2023 4 Star Safety - Jayden Bonsu, NJ - Committing 08/14 @ 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Ray and Robby are excellent pickups neither is a WR1. You need a WR1 in every class preferably multiple so you have competition at the top.
Jurrion is still out there as an option. Still some time left in this process.

Ohio likely asked this kid to hold off on his commitment just in case they didn’t land some higher rates guys. If he did that then he always wanted to be there
He was always priority for them and a take regardless for them. He isn’t a rangy FS and more of a SS, not like Downs. Now maybe he was made even more of a priority but Taint wasn’t telling him to hold off for other kids.

Advertisement
****. Not surprised, the constant decision push back made it obvious that something was up.
Question is do we have time to counter the OSU leaning? Still 8 days away from announcing? Or Was OSU the choice all along but didn’t have a committable offer?

Advertisement
This staff is getting top tier pay. We have top tier NIL support. Sorry, but I expect them to be able to pull a true stud WR1, especially with our QB room, and a couple stud DBs. It’s early, so the criticism is premature, but I’m of the school that a guy making $9mm — in large part, because of his recruiting ability — doesn’t get a pass “until we show it on the field.” We’ve got money, highly credentialed coordinators, and a bunch of assistants who are supposed to be killers on the trail. Perform.

To their credit, RayRay & Robby were a lot like Duke Johnson in that they loved Miami and just needed any semi coherent coach to recruit them to come. Didn't Ray Ray literally say the only reason why he wasnt commited to Miami previously was that the Diaz stuff didn't recruit him at all?

I don't think we've necessarily won any head to head WR battles yet
Grasshopper or mh18! Don't want to disrespect any cane fan. But da battles aren't important its da war we want to win. Until signing day all it is battles. We battled f4 ray ray! And we still haven't really done anything til pen meets paper. I.e the war!!

Advertisement
Did anyone hear what Mario said about recruiting? That it generally takes 18-24 months to get it really going…

I’m looking at where we were and where we are now… it’s light years ahead of where we should be. I’ll take it…
Yes, but he did also the second wave of recruiting was coming

Washington and Joseph were layups. Stafford is a great athlete but a work in progress at the position. Again, not impressed with the work being done at either of those positions and certainly disappointing given the perceived strength of each coaching hire.
Washington and Joseph were layups because Mario is here. Manny, Golden, etc. gets neither. People are spoiled as fvck already.

Everyone was concerned about RB last year, Mario pulls Citizen out of thin air on signing day.

We have a staff now where we don’t need to get panties in a wad when a domino or two or three doesn’t fall our way. Let em work. We have Baba Yaga at the helm.It’s the first week of August.

This staff is getting top tier pay. We have top tier NIL support. Sorry, but I expect them to be able to pull a true stud WR1, especially with our QB room, and a couple stud DBs. It’s early, so the criticism is premature, but I’m of the school that a guy making $9mm — in large part, because of his recruiting ability — doesn’t get a pass “until we show it on the field.” We’ve got money, highly credentialed coordinators, and a bunch of assistants who are supposed to be killers on the trail. Perform.
It's not even signing day! It's still time, how yu don't know this?

Advertisement
Mario can't close!!!

This would never happen under Diaz.

Well, it would have, BUT we would have made up for it in the transfer portal with a highly hyped, recently injured 4 star safety from the West Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back