2023 4 Star Safety - Jayden Bonsu, NJ - Committing 08/14 @ 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Don’t agree. 7-8 is the floor. The numbers just don’t add up. Based on how many recruits canes will sign (27-30) Miami would have to whiff on nearly every remaining blue chip to get to that 9-12 range.
I guess you think all other teams are going to stop recruiting.

I guess you think all other teams are going to stop recruiting.
Obviously not. But it’s all point based/class size. Some schools ahead signed nearly 30 kids last year. They might have a better class average wise but have 7 less commits than Miami. Going off the numbers in terms of how many commits canes will take I don’t see less than 290 points which is usually around 7/8th best.

Advertisement
Top 5 is impossible as long as On3 is included in the composite. There is no way around it. They have all but 2 of our commits ranked lower in their rankings than on their own composite.

For example, Rashada just moved UP to #16 overall in 247's rankings. ESPN has him ranked 22nd. Rivals has him ranked 30th. On3 dropped him all the way down to 193. He would be a composite 5* at the end of the year without On3. But because they're included, he's sitting at #48.

That's how they've treated all our commits. So again, as long as On3 is included in the 247 composite, we have no chance at top 5. NONE.

Last edited:
Obviously not. But it’s all point based/class size. Some schools ahead signed nearly 30 kids last year. They might have a better class average wise but have 7 less commits than Miami. Going off the numbers in terms of how many commits canes will take I don’t see less than 290 points which is usually around 7/8th best.
Every school has the same IC exception not just Miami. 290 will not be top 10 this year.

Every school has the same IC exception not just Miami. 290 will not be top 10 this year.
We’ll see but that’s never been the case. Unless programs intend on just dumping 15% of their current roster. I don’t expect 10-12 schools to sign 30 kids AND have the same caliber players canes sign. Top 8 seems like nearly a lock as of today.

Ngl Cribby had me a believer for a minute but 6 was always our ceiling imo. Now next year all bets are off.
what are you talking about ? I literally was arguing with people on here for talking top 3-5 class. I always said top ten would be the range. 6-7 range was the ceiling. When Mario got the job I said we’ll have top ten classes consistently under him and the occasional jump to the 5-7 range.

Advertisement
what are you talking about ? I literally was arguing with people on here for talking top 3-5 class. I always said top ten would be the range. 6-7 range was the ceiling. When Mario got the job I said we’ll have top ten classes consistently under him and the occasional jump to the 5-7 range.
I think you were even more conservative than that,if I remember correctly you said in the 10-15 range.

Yup been telling people too 12 finish. Top 5 was ridiculous to think.
Dont Be Scared GIF by ALLBLK

Advertisement

In your heart do you think Mario will build a playoff and possibly natty level roster?

Advertisement
We are tied for 5th best per player ranking in the nation with more 3 stars than a bunch of the teams who have a higher average. We can easily finish in the top 5. And should regardless of what happens this week. Give u man a couple days of notso great news and its like Al Golden is back. Smh. If you think every player we after is gonna commit here, or that if someone don't commit here the sky is falling, stay on eye in the sky.

And this is where things get murky with all the guys beholden to the star system and blue chip ratio and the guys that are not. As @Brooklyndee has stated the rating system is corrupt as ****, if you want any more evidence just look at On3 and ratings in the past being manipulated. But we also have the data showing a correlation in regards to the consistent BCS playoff contenders and blue chip ratio.

Side note don't even get me started with the in built advantages that occur with the top 25 rankings, especially preseason top 25 rankings. If you don't believe that the system is already rigged to benefit certain schools or conferences I don't know what to tell you. Preseason top 25 rankings is BS, but I digress.

The fact of the matter is a consistent top 5-7 class plus an actual competent evaluation department will make us a consistent BCS contender annually. We know the books are cooked but we also not there is validity still to the ratio. We also know there is an inherent bias towards certain programs and their star rating and we also know we are not one of those programs. But if we are landing top 5-7 classes that means we are recruiting the type of talent that the recruiting services can't ignore or downgrade enough to keep us out of the top 5-7 classes overall. The key is our scouting department to evaluate the right guys regardless of what the star system states. A good example is Samson Okunlola, yes he is a top 50 rated guy, but he is not the top rated OT this year and yet based on the evals from the guys we respect on here, he is priority #1 for the O-line class regardless of who we signed or who is rated higher. The evals tell us he should and is the top OL target regardless of who is rated ahead of him. This is how we will succeed and reach the top a mix of both. Which in turn if and when this happens I suspect that in the future the kids we go after and get will also start to get the preferential treatment that the kids are getting from the other top tier programs. Especially when we are in one of those conferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back