2023 4 Star Safety - Jayden Bonsu, NJ - Committing 08/14 @ 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said 1/5 from jump but it's not the end of the world.

-Bonsu is too slow to play safety.

-He's from the north so the warm weather probably would be too much for him.

-He reminds me of Kiy Hester.

I think I got all the potential excuses out the way.
Forgot them stuff hips, too, boo

Advertisement
He’s certainly a proven recruiter, it just hasn’t shown yet and with some important recruits too. Nowhere close to dogging on him + we all saw the unit improve quickly in the Spring…but I did expect at least one pure DB or S before Fall Camp rolled around, especially because he was that good at UGA.
It’s also not that hard to recruit DBs to UGA right now. So far results aren’t great here. Same can be said for Gattis and the WR recruiting.

***** going to get weird over the next 10 years. Automation and centralization is going to take away millions of jobs. What do those people go do? If you aren’t writing the code or in IT I just don’t know where all these people go for work. The gap between the wealthy and the low/middle class will continue to grow.

Advertisement
Getting worked by the big boys at WR and DB thus far.
That's been a trend here for a decade but at least now we have chance at winning games. I think next year will be when we start to land the big names at those positions.

This class is all about the trenches. OL/DL we stack there everything else will take care of itself
We got our QB1 which is most important and have some nice top tier pieces across the board. OL looks good but DL is only one guy, albeit he is a monster. I do agree that the trenches are your foundation but I don’t think it’s just that simple that everything else will take care of itself. Still our start has been phenomenal, we have a top 6 star average.

Advertisement
he just said as of yesterday a reliable source was sstill feeling good. He is checking out what happened.

wouldn't be susrprised if OSU offering up front $$. Pretty clear this was all about NIL. OSu desperate right now.

OSU has had the better “offer” for a bit. I’ll see if I can check in with my guy to see if anything has changed since we last talked.

Went after some big fish and missed at safety, hopefully they didn’t completely drop contact with Mack and Hussey. CB recruiting is bad. outside of Damari brown there isn’t a good local guy unless somebody emerges in there senior year. It’s going to take some time for Elite DBs to give us a serious look cause we haven’t developed anybody good lately.

Advertisement
I used to get super ****ed about **** like this but Mario actually has backup plans and they're not bad. This obviously sucks but every year this will get easier and the diva positions will finally start jumping on board.

Last edited:
I said 1/5 from jump but it's not the end of the world.

-Bonsu is too slow to play safety.

-He's from the north so the warm weather probably would be too much for him.

-He reminds me of Kiy Hester.

I think I got all the potential excuses out the way.
You forgot the one about not wanting to compete with the dudes already on the depth chart.

Advertisement
Why aren’t the WR results great? I’m trying figure out why y’all keep saying that?

Ray Ray and Robby are excellent pickups
**** just changes and we quickly forget where we used to stand. Back in April, our QB board was in disarray and had only one player committed in Tripp, I dont even count Seymore. Robby was looking like it was gonna be a long *** battle with Bama in the mix and Ray Ray was committed elsewhere. We had Brown and Keem penciled into our classes. We go on a crazy roll in June/July and now everyone thinks we can just stuff the like of Kirby and Saban in 'lockers' whenever we want. Well, the rational ones knew that was crazy optimistic. Reality is that we can be somewhat struggling at WR and DB, here specifically to your post WR because given the strength of the cycle an argument can be made that we in fact are. That all said, lets not kid ourselves, both Robby and Ray Ray make the position stronger. They are great players, maybe not elite, but great players that were being pursued by Clemson and Bama.

Ray and Robby are excellent pickups neither is a WR1. You need a WR1 in every class preferably multiple so you have competition at the top.
They arent WR1 on paper if we expect to be a top 5 program, but then again, who was Clemson gonna sign this cycle that was better? All that aside, Ray and Robby would be monster pick ups for any program outside of that elite top 5-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back