they’ll adjust

3. Start using ur ears & not ur heart. Forget what I’ve been saying, Mario himself have been trying to temper expectations & said it’s a 2-3 yr process to mend relationships, & change perception.

We’re way ahead of schedule b/c we have an excellent staff, but we’re in big boy football now, & we’re not sneaking up on anyone any longer. Trust the process & just know we’re not going to be a Pokémon Master by catching them all. We’ll catch a good share, & unlike the previous staffs, we won’t have our genitals left in our hands. Long ways til December & February w/ an expanded board.

Advertisement
A lot of people crowned Addae based on that UGA class & things are looking a little funny in the light. The reality is UGA signed 5 star DB’s/Defensive players before & after him. He was a cog of the machine, not the machine.

However, long way to go to signing day. I hope our DB’s ball out in this system, should give him that additional juice on the trail & generate momentum into the next cycle with plenty of elite DB talent in the state, specifically at CB which is a weakness on this roster.

A lot of people crowned Addae based on that UGA class & things are looking a little funny in the light. The reality is UGA signed 5 star DB’s/Defensive players before & after him. He was a cog of the machine, not the machine.

However, long way to go to signing day. I hope our DB’s ball out in this system, should give him that additional juice on the trail & generate momentum into the next cycle with plenty of elite DB talent in the state, specifically at CB which is a weakness on this roster.
Agree with this 100 percent

Advertisement
Unless you are in a time machine he has 10 days until announcing.
Ok…. Makes the question even more relevant. One CB 10 days away and everyone has made concessions to OSU and moved on. Does Miami and Ruiz counter or that’s just other schools?

Last edited:
This staff is getting top tier pay. We have top tier NIL support. Sorry, but I expect them to be able to pull a true stud WR1, especially with our QB room, and a couple stud DBs. It’s early, so the criticism is premature, but I’m of the school that a guy making $9mm — in large part, because of his recruiting ability — doesn’t get a pass “until we show it on the field.” We’ve got money, highly credentialed coordinators, and a bunch of assistants who are supposed to be killers on the trail. Perform.
....and as multiple insiders on here have stated, in many/most cases we are NOT the highest NIL offer. So unless you want Mario and the staff to kidnap the kids and force them to commit when they are chasing bigger paydays, I'm not sure what your expectations are. We already have a great class, and have gone head to head with the biggest recruiting schools.

Ok…. Makes the question even more relevant. One CB 10 days away and everyone has made concessions to Georgia and moved on. Does Miami and Ruiz counter or that’s just other schools?
Think you meant OSU. I can't speak for others but the CB just confirmed what I believed was already the case. Even though Miami was the presumed leader drawing out the announcement wasn't a coincidence. Something was waiting to be finalized. Nothing is over until LOI is submitted but the writing has been on the wall for a few weeks.

Advertisement
....and as multiple insiders on here have stated, in many/most cases we are NOT the highest NIL offer. So unless you want Mario and the staff to kidnap the kids and force them to commit when they are chasing bigger paydays, I'm not sure what your expectations are. We already have a great class, and have gone head to head with the biggest recruiting schools.

I just stated, precisely, my expectations. Don’t start with excuses. My position is the same today as it will be any time in the future, no matter how this class turns out: you get paid the big money, you better produce big. And the “insiders” here have no greater view of the NIL deals than I do — in fact, in many instances, I know much more. If you’re going to stroke Mario for recruiting wins, then be consistent and hold him accountable for the losses. We’ll see what the class looks like in December/January. If we fail to land a true WR1, round out the class with some mid ranked DBs, or only sign a project or two at DT, then Mario has failed.

I just stated, precisely, my expectations. Don’t start with excuses. My position is the same today as it will be any time in the future, no matter how this class turns out: you get paid the big money, you better produce big. And the “insiders” here have no greater view of the NIL deals than I do — in fact, in many instances, I know much more. If you’re going to stroke Mario for recruiting wins, then be consistent and hold him accountable for the losses. We’ll see what the class looks like in December/January. If we fail to land a true WR1, round out the class with some mid ranked DBs, or only sign a project or two at DT, then Mario has failed.
Not accepting your ridiculously impatient expectations isn't making excuses..it's being rational and realistic. In his first full recruiting class, with no on-the-field results to back him up yet, Mario and this staff are going head to head with top programs. We are in a great position, and Mario is doing a great job.

Advertisement
I can’t decide what’s funnier out of the decimals and precision versus how bad they‘re at this.

hmmm .....

i see what you did there
Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back