2023 4 Star Safety - Jayden Bonsu, NJ - Committing 08/14 @ 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
So at what point can people be critical of 17 and 18 year olds? When is the "kids will be kids" excuse lose legitimacy? Alot of these athletes will now be making more money than 90% of this board. To many that means these "kids" are professionals. Can we call them out when they are acting in an unprofessional manner or do we continue to give passes?
Man if you think what they’re doing is bad you shoulda seen the **** I was doing when I was 17 and 18.

Thank god MySpace and LiveJournal are hidden away forever.

You ever remember something you did when you were younger and try to scream it out of existence?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not professionals yet. It’s a gray area. The part I find funny is that then more obtuse these kids are during recruiting/signing seems to have a direct correlation with the likelihood of failing to get to stay at the next level for long (anecdotal evidence but feels like the missing on making it is almost earned). I hope this kid can manage to get out of his own way on this one. I find it amazing that these kids haven’t realized that if they are to play games with their commitment, they can count out those other teams as a transfer destination. Scorched earth.
I think it's a red flag, seems like priorities are out of wack. Not talking about this kid specifically but as a general rule.

Man if you think what they’re doing is bad you shoulda seen the **** I was doing when I was 17 and 18.

Thank god MySpace and LiveJournal are hidden away forever.

You ever remember something you did when you were younger and try to scream it out of existence?
I didn't say it was bad. I'm asking where is the point when you can be critical? Or do these "kids" get a pass like always.

Advertisement
I think it's a red flag, seems like priorities are out of wack. Not talking about this kid specifically but as a general rule.
“Red flag” “Priorities are out of Wack” taking kid’s behavior to heart as an adult, isn’t a clear example of this? This is a huge projection. This is the mayonnaise calling the wonder bread, white.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If a 17 or 18 y/o can receive massive compensation thru NIL then they should be able to accept and not be immune to heavy criticism. You want the glory, attention, clout, etc ? Well, this is the other side of that coin.
I was saying the same thing to my buddy the other day. I didn't think it was fair to take personal shots on kids who were working hard and putting on for their school. I would comment on their play or bonehead things off the field, but i would never use a term like JAG or take personal shots at kids. But the moment you start pushing all this NIL stuff, making it just as much (if not more) about the money and attention that goes with it, both of which are supposed to justify how good you are, you open yourself up for major criticism. That's how it works in any business......so once you make it a business, you best be ready for it.

Grown men on a message board getting emotionally distraught and talking about priorities out of whack regarding a teenager’s school choice decision. Just wow.
That is over simplifying what this is. And you are not being intellectually honest by presenting it in a mocking tone.

You could easily say “grown men running a website that follows a bunch of kids” or “grown men getting excited because a bunch of kids play a game”.

I assume you are a grown man and you yourself are on this FANATIC message board.

College football is a multi billion dollar business fueled by fan bases. It is perfectly rational for vested fans to get emotional over free agent signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back